The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 21st, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1
arahkin

Default DLC 2 quest bug on quest "A montage"

I just started TVHM play through on the Torgue DLC after finishing it on normal. When I get to the quest "A Montage" when you have to go see Moxxi after freeing her from Pyro Pete it won't let me turn it it. It has Check marks in both boxes for the objectives. When I got to the Bar it went through most of the script but wont trigger the final completion. I have already tried quitting the game and turning off the system but that didn't fix it at all. A friend and I have both had this happen, has anyone else come across this issue?
arahkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Ed_the_alchemist

Default Re: DLC 2 quest bug on quest "A montage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by arahkin View Post
I just started TVHM play through on the Torgue DLC after finishing it on normal. When I get to the quest "A Montage" when you have to go see Moxxi after freeing her from Pyro Pete it won't let me turn it it. It has Check marks in both boxes for the objectives. When I got to the Bar it went through most of the script but wont trigger the final completion. I have already tried quitting the game and turning off the system but that didn't fix it at all. A friend and I have both had this happen, has anyone else come across this issue?
I played the first couple missions of dlc2 in a friends game (normal) then started on my own today. After completing bar room brawl tier 3 and the totally recall I fast travelled and now both boxes are ticked but no turn in. (as with abovr).

Anyone got any ideas to fix?
Ed_the_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Ed_the_alchemist

Ok just found my own fix

I #beleive# this bug may be because I fast travelled and as a result, mr. torgues dialogue upon entering badass crater (i went straight to the bar), never played although moxxi's did.

I loaded another save on tvhm, raced through the quests and joined with my glitched character after killing pyro pete. I had glitched character turnin chop suey and start the montage mission, then completed the mission as normal with no fast travelling. After turning in mission and starting eat cookies (again, with character with quest bug), I saved and quit, loaded bugged character as main and went back. Quest completed and next one started.

problem solved (kinda)
Ed_the_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:18 AM   #4
jaimeken711

I just had the same problem right now. What gives?
jaimeken711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Devilseam

Same thing happened to me.

I played the DLC first in Normal mode to get a good layout and understanding of everything and when I started it in TVHM I noticed her bar was on the fast travel already.

Mine still is not fixed and only my Mech has access to TVHM.

There has to be a better way since I don't know how to use a prior save on a PS3 to do what Ed did.

Please fix this Gearbox.
Devilseam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:21 AM   #6
arahkin

Like Ed said I also believe this issue is due to fast traveling. I think the problem is when you leave the beatdown zone. Torgue has a line of dialogue talking about treating Moxxi right. If you fast travel to the bar and don't trigger this, the quest will lock up. The only way I was able to fix this was by grabbing my save from the online storage due to having PSN plus. Basically I lost all character progress from that day since my daily upload is at 6am. The quest data is tied to the character data not the profile data so you only need to overwrite the one. However if you don't have a recent backup I don't know if there is a fix for this. My friend who had the same problem ended up loosing 2 levels on his character when he used older data so becareful when doing this.

The only advice I can offer those who haven't run into this is. If you already did 1 play through and are on your 2nd, DON'T fast travel unless you have already been to that location on your current play. There may be lines of dialogue that happen while you're driving to that location. Once you get into that zone those lines can't be triggered again even by running back to where you were. There might be other points in the DLC like this so I onestly just stopped using the fast travel since the zones are not that large and it's easy to drive around.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

If anyone from Gearbox sees this maybe you guys should not have fast travels on the 2nd play unlocked before a player gets there. It's too tempting to use it and things like this happen.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:24 PM   #7
Devilseam

That sucks, so basically what is going on is that gearbox allowed a fast travel location and since I used it an entire DLC is no longer available to me?

OR

I have to get another character through Normal and start the DLC in TVHM and them potentially I can have my bugged character join during that quest?

OR

Find someone online that has the DLC and hasn't truly started it yet and join them?

This is all very frustrating for just using a fast travel that also had the diamond beside it....
Devilseam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM   #8
arahkin

Basically yes. This is one of the glitches that made it through any testing that was done. If you have PSN plus with the online save storage or a backup on a usb drive then you can overwrite the current file with an older one. I guess your best option though would be to try playing in a random online game since it should show you people that are around that quest since you're still on it.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I would offer my help but I only have 1 character that is over level 31 and he has already finished both play throughs now.
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #9
DanRakich
CL4P-TP Humanoid

Send a message via MSN to DanRakich Send a message via Yahoo to DanRakich Send a message via Skype™ to DanRakich

you guys shud jus not fast travel it's alot less buggy to walk/drive.

GT : DanRakich
DanRakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #10
mcnabulous

Please fix this gearbox. I'm on PS3 and have no way to load an old save, so I'm stuck in the DLC. Can't you guys fix this with a quick patch?
mcnabulous is offline   Reply With Quote