The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #1
jc0187

Question How to use shift codes?? Help.

Hello, so im fairly new at using the shift codes. They have been there , but I have never used the codes until yesterday. So I was wondering. I play co-op with my girlfriend and since I have used the latest shift codes, can I log in under her profile on the PS3 and use those codes as well? Or is it a one time use of codes per game/console? Also, if I cannot claim them again, will those golden keys go to all profiles under the ps3? I hope this is not too confusing. And thanks for any help.
jc0187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #2
7thsamurai
Assassins never die!

Default Re: How to use shift codes?? Help.

They are linked to your username so if your girlfriend has a different psn id then you can use them again.
Old December 19th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #3
Aazhyd
Badass Vault Hunter

You can use the keys under any character.
Aazhyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #4
FrozenStarRo
Pandora Dweller

Sign up to https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/ , connect your account on whatever platform you have (mine was PC/Steam), start game and go to "Extras" where the Shift Codes should be entered. Good luck!
FrozenStarRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #5
jc0187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aazhyd View Post
You can use the keys under any character.
is this true? So my girlfriends characters (under her own profile) will have the golden keys as well? If so, that is awesome.
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #6
Aazhyd
Badass Vault Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc0187 View Post
is this true? So my girlfriends characters (under her own profile) will have the golden keys as well? If so, that is awesome.
I said: "under any character", not "under any account". But you can use the code both on your and on your girlfriend's account. Then all characters within the account you used it on, will have the keys.

Please note that to use Shift, you must connect to Shift FROM WITHIN THE GAME. If you connect your game through the Shift website, it will not activate the Shift keys.

So easy steps:
1. Make account on Shift.
2. Start game.
3. Connect to Shift account through the game menu.
4. Enter Shift code.
5. Get keys.

I don't think you can use the same Shift account for you and your girlfriend, you need both have a Shift account and need both to connect.
Aazhyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #7
CrossedHorse3

I've found sometimes that if I redeem a shift code on my account (gives me the keys just fine) but then try and use the same code on my boyfriend's account (totally different account), it comes up as invalid ... anyone know why that happens?
CrossedHorse3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #8
jc0187

Thanks Aazhyd for clarifying this. I understand now. I appreciate the feedback.
Old December 19th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #9
X-JaVeN-X

Yea...you can redeem these on multiple accounts. I only play splitscreen with my wife, and anytime we get a new shift code...I log in to my account on the ps3 and then boot up the game and put in code...then quit the game back to xmb, then switch to her account and start the game back up and then put the code in again for her.

Someone earlier mentioned getting an invalid message...the only time I've gotten this is when I typed the code in wrong (usually a 5 for an S in my case). Other than that...if it says the code has already been redeemed, then it means the code has either expired or all of the codes entries have been used up (depending on how gearbox does that particular code...some are timed and some are a set amount of uses). I've had it happen on the quantity style code where I get mine in, but by the time I can switch to my wife's account and get back in, they are already used up. For this reason, I have been instructed by my wife to always put hers in first...
Old December 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #10
CrossedHorse3

Yeah, I got the same instruction from my boyf! It's weird though as it's only ever been on codes that are well within their use by time frames - like GB specifically say "these codes will be valid for the whole weekend" and it's mid-afternoon on a Saturday. But if it is just bad luck with the timing on our part, we get it am awful lot!
CrossedHorse3 is offline   Reply With Quote