The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #101
XENOnymous
Lurker

Default Re: Don't let Gearbox get away with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonerayman View Post
If you were making a product that was going to be, more than likely a popular one. And someone was giving out false information wouldnt you come out and correct them? Of course you would, you want your product to look good and the information about your product to be correct.
yeah i would totally undermine the pr department by stepping out of place and throwing my publisher under the bus. ... wait no i wouldnt. lets point our anger at the proper place. not GBX. GBX makes games. it does not have a say in the DLC packaging or pricing.
XENOnymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #102
cosmicdust73
Colonial Gamer

Default Re: A:CM "Bughunt" mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshifter View Post
If I want to play Bug Hunt/Horde mode (which everyone agrees should be in the game) then Sega have made it mandatory - I have zero choice but to buy DLC or the season pass if I want to play this mode.

I will be getting the season pass anyway, I shouldn't have to in order to play this mode though, that's all I am saying.
I think I'm just missing your point completely. It's not like it is written in stone somewhere that all FPS games must now come with a horde mode by default, or that for some reason SEGA owes you a horde mode. Of course everyone wants it to be included... but it's not. That still doesn't make it mandatory. It's optional. It's only mandatory for you because you decided that you want to play this mode. That is like saying it is mandatory for me to buy the navigation package in my car because my car didn't come with it standard (even though everyone thinks it should) and I like having built-in navigation because I get lost easily. (I did buy the nav package in my car by the way, but it was optional)

Sorry for being such a jackass... but I don't understand why everyone feels SEGA owes us something. SEGA owes us nothing. We pay them for exactly what they are selling... or we don't.

Hudson: Yeah the momma... she's bad ass man, I mean big!
Xbox 360: Locust Horde | PS3: cosmicdust73 | Steam: BloodyXeno | Wii U: Facehugger

Last edited by cosmicdust73; February 6th, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
cosmicdust73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #103
deeNice3000

Default Re: Spreading the word about Survival

Quote:
I guess the people who buy it from walmart will get it for free..but who knows how big the population for multiplayer will be. But its going to segregate the population badly. This should be a baseline mode, so that everyone can enjoy it. Maps are one thing..entire modes, especially this one..is another.
I'm thinking it will be part of the season pass, or sold separately on PSN and XBL. And yes, it will segregate the population badly. I remember buying the DLC for Crysis 2 which added a few new weapons and maps. The issue I had with the DLC was the maps was stand alone. You had to play only the DLC maps as if they were a new game mode! I couldn't find a game for the life of me. This Survival deal Saga got going reminds me of that.
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #104
theonerayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XENOnymous View Post
yeah i would totally undermine the pr department by stepping out of place and throwing my publisher under the bus. ... wait no i wouldnt. lets point our anger at the proper place. not GBX. GBX makes games. it does not have a say in the DLC packaging or pricing.
Do you honestly believe that all those videogame news sites were wrong? That each and everyone of them just got this wrong? Isn't it FAR more likely that Survival was the horde mode that everyone said it was and then they changed it, made it DLC? And since it was so close to launch they made the survival mode that ships with the game little more than a escape variant?
theonerayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #105
XENOnymous
Lurker

Quote:
Do you honestly believe that all those videogame news sites were wrong? That each and everyone of them just got this wrong? Isn't it FAR more likely that Survival was the horde mode that everyone said it was and then they changed it, made it DLC? And since it was so close to launch they made the survival mode that ships with the game little more than a escape variant?
no, because i dont make wild assumptions and spend time thinking up conspiracy theories.
*edit*
again, i do believe there is blame to be had. but not by GBX. SEGA, and the "Journalists". GBX involvement in the matter goes as far as making the game mode.

Last edited by XENOnymous; February 6th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #106
theonerayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeNice3000 View Post
I'm thinking it will be part of the season pass, or sold separately on PSN and XBL. And yes, it will segregate the population badly. I remember buying the DLC for Crysis 2 which added a few new weapons and maps. The issue I had with the DLC was the maps was stand alone. You had to play only the DLC maps as if they were a new game mode! I couldn't find a game for the life of me. This Survival deal Saga got going reminds me of that.
yep, I hadnt thought about Crysis 2 until I read this. I remember getting the DLC and having the same issues as you. Im afraid this is going to be just like that.
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #107
theonerayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XENOnymous View Post
no, because i dont make wild assumptions and spend time thinking up conspiracy theories.
If you go back and read some of the other posts on the Please add horde mode thread I never thought there was a conspiracy. But day 1 of Practical Reasoning our professor told us "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, odds are in your favor that its a duck"
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #108
XENOnymous
Lurker

Quote:
If you go back and read some of the other posts on the Please add horde mode thread I never thought there was a conspiracy. But day 1 of Practical Reasoning our professor told us "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, odds are in your favor that its a duck"
well if the duck publisher is holding back half the duck as dldc then i would be mad at the duck publisher, not the duck developer. the duck developer has his ducking hands tied. no need to kick the duck out of them too.
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #109
deeNice3000

Quote:
yep, I hadnt thought about Crysis 2 until I read this. I remember getting the DLC and having the same issues as you. Im afraid this is going to be just like that.
See you remember. I love my video games, but I'm not going to let them rip me off. Plus, I game with my GF so we pretty much buy games in 2's. Which gets costly if you could imagine that. But all and all, I still can't wait for this game!
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #110
Khorn
First Access Club Member

Default Walmart Exclusive Content?

Damnit, someone took my photo from facepunch. http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....1#post39499688

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=241415

Damn you bloodshot12! Damn my phone for dying after posting that photo. I went through hell uploading it.

Last edited by Khorn; February 6th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
Khorn is offline   Reply With Quote