The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old November 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #1
SaveTheZombies

Default In 2.5 - Caustic Caverns - Treasure Hunt Quest (for Dodge This pistol)

Just hit PT 2.5 and the first guns I want to go after are Ristrad (the gang war climax reward for siding with the Irish) and Dodge This (Caustic Cavern Treasure Hunt).
Are they the best side mission rewards? They're the ones I used the most in PT1.
Also wondering if these come in (Orange) legendary now that I'm in 2.5 or if that makes a difference.

On the Treasure Hunt now.
I hit all the switches but the one in the underground bunker: In Dahl's Bloody Fnord... or something.
Should I pick up the minecart quest or just run around the map? I forget how I got there originally but that door to the left of the main entrance of the area is still locked; did that open as part of a quest (the afore mentioned Minecart one) or just from running around the map?
I don't remember.

Don't do drugs kids.
SaveTheZombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #2
dirty zs
banned

Default Re: In 2.5 - Caustic Caverns - Treasure Hunt Quest (for Dodge This pistol)

it all depends on what you like. there are no good or bad guns. every gun has its place
dirty zs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Tluav Boy
Nitpicker Supreme

Default Re: In 2.5 - Caustic Caverns - Treasure Hunt Quest (for Dodge This pistol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheZombies View Post
Just hit PT 2.5 and the first guns I want to go after are Ristrad (the gang war climax reward for siding with the Irish) and Dodge This (Caustic Cavern Treasure Hunt).
Are they the best side mission rewards? They're the ones I used the most in PT1.
Also wondering if these come in (Orange) legendary now that I'm in 2.5 or if that makes a difference.

On the Treasure Hunt now.
I hit all the switches but the one in the underground bunker: In Dahl's Bloody Fnord... or something.
Should I pick up the minecart quest or just run around the map? I forget how I got there originally but that door to the left of the main entrance of the area is still locked; did that open as part of a quest (the afore mentioned Minecart one) or just from running around the map?
I don't remember.

Don't do drugs kids.
Okay, first off, you've got the gun names wrong. The Zaford (Irish) quest reward is the "Chulainn" and the Treasure Hunt quest reward is the "Dahlminator." The names you used are the red text listed on the gun's effects.

Second, guns don't change rarity. A Chulainn will always be Blue rarity, a Dahlminator will always be Magenta, a Good Touch will always be Purple, a Shredifier will always be Orange, etc.

Third, to open that door, you need to loop all the way around counter-clockwise to where the Spider Ants are and follow the doors and ladder from there. It's easy to find the path if you are doing the quest "Perfectly Peaceful"
Old November 25th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #4
SaveTheZombies

Thanks.
As long as I don't need Perfectly Peaceful picked up to open the doors.
I just wasn't sure?

Don't know why but I tend to remember the red txt more than the official names. Surprised I didn't remember Cuchulain as he's one of my favorite folk heroes.
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #5
SaveTheZombies

So I got the Dahlminator but the chest at the end of the mission (the big red one on top of the facility that comes up when you pull the lever) wont open.