The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old December 19th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #1
felixthecoach

Default Best Zero Melee Build

I'm sure the title has been used before.

Anyway,

My wife just started this build. We were pleased to see that with my harmony Maya and a slagga, she's killing every single mob in a room while I wear a sham to tank and heal when necessary. It works great, except for mobs with a few million health.

For super badasses, and SB Constructors and Loaders, she can do a perfect slagged execute with a Rapier and a proced roid shield, but only do about half health damage to them. (or less)

She built up through Many must fall, counterstrike, but still cant quite part with her critical, so she's got Bore as well. But even if she went up into the middle tree, I cant imagine her doing more than a couple million dmg to those mobs at full health. How in the world am I seeing screenshots of 100M dmg in one slice? What is everyone doing?

Oh yeah, does the critical hit damage skill in the left tree help melee criticals?
Borderlands 2 Maya - OP8 Gaige - OP8 Salvador - 61 Borderlands (Original) 7 lvl 69 Soldiers, 3 lvl 69 Hunters, 3 lvl 69 Sirens, 2 lvl 69 Bricks. My wife has 12 lvl 69 Hunters! Xbox Live Id: FelixTheCoach

Maya Skill Deficiency Summary here.

Last edited by felixthecoach; December 19th, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
felixthecoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #2
san_holo4twooh

Default Re: Best Zero Melee Build

Yes, crit damage up helps all crits. However, the big numbers from Zer0 come from Ambush and Backstab (and of course Killing Blow) which means you need to be hitting them in the back, which typically isn't a crit spot.

So if you ask me, bail on headshot and pump those points into anything that says melee damage up.
san_holo4twooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #3
dorkk0

Default Re: Best Zero Melee Build

If you attack from the back you can get the crit on loaders and suber Badass loader... the only problem is the constructor which the crit spot it's in his eye on the front

Loaders crit spot is in their shoulders if you use B0re you can see it clearly so just aim for that spot from the back and you will be good
dorkk0 is offline   Reply With Quote