The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Aliens: Colonial Marines > A:CM General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #1
kyle1989
Member
 
kyle1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 222
Default Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

guys. after doing a little research, i'v come to a conclusion. And what i hope to achieve in sharing it, is to encourage others to not take the easy route and blame, and blow anger and hatred toward Randy or Gearbox.

Something unfortunate happened to this Game.

and i think Gearbox and Randy's intentions and Demo's, presentations and video's were once genuine and real. i'm not saying that Gearbox has done nothing wrong, or you shouldn't be angry with Gearbox. Most of us are angry. and while some here are happy, im glad for them really. i wish i was happy as well. i joined here more than 4 years ago in anticipation and excitement for this game. and many of us have. many like myself, have wanted a game like what was previewed, for many years. so a lot of us are angry. its even worse if there isn't something or someone to blame when feeling it.

it's easy to hold gearbox and Randy Pitchford solely responsible.

but the truth is, we don't know what happened to this game, yet.

all we know is we didn't get the game we want.

and strong smoke is billowing from some hidden fire that strongly suggests there's a much bigger picture involved here, its SEGA and other studio's together, with gearbox, responsible for this result.

if what i'v read is true, then i can only be angry at gearbox for not holding onto this project properly, for potentially neglecting it. and perhaps focusing on a game like Borderlands 2. but even then, i don't know the agreement on the licensed work between them and SEGA. for all i know SEGA pushes the green and yellow and red buttons on the production.

we have a right to be angry, and demand answers, and even refunds. but consider thinking about the whole story beneath it all.

should we really tarnish a man's reputation, or a companies reputation, if there was so much sincerity in this project? if thing's out of their control, plummeted it?

well, i choose to believe that Gearbox, and the guys over there, Randy/Brian/Mikey etc are just as unhappy about the final game as we are. and are as disappointed as the rest of us with what happened to this beautiful and very beloved project by fans around the world..

i hope i don't get flamed by anyone for writing this, i don't want to be a victim of hatred for sharing sincere concerns.
__________________

Last edited by kyle1989; February 13th, 2013 at 08:18 PM.
kyle1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Northrawn
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 503
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

All a valid point of view, but:

I do remember Randy's words about DNF*, though (and some other things I am not allowed to talk about due to NDAs), which means I am even more sceptical about GBX and Randy now.


*) Told that stuff was in the game that wasn't there, for example.
Northrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Carter J. Burke
Special Projects Director
 
Carter J. Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 38
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

Check your inbox.


Well, mr pitchford went on about the product he waS making and I bought it all,WE BOUGHT IT ALL.
__________________
please update your signature to comply with forum rules
Carter J. Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Asuka Kazama
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

I hold SEGA responsible for forcing a release of A:CM knowing it was a travesty of a game. Doing so ended up resulting in other game developers cashing in on Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising etc... are all going to benefit from it and cost SEGA/GBX game sales and DLC sales.
Asuka Kazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #5
ilgiallomondadori
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 39
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

That's very compassionate of you.

What I see, rather, is right up until release, a company hyping a game that is not fit for release in any way, and they've been deceiving us. They've known the state of the game for ages, it's not like this is a surprise to them. They knew it was crap, and threw it out the door, hoping to make some money off of Aliens fans. That's not okay. What would have been okay is cancelling it completely, and apologizing. As it stands, they deceived us, and I wasted my money on something terrible. They deserve to be held accountable.
ilgiallomondadori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #6
hellcat420
Member
 
hellcat420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 200
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

well since it was the decisions of gearbox that brought us this subpar game id say they are fully to blame. it wasnt segas decision to outsource large parts of the game to incompetent people, it was a gearbox decision.
hellcat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #7
Nightshifter
UKCMC
 
Nightshifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In Orbit LV426
Posts: 434
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgiallomondadori View Post
That's very compassionate of you.

What I see, rather, is right up until release, a company hyping a game that is not fit for release in any way, and they've been deceiving us. They've known the state of the game for ages, it's not like this is a surprise to them. They knew it was crap, and threw it out the door, hoping to make some money off of Aliens fans. That's not okay. What would have been okay is cancelling it completely, and apologizing. As it stands, they deceived us, and I wasted my money on something terrible. They deserve to be held accountable.
This exactly.
Nightshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #8
SpraykwoN
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 67
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka Kazama View Post
I hold SEGA responsible for forcing a release of A:CM knowing it was a travesty of a game. Doing so ended up resulting in other game developers cashing in on Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising etc... are all going to benefit from it and cost SEGA/GBX game sales and DLC sales.
They had a right to force it's release. 6 years in development? Come on man....
SpraykwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #9
delusionaltool
Member
 
delusionaltool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 71
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

I agree with the OP also... They wanted to make the best aliens game but with Borderlands development going on they didn't have the man power and they figured they could give another dev a chance and outsource it to Timegate/Nerv/Demiurge and once it was all said and done it was a mess which is what we have now...

This can all be fixed with a huge PATCH FIX and DLC to add levels to make the story make sense.. HD texture packs all that stuff...
delusionaltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #10
ilgiallomondadori
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 39
Default Re: Why we probably shouldn't rage on gearbox or Randy Pitchford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusionaltool View Post
I agree with the OP also... They wanted to make the best aliens game but with Borderlands development going on they didn't have the man power and they figured they could give another dev a chance and outsource it to Timegate/Nerv/Demiurge and once it was all said and done it was a mess which is what we have now...

This can all be fixed with a huge PATCH FIX and DLC to add levels to make the story make sense.. HD texture packs all that stuff...
The game will never be fixed, it will be forgotten. Accept that.
ilgiallomondadori is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.