The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old December 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #31
Patriot's Anarchist
the Binary Anarchist unit

Default Re: What type of new classes would you like to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokapoka View Post
Haha, no. Me, unless you're offering???

But I'm pretty OCD, too. Rough draft would be done by tomorrow evening, then it'd go through my review process, some more editing, put it through some filters, have it proofread...

I'd say by December 17th, I'll have it looking presentable
Nah, you can make the skill tree. I might try thinking of some skills that would fit but then it'd get done like next summer pretty much lol

Mikey the Devastructor W.I.P. Class Concept Sig courtesy of That_Guy42
Patriot's Anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #32
pokapoka
どっちもどっちやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Anarchist View Post
Nah, you can make the skill tree. I might try thinking of some skills that would fit but then it'd get done like next summer pretty much lol
I've got some time, so I might start playing around with this tomorrow.
Along with Thief class skills, and Jester class skills!

In the mean time, lemme know if you come up with any interesting skills for our Grenadier
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #33
ILL WILL
!LLest MotherF✡✡ker Alive

Location: An Unknown location making Raid Bosses scream "PLZ,NO MORE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaufordPicklefeather View Post
I'd like to see something that has to do with the undead. A ghost/ghoul/zombie class or something.
a dead vault hunter? hmmm while it would be cool to see what GBX could do with it, I don't think a zombie would want to raid anything that doesn't have anything to so with "brains", and I just can't see a Vault of Bandit brains working out lol

GIVE ME YOUR DAMN LOOT!!!

ILL WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #34
pokapoka
どっちもどっちやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL WILL View Post
a dead vault hunter? hmmm while it would be cool to see what GBX could do with it, I don't think a zombie would want to raid anything that doesn't have anything to so with "brains", and I just can't see a Vault of Bandit brains working out lol
Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the whole dead person thing, too. Ghost class has an interesting ring to it, but I don't know how that'd work in this game.
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #35
Patriot's Anarchist
the Binary Anarchist unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokapoka View Post
Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the whole dead person thing, too. Ghost class has an interesting ring to it, but I don't know how that'd work in this game.
I agree, a "Ghost" class does sound interesting but it wouldn't fit that well in the Borderlands Universe. Maybe Skyrim but not here.

Side note: still no skills thought up for the grenade focused class yet but it still intrigues me.

Mikey the Devastructor W.I.P. Class Concept Sig courtesy of That_Guy42
Patriot's Anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #36
Dzus
Axton Rolandson

Handsome Jack.
His Action Skill can be a The Warrior rising out of the ground and doing damage.
What I want is an OP character that everybody can just go crazy with. Something people can just have a ton of fun with
Or:
-Zombie Roland with altered abilities
-Steve
-WereSkag
-........stop with the customization colors and give me alternate costumes Lazy Gearbox.

Last edited by Dzus; December 4th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Dzus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #37
ebil_lightbulb
The one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit7319 View Post
lol oh man.. there was a game.. it escapes me now.. but there was actually an item you could get that would make enemies start to dance lol. Awesome. That would be a funnyass tree.
Destroy All Humans?
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #38
pokapoka
どっちもどっちやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Anarchist View Post
I agree, a "Ghost" class does sound interesting but it wouldn't fit that well in the Borderlands Universe. Maybe Skyrim but not here.

Side note: still no skills thought up for the grenade focused class yet but it still intrigues me.
Me neither.
Still haven't come up with my Jester or Thief skills either, aside from their ult

Haha, yeah. Maybe Skyrim. Definitely not BL. Even LoL would be pushing it.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzus View Post
Handsome Jack.
His Action Skill can be a The Warrior rising out of the ground and doing damage.
What I want is an OP character that everybody can just go crazy with. Something people can just have a ton of fun with
Or:
-Zombie Roland with altered abilities
-Steve
-WereSkag
-........stop with the customization colors and give me alternate costumes Lazy Gearbox.
WereSkag?
...WereSkag

Definitely not human, still fits in a vehicle. My god...
What's his ult???

Oh.. wait, nevermind. Lycanthrope class, so duh.. his action skill would be (of course) "Morph" or something, right?

Last edited by pokapoka; December 4th, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
pokapoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #39
sheepskin

Although I love the idea of an archaeologist-esque build, they lost me on it being another pet-class. We already have two pet-classes: Gaige and Axton. These types also promote a passive play-style. Two of these types is enough. I'd rather see the archaeologist require a very analytical/unique approach to game play. For instance, the three trees might be:

- Combat oriented: Pistols and melee, slightly underpowered to balance class ability.
- Thief oriented: Pickpocketing, stealth, increased money drop rates, increased loot drop rates through kill skills (so as not to be OP), general increase in indirect DPS mechanics: reload speed, weapon swap speed, aim speed, etc to fill out the tree.
- Support: DPS/Defense augmentations on entire team, shield bonuses to fill out out the tree.

To further make this class as unique as possible, I think it would be a good idea to make the melee attack have a little bit of range. The class could utilize a whip to explain this. Examples of melee abilities centered around the whip would include:

- A skill to hit multiple targets
- A skill to apply bleed damage
- A skill which allows you to utilize it as a grappling hook

To finally top off the class, I think having the archaeologist's class ability centered around artifacts (relics) would be a grand idea. Archaeologist relics would be class specific. Furthermore, they would not offer the normal bonuses. Instead altering the archaeologist's class ability, bestowing:

- The ability to jumper higher
- Run faster
- Invis
- Invulnerability
- Charm
- Cause enemy firearms to jam (halt firing for a set amount of time)
- Etc

This fits, as general "adventuring archaeologist" characters have the tendency to break the rules of reality. Of course, these abilities would be considerably "softened" to compensate for the archaeologist's versatility. Different relics may also extend or shorten the cool down depending upon which ability is bestowed. Some relics within the same type-class will be better than others; longer invulnerability, faster run speed, multiple mobs charmed, etc. Obviously, more powerful or game-breaking abilities will require longer cool down times. Also, seeing as how the archaeologist has an entire tree oriented around stealth and pickpocketing, an entry level invis relic would come default to use at lv5.

I think this could be a really cool idea, further adding to the "loot hunt" in BL2. In effect, spurring the archaeologist's perpetual search for "sacred artifacts."

Thoughts? Ideas?

Last edited by sheepskin; December 4th, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
sheepskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #40
Karnedge
Sex-Knight of Pandora

If your favorite games were ff4, 5 and 6, as if dragoon was not something that would be the most baddass thing in the world

Imagine a leap up and then home in to do a AOE wave from above

But still, Captain Planet would be a baddass vault hunter. Spawning treebeards and stuff (too many crossovers?) to save the planet and also kick some ass

I can just picture him sitting on the couch in earth with his blue babes reading the news paper on jack drilling into pandora, so he spits out his coffee and flies out to destroy jack once and for all

Of course don cheadle will be captain planet
Karnedge is offline   Reply With Quote