The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old December 17th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

Default MASTER WORM FOOD challenge not unlocking/completing

so i jus spent ages killing master gee for the first time. upon completion i noticed the challenge never popped up, so i checked an it has not even registered that ive killed him. it makes no sense wot so ever. i really dont want to have to fight him over again and again until it unlocks. it wouldnt be so bad if he dropped anything but all he droped was 3 white guns an 1 green gun an a few crystals, really gearbox thats my reward, no badass rank challenge, no loot and basically told i have to do it again if i want my game to register it, which chances are it still wont register from wot i can tell.

i thought u guys were fixing gee???

is there any way i can actually get the challenge to unlock without taking another hour to fight him? basically will u ever patch this cos i dont want to fight him ever again. ever. im not doing that again, not for some measly white trash anyway. unless u guys fix his drops so its actually worthwhile. it makes the fight not even remotely fun to know theres is zero loot involved.

how the hell did anyone think that fight is even worth it. are the devs jus laughing at us, like "yea it took you all that time an he dropped nothing for you. haha u ******* suckers screw u, suck on that bitches."
wtf is their problem with not wanting players to feel rewarded after a long hard(ish) fight. most other raid bosses loot is bad but gees omfg did nobody even asign him a loot pool or wot ive had better drops from scag crap.

i would actually like some kind of response as to why hes not been fixed yet and if he ever will be, also why anyone would think that the loot he drops is even remotely acceptable. if anything this is bugging me more as its making me not even want to fight him again an not bother with the damn challenge. this gearbox are why people complain about poor drop rates, gee is a prime example. 4 player difficulty, 4 player loot setting( i was solo tho) an i got 3 white guns and 1 green for an hour long fight. please explain to me gearbox how that is rewarding me in any way for my efforts.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:

Last edited by Champion puffa; December 17th, 2012 at 09:19 PM.
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #2
mizzelphug

Default Re: MASTER WORM FOOD challenge not unlocking/completing

I'm still having the same issue. I joined a friend's game and we killed him. He dropped nothing, I didn't get the challenge and we were stuck in the room.

I tried 2 more times with some other friends. Both times he and the worms would just vanish once his life bar got down around the "5" in "52 Master Gee..." and we would get stuck in the room again.

Not sure what the problem is with this boss.
mizzelphug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #3
TigerGM

The challenge "Master Worm Food" won't unlock for killing Master Gee. I was able to turn in the quest on both playthroughs though. I've read that this happens if the acid DOT kills him and that weapon damage kills will count and the challenge will unlock.

Edit: I tried fighting him again on normal with a level 50 character. I wasn't able to get the challenge to unlock, even plugging away with an smg when he was close to death. I was also trapped in the room and had to save and quit to get out.

Last edited by TigerGM; February 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Add
TigerGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 07:14 PM   #4
TigerGM

Default Re: MASTER WORM FOOD challenge not unlocking/completingq

I tried again on normal, level 50. This time I spammed a sandhawk with a bee shield on when he was close to death. The challenge unlocked and the metal door opened when he died. I'm assuming that this is meant to happen regardless of how he dies. (acid or weapon)

Last edited by TigerGM; February 23rd, 2013 at 07:17 PM.
TigerGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #5
sammy28

If I allow the acid to kill him, the challenge will not be registered, and metal door doesn't open. But at the very end if he dies from shooting him with a weapon, and not just the acid, the challenge unlocks and registers, and the door opens. Is this a glitch or the way it should be?
sammy28 is offline   Reply With Quote