The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #11
Laen
Torgued

Default Re: Legendary weapons

In BL1 legendaries were everywhere so much so that GBX just had to add a new, much rarer color. Now you guys have these pearlescent (in droprates terms) items painted in orange, and that's it really. Drop rates are OK.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatf1exo View Post
What are the different color types for each weapon?
Orange = Legendary
Blue = Unique
Green = ?
Purple = ?
? grey = standard?

Assuming Legendary and Unique are the best typically?
"Uniques" are those with red text on them, regardless of quality color.
Laen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #12
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

Smile Re: Legendary weapons

I never bother with the legendaries because im powerful enough , with the time I would spend farming another one its just useless.

BridgetFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #13
bigdug13

Legendary shields, mods, grenades, etc seem to have more value than the weapons.
bigdug13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #14
valleyyeti
Resident Yeti

nothing is legendary in this game. oranges should be titled "rare". when almost everyone has one of a specific item (ex. bee, cc), it's not the stuff of legend. they should lower drop rates so we really have rare weapons.
valleyyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #15
Laen
Torgued

Cobra
Laen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Emmanuel_009
Minion!

I got all the legendaries and I'm happy with that but that doesn't mean that now I'm bored, you can enjoy the game with any weapon and the unique items are very cool, even a lot of purples and blue mods. Just enyoy this great game
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #17
Twinkysexisorange
Czászár

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitehighland View Post
It goes white, green, blue, purple, orange.
When Grandma burps Patrick obeys. Anyway On my main(solo Axton) I only use Torgue weapons and the only orange I have on him is the bonus package. No uniques even. Just really good blues and purples. Now if I find a nukem I will definitely use that.

"You look like candy!"
-random Sanctuary citizen
Twinkysexisorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #18
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

you should keep that maggie dude. it will help you out a crap ton if you make another character. an gearbox will likely release another new character in the future aswell

ive got 2 low level maggies one lvl17 an another lvl18 i think. i keep them both ones a x6 another is x10 projectiles.

they keep me going well through ten levels an they usually last me up until im level 25-28 often up to heros pass. if theres a gun worth keeping to pass down to another character its the Maggie imo, as its a great all round weapon.

defo keep it man. use the infinite bank glitch if you dont have space.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyyeti View Post
nothing is legendary in this game. oranges should be titled "rare". when almost everyone has one of a specific item (ex. bee, cc), it's not the stuff of legend. they should lower drop rates so we really have rare weapons.
drop rates do not need lowering. if anything they need raising especially for solo play.

the reason everyone has every legendary items/gear online in public games is because everyone trades an dupes them, most players who play in co-op online you will meet did not find all of their gear themselves. most players had it handed to them.

i play only solo, legit an dont dupe or trade, i do not have anywhere near every legendary, i have about 10-15 if that different legendary items. i have not found one in weeks of normal play actually. so to the average normal player who does not trade an dupe legendaries are still legendary an very very rare.

lower drop rates would not make weapons in the online community any rarer. it would just mean people dupe/trade even more than they already do thus making the situation exactly the same or possibly even worse.
you could say the current drop rates being as low as they are, are the cause of the abundance of legendary gear amongst the online community, or at least contribute to it. players dont want to spend hundreds of hours looking for one item so they dupe or trade them more.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #19
Emmanuel_009
Minion!

Trade isn't bad and if you kill pete almost 400 times you can get a lot really a lot of legendary and purple items.
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #20
EatShit182
Misanthrope

They aren't always my main guns, but I love collecting them. My goal is to eventually have a lvl 50 version of each.
EatShit182 is offline   Reply With Quote