The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #481
mt1535

Default Re: Will you get XP in bug hunt mode.

Skeloton,

I get that it is the gameplay. I wouldn't have played nazi zombies if I hated it BUT I also wouldn't have got the value for money out of it I did without the achievements.

Beyond that,

Myself + judging by this forum think bughunt should have been included in the game as looking at it purely from a co-op POV there is only the campaign and many other AAA games have much more than that for co-op players.

If it was extra maps for that mode thats one thing BUT not including seems a bit wrong IMHO.

However if it has achievements at least it makes it a bit more of a worthwhile purchase at least for me.

there are plenty of achievement/trophy hunters out there and paid DLC minus them often gets less support.
mt1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #482
Skeloton
Boney Badass

Default Re: A:CM "Bug Hunt" Mode [GBX Posts: #240 / #433]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostly-prey View Post
No marine bots* excuse me ChrisF saying that playing bughunt SP would be a real challenge and I was like "that means either no marine bots or just very bad bots".
I wouldn't of expected friendly AI myself. Mainly because ive not played a horde mode that does.
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #483
ghostly-prey
Preatorians!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeloton View Post
I wouldn't of expected friendly AI myself. Mainly because ive not played a horde mode that does.
Well I always hope there will be bots in every gamemode, as for when the community decreases or my internet goes down I can still play with bots.

add me on psn/steam if you like to.
ghostly-prey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #484
Skeloton
Boney Badass

Default Re: Will you get XP in bug hunt mode.

I think it should of been apart of ACM though I did not expect there to be one. I am not however inclined to believe that its cut content, I am inclined to believe that due to circumstances it could not make the shipping date.
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:16 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #485
ChrisF
GBX Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt1535 View Post
ChrisF,

Is there a reason that campaign can be played in split screen BUT bug hunt cannot be played that way?

A cynical person might say that this was excluded so everyone has to buy their own copy of bughunt via DLC and not be able the DLC with a friend on their consule.
Campaign can be played in co-op via split-screen on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. As far as I'm aware, split-screen is not available for any of the other multiplayer modes.

Last edited by ChrisF; February 8th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
ChrisF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #486
BatJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Campaign can be played in co-op via split-screen on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Split-screen functionality does not extend to any of the other multiplayer modes.
Can you comment on the other DLC included with the Season Pass? Doesn't make much sense to buy something without knowing what exactly is included.

Can you also comment on what type of PC video settings will be made available? And exclusive features, like PhysX or DX11 features?
BatJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #487
Skeloton
Boney Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostly-prey View Post
Well I always hope there will be bots in every gamemode, as for when the community decreases or my internet goes down I can still play with bots.
Yeah, I wouldn't of minded bots myself but experiences from Killzone 2 or 3...cant remember, it wasn't as fun as playing against other people. Might of had something to do with the fact human players shat themselves when I uncloaked infront of them and blasting a shotgun in their face and bots did nothing, may have influenced it.
Old February 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #488
mt1535

ChrisF,

Vs in this type of game generally is played more online then offline as it makes sense to have your own screen. Unless it is perhaps 4 player split screen BUT one vs one wouldn't really work that well in this particular game.

Bughunt though is a co-operative mode like campaign so being able to play it two player split screen is kind of logical.

I'd also like to add that you can play gears of war horde mode in two player split screen + COD's nazi zombies.

Last edited by mt1535; February 8th, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
mt1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #489
theonerayman

Thanks for all the info ChrisF, I know there were times where this topic HAD to be close to getting shuttered so thank you to Tonks for leaving it open so ChrisF could get this information out to us.
theonerayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #490
outlawalien

Thumbs down Thanks Sega/Gearbox for making us pay for a game mode that should have been included.

LOL so we have to pay extra for a game mode that should have been included in the game? I'm not a DLC hater, but this is going a bit too far and on purpose so it feels even more like a dirty move.

Sure blame it on the customers for assuming a survival wave-based game mode would have been included with our ALREADY $50 purchase LOL. When will publishers/game developers stop being stingy? We already committed to your product, and then you want more?
outlawalien is offline   Reply With Quote