The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old December 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #1
bigdug13

Default Is the Pyro Pete Bar Tier 3 bar fight supposed to be level 50 in PT1?

Everything in the DLC's is level 30ish in PT1 until I chose to engage tier 3 of the bar brawl in Pete's Bar. All the enemies were level 49-51 with skulls over their head. That seems silly to have that happen in PT1.

Surely this is a bug, right? The quest level is also level 50 as if it's being engaged as TVHM in PT1.

Last edited by bigdug13; December 28th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
bigdug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #2
mrjish

Default Re: Is the Pyro Pete Bar Tier 3 bar fight supposed to be level 50 in PT1?

I believe all the tier 3 (bar fight, race, and buzzard fight) all scale up to level 50 in PT1.

I enjoy it for fun even though I die constantly with my low level characters.
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #3
Sparn
That's RN.

Default Re: Is the Pyro Pete Bar Tier 3 bar fight supposed to be level 50 in PT1?

That is probably in place so you can't super easily grind out torgue tokens on playthrough 1 to buy high level gear in TVHM.

Of course, it's not really hard to decimate bar brawl in playthrough 2 either, so maybe that was unnecessary.
Sparn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Tredain
Black & White

I'm honestly wondering if it isn't a bug or something.

For my Maya and now my Gaige the T3 for the bar brawl and Flyboy's challenge scale up to my level, 39 and 37 now respectively.
Tredain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #5
MonkeyLungs
Lungs of Powah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredain View Post

For my Maya and now my Gaige the T3 for the bar brawl and Flyboy's challenge scale up to my level, 39 and 37 now respectively.
Every single Tier 3 + the rematches for each is at level 50 for my low level characters ... even the driving one.
MonkeyLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Tredain
Black & White

Were you able to complete them once before they jumped to 50 or were they just 50 as soon as you completed the T2?

Also what platform are you on? I'm on PS3.
Tredain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #7
ensiform
First Access Club Member

Not a bug. Prevents people from getting easy crap loads of TTs in PT1 as level 50. They're still much easier than PT2.5 though. (Not Super Badass, or TVHM named enemies) just level 50 regular mode enemies.
ensiform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Karstedt

They jumped to 50 as soon as I hit tier 3. No scaling for me.
Karstedt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #9
xX3rdHorsemanXx

They probably did it this way so people can't exploit an easy xp grind. I believe the quest gives you around 9000xp not including the enemy xp.
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #10
yukichigai
...because I was bored

Send a message via ICQ to yukichigai Send a message via AIM to yukichigai Send a message via MSN to yukichigai Send a message via Yahoo to yukichigai Send a message via Skype™ to yukichigai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredain View Post

It's debatable which of them is a bug: leveling with the player or being locked at level 50. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, the level 50 fight allowed me to powerlevel my Axton from 46 to 50 in a handful of fights. Sure I died a lot going in as a 46, but once I dinged once I stopped dying.

Medical Mystery: What if we made a new weapon type, then used two of the worst possible examples to introduce it?
yukichigai is offline   Reply With Quote