The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Old November 21st, 2012, 02:00 AM   #1
Franpa

Default How do you holster/stow away your gun? If you can't Id like to request support for it

I believe in Borderlands 1 (I may have bad memory) you can hold X on the Xbox360 controller and it will stow away your gun, in Borderlands 2 this doesn't work... so you end up with the bottom right corner of your screen almost always covered by a weapon graphic making it needlessly harder to scavenge for loot once you've finished killing everything in your vicinity. (It's also a bobbing distraction)

Yes you can switch to a smaller gun but that requires you to have a small gun equipped and wastes a weapon slot just to work around the issue. The game clearly is capable of doing it as it demonstrates you can be weaponless right at the start of the game. I would just like the old functionality back, and if my memory was bad and it never existed in the first place then I'd like to request it be added.

Example image (1024x576): http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...6-51-41-07.png

Last edited by Franpa; November 21st, 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Franpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:09 AM   #2
Ugliest1

Default Re: How do you holster/stow away your gun? If you can't Id like to request support fo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franpa View Post
I believe in Borderlands 1 (I may have bad memory) you can hold X on the Xbox360 controller and it will stow away your gun, in Borderlands 2 this doesn't work... so you end up with the bottom right corner of your screen almost always covered by a weapon graphic making it needlessly harder to scavenge for loot once you've finished killing everything in your vicinity.

Yes you can switch to a smaller gun but that requires you to have a small gun equipped and wastes a weapon slot just to work around the issue. The game clearly is capable of doing it as it demonstrates you can be weaponless right at the start of the game. I would just like the old functionality back, and if my memory was bad and it never existed in the first place then I'd like to request it be added.

Example image (1024x576): http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...6-51-41-07.png
I just unequip weapons when I've taken screenshots on console.
Ugliest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:15 AM   #3
Franpa

Default Re: How do you holster/stow away your gun? If you can't Id like to request support fo

That's fine if you want to show off something, but from a gameplay perspective that sounds a little annoying as I believe you'd have to go in to and out of the inventory screen to configure it each time (You want to see stuff? Inventory screen to de-equip! Want to shoot stuff? Inventory screen to re-equip!). Also you would have to be careful as any weapon loot will automatically get equipped upon approach if a weapon slot is empty.
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:40 AM   #4
Franpa

Alternatively an option to visually scale weapons down.
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:27 AM   #5
Iron Wall
Above Average

Have you seen the characters walk slowly without any weapons equipped? It ain't pretty haha.
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:44 AM   #6
violentbydesign

Yeah you couldn't do that in bl1 unless it was a pc mod.
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:07 AM   #7
ToxicKookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franpa View Post
I believe in Borderlands 1 (I may have bad memory) you can hold X on the Xbox360 controller and it will stow away your gun.
Yes you do have a bad memory, and no that was never possible.

You may be confusing it with Fallout 3 and NV though, since you could do exactly that in both those games.

~Specs~
i5 3570k 3.4Ghz(OCed to 4.2Ghz)
EVGA GTX 670 4GB
12GB Corsair RAM
Win 7 Pro 64bit
ToxicKookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM   #8
Wolfprince
Space Cowboy

Yeah, this was never a feature in BL1.

And though it does grow funny at times to be pulling a slot machine lever with an invisible hand while the other holds your gun, I doubt its enough of an issue to be considered worth developer time by and large.
Wolfprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM   #9
felixthecoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfprince View Post
Yeah, this was never a feature in BL1.

And though it does grow funny at times to be pulling a slot machine lever with an invisible hand while the other holds your gun, I doubt its enough of an issue to be considered worth developer time by and large.
I think the character is using his/her guns barrel to smash it down. If my memory serves right, the slot machines require you to aim at them, jump 3 times and use your action skill while watching the "spoon full of sugar" scene in Mary Poppins. It's makes the arm come down at which point you get 3 psycho heads that say "boom time!" Then, Moxxi throws a bad touch that you can't use until you turn in 120 seraph crystals to master gee who has a store at the Underdome in the Caustic Caverns.
Borderlands 2 Maya - OP8 Gaige - OP8 Salvador - 61 Borderlands (Original) 7 lvl 69 Soldiers, 3 lvl 69 Hunters, 3 lvl 69 Sirens, 2 lvl 69 Bricks. My wife has 12 lvl 69 Hunters! Xbox Live Id: FelixTheCoach

Maya Skill Deficiency Summary here.

Last edited by felixthecoach; November 21st, 2012 at 08:44 AM.
felixthecoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 02:35 AM   #10
Franpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicKookie View Post
Yes you do have a bad memory, and no that was never possible.

You may be confusing it with Fallout 3 and NV though, since you could do exactly that in both those games.
Ah okay then, I thought that feature was great and find it annoying to not have it now :/