The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #41
Bloodshot12
Ex-Soldier

Default Re: Don't let Gearbox get away with this!

If you guys are really upset about this, you should be harassing SEGA, not Gearbox - they are in charge of pricing and DLC content like this.

Why do you think there are a lot of companies that try to go around publishers? I'll give you a hint, it's not because they don't like having the extra name on their boxes.
Bloodshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #42
Xenobait21

Default Re: Spreading the word about Survival

Whats everyone's next move ? I'm keeping my pre order but I still have strong feelings about the situation . After reading previous threads I new it was coming as DLC and there was nothing more we could do about it , my issue lies with the pricing if it was extra maps Id somewhat understand but the game mode all together . I'm somewhat P*****
Xenobait21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #43
EyeBelieve

Default Re: A:CM "Bughunt" mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenobait21 View Post
Oh just to add what if where all up in arms about nothing , and bug hunt is actually a well kept secret and will come in game all along . The final build they presented at the IGN conference could have something else entirely , deliberately edited out .

Because viewers could see all the modes in the menu selection ? I know id feel abit of an idiot if this turned out to be the case.
It is not, it is not included in the official released game manual (on Steam), which is the final (gold) version that they showed at the IGN conference.
EyeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #44
theonerayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenobait21 View Post
Whats everyone's next move ? I'm keeping my pre order but I still have strong feelings about the situation . After reading previous threads I new it was coming as DLC and there was nothing more we could do about it , my issue lies with the pricing if it was extra maps Id somewhat understand but the game mode all together . I'm somewhat P*****
Im honestly note sure. Iv had my collectors edition paid off for 2+ months..I have a lot of thinking to do before Tuesday. Honestly it might depend on what, if anything we hear from gearbox or Pitchford on this matter.
theonerayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #45
theonerayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodshot12 View Post
If you guys are really upset about this, you should be harassing SEGA, not Gearbox - they are in charge of pricing and DLC content like this.

Why do you think there are a lot of companies that try to go around publishers? I'll give you a hint, it's not because they don't like having the extra name on their boxes.
This shouldnt be DLC..It should be survival mode like it was back in November!
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #46
Nightshifter
UKCMC

I want the game for the story anyway so I'm still getting it, wanted a horde mode to play with my friends though and it's bullsh!t that I need to pay more money to do so.
Nightshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #47
Xhan
Box of Frogs BatCrackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonerayman View Post
This wasnt really a known thing. Not even a CLUE until 3 days ago when the Gearbox poster told us that Survival wasnt the horde mode but a 4v4 mode.
No, it's been known for a bit. Whether that was widely disseminated or not is another story. *shrug*

Never confuse honesty for the truth.
Xhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #48
MarsAtlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodshot12 View Post
This. Remember how everybody blames EA for the microtransactions in Dead Space 3? You want to know why its EA's fault? Because EA is the publisher, they're the ones funding the project, and they can say "Hey, you're going to put this in the game, and this this thing out to be sold as DLC later, all so we can monetize the game more, or we're pulling the plug, and you're losing your jobs."
MarsAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #49
theonerayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhan View Post
No, it's been known for a bit. Whether that was widely disseminated or not is another story. *shrug*
Where is your source for a bit? If you a link or something I will apologize. But the first almost ALL of us heard was right after the IGN live stream when the gearbox poster posted here.
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #50
Bloodshot12
Ex-Soldier

Depends on the quality of the mode. If it comes with a decent amount of well designed maps I'd probably buy it (or the season pass rather).

Honestly this doesn't surprise me at all, this is just the nature of the gaming world these days if you don't publish yourself or make indie games (or get published by experienced developers).

TBH if GBX had the rights to Aliens games and could publish themselves I'm sure the movie characters would have come with the game for free, regardless of if you pre-ordered.
Bloodshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote