The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old December 3rd, 2012, 12:52 AM   #11
yukichigai
...because I was bored

Send a message via ICQ to yukichigai Send a message via AIM to yukichigai Send a message via MSN to yukichigai Send a message via Yahoo to yukichigai Send a message via Skype™ to yukichigai
Default Re: Torgue Slot Machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aazhyd View Post
If you know anything about statistics, it's that you should keep away from the Torgue slots. They just eat your tokens.
If you're by yourself, yeah.

If you have three other people playing, so long as you gamble in shifts you'll usually wind up ahead in token count, since any tokens you pick up ALSO get added to the other players' inventories.

Basically, playing with four people quadruples all Torgue Token rewards. Makes it more likely than not to break even.
yukichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:02 AM   #12
Waystedyou

The grenades are bonus packages as far as i can tell, at least you have some room to run in this area instead of moxxis bar in sanctuary.

Id only suggest doing it with 3-4 people or youll just be losing tokens.
Waystedyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:47 AM   #13
Aazhyd
Badass Vault Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukichigai View Post
Basically, playing with four people quadruples all Torgue Token rewards. Makes it more likely than not to break even.
Good call, hadn't thought of that.
Aazhyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:00 AM   #14
JackSaints
Insatiable Person

Or you can go on Splitscreen with a random guest character, player one gets some tokens by completing a Bar Brawl or something like that, then use the tokens P2 has earned on the slots to give P1 some extras
Old December 3rd, 2012, 07:16 AM   #15
Zjapper

OP: Your right about everything.
The bandit heads = mirv grenades and that some rewards has been replaced with tokens. And since i'm not using my tokens in the torgue vendors anyway, (already have all the torgue guns i want at lvl 50). I decided to use them at these torgue slot machines instead.

As the OP said, some things from the "normal" slot machines has been replaced with tokens, so i counted the tokens rewarded.

Money = 3 tokens
White guns = 5 tokens
Skins = 5 tokens
1x3 Eriduim = 10 tokens
2x3 Eridium = 25 tokens
3x3 Eridium = 60 tokens

Legs still reward blues with a slightly chance for purple.
Margus still reward purple with a slitghly chance for E-Tech
Vault signs still reward orange (legendary) guns.

These machines are really throwing tokens at you, but ofcourse as all other slot machines, your tokens are only going one way. And that is down.

Took some screens of the resault.

Alot of tokens right there.

Wait a minute, is that!!!

Yep, a legendary.

2 times the legs gave me purple instead of the useal blue.

And then margus gave me an E-Tech.

And holy balls, my first non-elementel E-Tech.

i spend 2 hours and 40 min at the torgue slot machines before i was out of tokens. Maybe i was just lucky, but i'm almost tempted to say that these machines have a slightly higher chance for rare stuff than the "normal" slot machines.

GameSpy ID: Zjapper
Zjapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:18 AM   #16
79gravity

my brain says this; same chance as the other slots

my "guts" says this; after i got 250 tokens and decided to test them i had difficulties getting rid of them on those slots, cause you get so many back.. i decided to see if i could get a legendary, i ended up with one incredibly fast, also a purple and some blues, with about 700 tokens invested in total.. so its way better than the other cause i spent millions on them and never got a jackpot.. so theire diffrent..

so what to listen to gut or brain? xD sometimes i go with my gut, and i think i will this time.. common sense should tell you theres a better chance of keep doing it since it instead of white guns gives you tokens to retry, wheter or not legendary drops are higer.. dont really know.. these are the only slots that ever gave me a jackpot, but random can be a sneaky devil
79gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM   #17
sironin

I'm a big fan of the Torgue slot machines simply because they give you something else to do with tokens beyond using the Torgue Vendor. I wish eridium had more outlets than raid bosses and one-time upgrades.
sironin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM   #18
GherkinSavorus

As someone else mentioned, the torgue tokens work like eridium and cash, I. E. They are pickups, so what one gets they all get. My sense after two nights of trying this with friends is that solo gambling is a definite loser, duo you -may- get lucky and break even, but with 3 or 4 players alternating slots, it's all profit. I didn't keep close track of time, but after about 2 hours with 3 players (with an occasional 4th), I -netted- about 850 tokens.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Oh, and I thought the return for single/double/triple eridium was 8/24/64, at least by my count.
GherkinSavorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2012, 03:49 PM   #19
Zjapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GherkinSavorus View Post
Oh, and I thought the return for single/double/triple eridium was 8/24/64, at least by my count.
Are you on PC? I've heard others as well saying that they were rewarded with a different amount of tokens than the ones i counted.

GameSpy ID: Zjapper
Zjapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #20
Blackstar halo
RD is best ponee

I just found out about these I love doing these with 4 people, Many legendaries are earned!
Blackstar halo is offline   Reply With Quote