The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

View Poll Results: Do you want to hear more about their plans, or keep it a surprise?
Yes, I'd like to hear a tidbit or two, for the sake of discussing them. 152 92.68%
Nah, I want to keep it a surprise, whether it's good or bad. 9 5.49%
Other [explained via your post] 3 1.83%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #21
Dagnabulous

Default Re: A question for Gearbox staff: Can you give us a hint about your future Eridium pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanHulk View Post
I have a better idea for eridium uses, or at least I think so. How about this GB raises the eridium cap to 999 and keep the SDUs. First I would like to see the torgue and seraph vendors scrapped and instead have a gear shop with anything from guns to relics that are ALWAYS scaled to the hosts lv, gear is ALWAYS blue or better, and the item of the day is ALWAYS a gold weapon like the torgue machines. Finally, and heres my favorite idea, if you use 50 - 100 eridium you can lv your gear up or down.
Hmmm, I like the last part, being able to use eridium to lvl gear. This and the E-Tech vending machine seem like the most viable ideas to make eridium somewhat relevant end-game.
Dagnabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #22
smashbrolink
Turret-loving Hylian

Default Re: A question for Gearbox staff: Can you give us a hint about your future Eridium pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagnabulous View Post
Hmmm, I like the last part, being able to use eridium to lvl gear. This and the E-Tech vending machine seem like the most viable ideas to make eridium somewhat relevant end-game.
Eridium vending machines, yes.
But I don't want to see a way of leveling up our gears.

It takes the point out of hunting for a higher-level-version of said gear.
We should just have drop rates increased instead, for the sake of higher-level gear.
smashbrolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #23
canyonsurferf35

I kind of think that the 8 eridium cost of raid bosses is supposed to be the answer to what we can do with our eridium. I hope they do something else, but I am not counting on it. By the time they get done with DLC, there'll be enough raid bosses to eat up eridium if you do them once a day.
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #24
therundown
I'm dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonsurferf35 View Post
I kind of think that the 8 eridium cost of raid bosses is supposed to be the answer to what we can do with our eridium. I hope they do something else, but I am not counting on it. By the time they get done with DLC, there'll be enough raid bosses to eat up eridium if you do them once a day.
Not really. pete can pay for himself, and you only have to beat the warrior once to pay entirely for all the raids for the day.

also, while I want to know what they're going to do with eridium, I highly doubt they'll toss ideas. The problem being, that results in misinformation, people hearing "possible use" and thinking it's something that definitely will happen. Then of course it doesn't get implemented and people get upset. Then of course you also have the people who will be mad that they decided not to go with what people thought was a great idea. If they tell you nothing, you'll be happier just having a use for eridium than getting a new one and being upset that you think it's worse than an alternative they suggested.

Last edited by therundown; November 25th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
therundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #25
Niteme
banned

In fact we can start tossing idea's around NOW before the release of such things. I have a section at the top of my Update Idea List.

No I don't think much of anything should be the max 99 or the possible new max of 999. Ranging from 40-80 eridium for boss fights. This is allow users in a full party to play a boss a few times, and collect a bit more if the fight is won... but taking all eridium for something like that just won't leave users with the smaller amount of eridium they might be able to use to buy other things, like replaying a quest might range from 5 - 40 or so depending on what kind of quest it is.
Niteme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #26
Phaselove
Boy Siren

I agree with the Eridium Vending Machine, but I hope they choose to stock it with skins and heads seeing as people have a hard time with them and they don't effect the difficulty of the game.
Phaselove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #27
yukichigai
...because I was bored

Send a message via ICQ to yukichigai Send a message via AIM to yukichigai Send a message via MSN to yukichigai Send a message via Yahoo to yukichigai Send a message via Skype™ to yukichigai

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashbrolink View Post
Eridium vending machines, yes.
But I don't want to see a way of leveling up our gears.

It takes the point out of hunting for a higher-level-version of said gear.
We should just have drop rates increased instead, for the sake of higher-level gear.
Only problem I have with that is that SOME of the weapons you'd want to level up are quest rewards that you can't farm for. Legendaries, sure, not an issue, just hit level 50 and farm away. One-time quest rewards or rare drops like the Slow Hand? Oh hell yes I would pay lots of eridimums to upgrade some of those.

Doesn't mean it can't be a huge cost. Say 99 for the legendaries, to stop the non-farming problem like you described, but a lower cost for the lesser rarity weapons. Say 50 for purples, 25 for the unique/blues, all the way down to 1 for white weapons.

Of course, I find it incredibly unlikely Gearbox will ever do something like that. My money is on indefinitely allowing us to upgrade our bank space, combined with a patch to fix the infinite bank storage exploit. At least for part of it.
yukichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #28
Niteme
banned

The upgrades could be simple ones, like changing a weapon from Shock to Corrosive.

Why is everyone suggesting 99 (the current max) to be able to do anything? It sounds so desperate. Don't just think upgrading weapons and selling eridium are going to be the only functions in the future. However if they allow us to carry 999, then fine go spend 100 or two on an upgrade. At least it's not emptying our wallets for this one thing if we could carry one digit more.

I think being able to replay almost any if not every single quests would be a great use for eridium. This can allow some farmers to hunt the warrior when Jack is still alive, as I hear that has a higher drop rate. I found a corrosive CC in one of my story quests, found 2 or 3 grenade mods farming him for much longer than I played the story quests.

If quest are to be replayed, the drop rates should be SLIGHTLY lowered , so for example if it's 1/400 then make it 1/500 or something like that. And to make sure no one exploits fleshstick again make that quest cost %70 percent or more of max eridium.
Niteme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #29
Ic3b3rg

I picked other, I want a full explanation and detailed reports on this matter. Also stop trying to make this game an MMO.

Truth part1 | Truth part2 |
Ic3b3rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #30
Patriot's Anarchist
the Binary Anarchist unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Wall View Post
Give us a level creator similar to InFamous 2 where we can spend eridium on purchasing ingame landscape items, enemies, buildings, different environments, decor. Then let us upload them so other players can play them.

It worked brilliantly in Infamous 2, being able to create your own final boss battle for people to play and purchasing different creation objects with Eridium instead of real money would attract more people.

The Create.Play.Share formula popularized by LittleBigPlanet adds limitless re-playability
I wouldn't mind a level editor being made availible. Most likely won't happen though.

Mikey the Devastructor W.I.P. Class Concept Sig courtesy of That_Guy42
Patriot's Anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote