The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old December 28th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #11
ensiform
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Is the Pyro Pete Bar Tier 3 bar fight supposed to be level 50 in PT1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX3rdHorsemanXx View Post
They probably did it this way so people can't exploit an easy xp grind. I believe the quest gives you around 9000xp not including the enemy xp.
There are far more in the bar when not doing the quest. And you simply have to exit the transition and come back for them to respawn.
ensiform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #12
Tredain
Black & White

Default Re: Is the Pyro Pete Bar Tier 3 bar fight supposed to be level 50 in PT1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensiform View Post
There are far more in the bar when not doing the quest. And you simply have to exit the transition and come back for them to respawn.
Yeah but when you're not doing the quest they cap at whatever the DLC's general level is, so PT1 its level 30.
Tredain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #13
ilJumperMT

My Bar Room Blitz is stuck at level 15 on Gaige and 22 on Maya.

I can farm Torgue tokens easy.

PS. I never finished the game or any DLC yet
ilJumperMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #14
Arsonist
PHD in The Dark Arts

Level 3 was level 50 for me in normal as well.

How I feel when I cast Phaselock Maya (72) |Deathtrap Gaige (50) |Turret Axton (50)/(50) |Decepti0n Zero (14) |Gunzerk Salvador (30)
Arsonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #15
jd641
Pruppets

Send a message via ICQ to jd641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredain View Post
Yeah but when you're not doing the quest they cap at whatever the DLC's general level is, so PT1 its level 30.
Not true in my game. I've had level 50's mixed in with level level 30 guys when I'm just walking around the bar not fighting in pt1. :/
jd641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #16
Tredain
Black & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd641 View Post
Not true in my game. I've had level 50's mixed in with level level 30 guys when I'm just walking around the bar not fighting in pt1. :/
Did you run the mission at all? Or do you just come in off the street and there are 50s mixed in?

It really seems like it shouldn't be jumping to 50 on just PT1. Like the Circle of Slaughters both (all? I dunno about creature dome) scale up on the last mission, Hyperion circle of slaughter can go as high as 34 in PT1.

I mean, I -could- see it if it scaled up to your level the first time you complete it then jumping to 50 all the times thereafter? But just 50 out the door seems ridiculous. And if they really are doing it just to prevent farming then they need to raise TVHM prices considerably (while upping TVHM rewards at the same time). I mean hell PT1 is already stuck with nothing above lvl 28 legendaries

Last edited by Tredain; December 29th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old December 29th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #17
joerevs300

I heard where they were going to prevent Pyro Pete from dropping Seraph Crystals when you killed him on PT1. Has that been fixed by the patch, and does he only scale to 50?

(I can report that previous to the patch when I beat Pete in TVHM, only level 50 enemies appeared. Since the patch, and after 2 cycles of the spiderants/rats dropping, the new ones spawned between level 54 and 60. This hardly seems to be an "accident", it is kinda mean to do this prior to any level cap increase, especially trying to do this solo, post-patch.)
joerevs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #18
jd641
Pruppets

Send a message via ICQ to jd641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredain View Post
Did you run the mission at all? Or do you just come in off the street and there are 50s mixed in?
Just going to the bar off the street in pt1. It really surprised me to see a level 49 Engineer right next to a level 30 Rat

jd641 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #19
Sean Jizzie

I would say no... nothing in PT1 should scale up to level 50 it defeats the whole point of PT2. Imagine my surprise after killing the warrior in PT1 to get to Terry and he was level 52!!! I didn't stand a chance... lol! but yeah it's definitely not right. I don't know why though but i'll just say it's GBX wanting to challenge us more.
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #20
Tredain
Black & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Jizzie View Post
I would say no... nothing in PT1 should scale up to level 50 it defeats the whole point of PT2. Imagine my surprise after killing the warrior in PT1 to get to Terry and he was level 52!!! I didn't stand a chance... lol! but yeah it's definitely not right. I don't know why though but i'll just say it's GBX wanting to challenge us more.
On Terra I kind of understand. He's a throwback to Crawmerax and was designed from the get go to be taken on as an 'end game' challenge at max level. Though why they decided to change the DLC bosses to scale to PT1 and not Terra I don't know.

Last edited by Tredain; December 29th, 2012 at 06:28 PM.