The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 26th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #11
J0ESK0

Default Re: Master Gee stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPanic View Post
I'm pretty sure he won't crash as long as you don't do the last hit. So when his health is almost gone, go hide behind the rock if you weren't there already and look the other way just to be sure. That way he never crashed my xbox (although my xbox surely makes some crazy noices when he goes down) so if you can resist the urge to throw a grenade his way at the last second, you should be able to complete the mission. No crystals though, wait for the patch if you want those.
This. He froze everytime I actually killed him myself. But the one time I let him die from the corrosion and was looking AWAY from him.. it did not freeze. Just get him corroded, go hide behind the rock, look in other direction and let him die. Success! But yes.. there will be NO crystals in this method, but if you just want the achievement.. go for it!
J0ESK0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #12
De_Regelaar

ooooh, thats very good advise. i will try that again.

Thx man
De_Regelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #13
Nagdabbitall

Worked fine for me on Ps3, but be smart and make a save anyway. Seemed I was very close to freezing, but didn't. Had even more trouble on the last round of Creature Slaughterdome.
People on Ps3 are reporting fafafreezing problems on many of the new games, ex. BOPS2, may be time for Ps3 to upgrade their system. Also notice how when you play that in game messaging and other XMB activities just slowly crawl along?
Nagdabbitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #14
Prisoner8490

Master gee crashes because of all the worms on screen and in-play when the "loot splosion" happens from gee. The only sure-fire way to kill him AND be able to turn the mission in is kill him with as little to no worms on the screen as possible, and yeah, that's asking ALOT in this fight without using the rock.
Prisoner8490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:49 AM   #15
De_Regelaar

hahaha, yes it is, but i will try both ways. Thx for the advise guys
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #16
De_Regelaar

Dam, first try failed with my face facing the fence behind the rock.
Next attempt, making sure all the worms are death

ps3
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #17
yukichigai
...because I was bored

Send a message via ICQ to yukichigai Send a message via AIM to yukichigai Send a message via MSN to yukichigai Send a message via Yahoo to yukichigai Send a message via Skype™ to yukichigai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaredJake View Post
This is being fixed in an upcoming console patch. They fixed it for the PC in the last one and they generally get patches before console.

EDIT: It seems to only crash for the host so if you just want to be able to turn the mission in get someone else to host. They won't get completed status but you will. This happened to me. My game froze but everyone in my game could turn in but me (host). Just find someone to host for you in exchange for hosting for them another day.
They fixed the crash, yeah, but it's been replaced with something only mildly less annoying: when you kill him there's a good chance the arena won't open. I managed to kill him the one time and get the challenge credit. I've gone after him another... jeez, 6 times or so and he dies without crediting me for the kill EVERY TIME. Yeah, I can get his loot, but it's crap loot.

Gee is just kind of messed up in general. Unstable coding, horribly tedious fight... just do him once for the challenge and then leave him alone.
yukichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #18
BL-Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukichigai View Post
They fixed the crash, yeah, but it's been replaced with something only mildly less annoying: when you kill him there's a good chance the arena won't open. I managed to kill him the one time and get the challenge credit. I've gone after him another... jeez, 6 times or so and he dies without crediting me for the kill EVERY TIME. Yeah, I can get his loot, but it's crap loot.

Gee is just kind of messed up in general. Unstable coding, horribly tedious fight... just do him once for the challenge and then leave him alone.
Agree.
Most. Stupid. Idea. for. a. boss.
EVER!
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #19
De_Regelaar

i second that, 3 times beaten and no credit, it always gets stuck. And i never wonna play it again. Gotdamm stupid boss idea.
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #20
Rakktually
banned

Does Gee drop Seraph crystals? I've killed him 6 times with no crystals. It's an interesting idea but last on the list when it comes to favorite raid bosses
Rakktually is offline   Reply With Quote