The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:07 AM   #1
fingle

Default Best build for TVHM?

I just beat the warrior...I'm level 36. What kind of build should I respec to? Seems like all the popular ones require all the points of a level 50 plus some pretty legit gear.

Thanks!!

I've stayed outta lbt so far. Should I get into it?

As for playing style...I use a lot of pistols and love racking up mad anarchy, then slowly bringing it down in discord. The more damage the better.
fingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:50 AM   #2
SpartanX91

Default Re: Best build for TVHM?

Building a lot of anarchy is very tempting to many players. So you are 36? I suggest specing into BFF for more DT enhancing and improving your survivability throughout TVHM.

Get a decent shield and let DT have it through Sharing and Caring. Annoyed Android is excellent against a lot of enemies. Upshot Robot does help too.

To sum up, let DT tanks and you support him behind covers. After reaching level cap, test your own build
SpartanX91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM   #3
Felurian
First Access Club Member

If you can, get an Impaler shield from The Warrior and the Sharing is Caring skill from the Best Friends Forever tree. Not only will it turn Deathtrap into a tank, but it'll also inflict respectible corrosive damage to anyone that attacks you or Deathtrap regardless of how they attack you. Made of Sterner Stuff, Potent as a Pony, Upshot Robot and Myelin will also help to improve Deathtrap's staying power, health, shield and damage.
Felurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Twintail Loli

Plasma Anarchist v2: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=173112
The Shocking B!tch: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=192482
Old December 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM   #5
Garrison6

Make sure you save most of the side quests that give useful items until you finish the warrior again so that you can get level 50 versions. One of the most useful is the mission that gives you the Firehawk shield. That is one of the best shields you can use on DT. It will obliterate whole groups of enemies that are attacking DT. If you can get a lower level Impaler it would be nice for now. It is also a very good shield to use on DT.

I'm currently using this build by Pelikins - Pelikins Build Having Discord available pretty much all the time can be a huge life saver in Part 2 where the enemies will eat through your shields and into your health almost instantly at times. The build doesn't really shine until later levels but I would highly recommend it if you like to depend on DT a lot.

I would focus on the DT bit first and then the Anarchy stuff as it became available. Having DT there to distract enemies as long as possible is a huge help early on when your points are limited.
Garrison6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Tangerine_Speedos

I felt it was too difficult to gain and keep stacks of Anarchy in PT2 because you die so much more frequently. You could just go to the firing range in Sanctuary and build stacks on the dummy but I never had the patience for that.

If you have the right gear, a little big trouble build is awesome to run during the story. Interspersed outburst is a huge help in PT2 to take down badasses and the like. I personally picked up some BFF skills for survivability after getting make it sparkle. A zapper mod, shock damage relic, a couple of electric guns and you're good to go!
Tangerine_Speedos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM   #7
Adventage
Local Basshead

In the first playthrough I loaded up with LBT and OC skills to really pump out damage. In PT2-2.5 I find myself using BFF and OC skills with some LBT mixed in.

"This is my Conference Call. There are many like it, but this one is mine."
Adventage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 04:49 PM   #8
fingle

Thanks for the help guys! I'm now level 39. How's this build look?

http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromance...00410050100000

I'm going to put the next few levels in 20% cooler in order to get sharing is caring.

edit: i have 1 point in MP because i have +3 from jill of all trades.

Last edited by fingle; December 1st, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
fingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Smash83

Put 5 points into "Close Enough" and you may want invest some points into Rational Anarchist as it is better than free lunch and synergy with Discord which i personally dislike, imo it is not worth loosing stacks. Typecast Iconoclast can be helpful in speed up stacks too.

Aiming? Wotz Dat?
Smash83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #10
Maya
Target Practice

I guess this isn't -as bad- of a bump.