The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 21st, 2012, 02:10 AM   #1
IgnisSoul
Gaige Is Mai Waifu

Default HAWP Easter Egg -DLC Spoilers Alert!-

So as many people know the writer for the Borderlands 2 story is Anthony Burch,his sister Ashley Burch does the voice for Tiny Tina and the Annoying Gun (Which can also be heard on The Bane). Now in there spare time they make a web series called "Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'?" Which is basically Ash playing different games and doing different stuff (Basically think IRL Tiny Tina minus the explosions....sometimes)

Anyways in most of the videos their father appears and he's a really cool guy,he basically makes the series funnier because of how serious he is played to be (like in the Twilight episode)

Anyways,while playing the DLC I reached Tiny Tina and saw her painted bus,I found it cute that she had all this chibi drawings but on the back I found something really sweet. So being an avid HAWP fan I instantly recognized the picture.They actually included a picture of their dad in a comical fashion. Basically the picture is him wearing an eye patch (based on Big Boss) and riding an unicorn (which is based of one of their episodes about a game called Sleep Is Death which Anthony Burch made and Ash ruins completely)

Anyways this is the part of the video where the drawing of their dad appears. (Video is a bit crude if you are against that thing but hey you are playing Borderlands 2 INNUENDOS!)

Their dad appears at about 1:10 after Ashley summons him to fix everything. Now look at the picture in the video.

This is the one form the game.

I really respect them both more for including something like that in a game that is quite popular,kudos to the Burch siblings,The Workshop and Gearbox for putting something so neat into a game that probably means alot to them and their dad.

"This chest will either be full of great loot, of a bunch of crap. If you get nothing but white shields, blame Schrodinger and his zombie cat." - Tannis

Last edited by IgnisSoul; November 21st, 2012 at 02:13 AM.
IgnisSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:23 AM   #2
KINGC00PATR00PA

Default Re: HAWP Easter Egg -DLC Spoilers Alert!-

That is pretty badass and yea that show is hilarious
KINGC00PATR00PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:26 AM   #3
Mechromancity
Avid Gamer

Show has been around for awhile. I liked the Quantum Conundrum episode. Nice Easter Egg, though with a title like that, Pedobear shall be lurking this thread
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:31 AM   #4
dacheat
Incredible Cheatin Action

There's also a Papa Burch NPC in Moxxi's bar. Or at least an NPC whose lines reference Papa Burch. He says "I only ball in the street" like in the NBA Jam episode, and some other generally creepy/hilarious stuff ("eight inches"). So I'm not sure if it's just that line or the entire NPC's set of dialogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...yO2P6HAw#t=42s

Thanks to Mirroranda for the sig!

Character Guides: Axton - Maya - Salvador - Zer0 - Gaige (Coming Less Soon)

Ice Car: u r very kawai ugu
dacheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 08:15 AM   #5
IgnisSoul
Gaige Is Mai Waifu

I didn't notice the NPC one I have to check it. But this one is blantly obvious which is awesome. xD

"This chest will either be full of great loot, of a bunch of crap. If you get nothing but white shields, blame Schrodinger and his zombie cat." - Tannis
IgnisSoul is offline   Reply With Quote