The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #11
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

Default Re: The Madhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Come on, the Flakker isn't thαt bad.
... Never confuse the two flakker is god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitableTr​ain8 View Post
I KNEW IT....

I just knew that the second I posted anything about flakker you would sniff it out.
Well no flak Sherlock.

I was here before you mentioned it though.

Last edited by Blutfatal; February 7th, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Blutfatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #12
innerfire2s

The Madhouse is like the AR version of the flakker.

It is inaccurate as hell and damage is pretty subpar. I only use it on my gunzerker duo weilding in closed environments since I like the dakadakadakadaka sound bandit AR makes.
innerfire2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #13
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerfire2s View Post
The Madhouse is like the AR version of the flakker.

It is inaccurate as hell and damage is pretty subpar. I only use it on my gunzerker duo weilding in closed environments since I like the dakadakadakadaka sound bandit AR makes.
How dare you...

The flakker is 100% accurate. It fires a wall of explosions, not explosions everywhere.
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #14
Loot Turtle
I like turtles

Ok, seriously. Here's why the Madhous! is so rarely found in-game and rarely talked about.

1. It is as rare as a Shredifier. It was supposed to drop from Mad Dog (we have seen the code that proves this) but it is bugged. He now drops the Baby Maker. This means that the Madhous! has no dedicated drop source.

2. It's not totally useless but it is a difficult weapon. It's special effect is its bullets ricochet and they get faster after each ricochet. The best place to use this would be in an enclosed indoor space. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of these on Pandora. Trying to use this in the great outdoors is just like using any other Bandit AR.

3. It needs a special build to turn this into a killing machine. I have 5 chars and a Wyld Asss Madhous!. IMO, the best character to use the Madhous! is Axton but you would need to spec him very specifically.

All these reason are why the Madhous! is so unpopular.

Last edited by Loot Turtle; February 7th, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
Loot Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #15
Colonel Shepard
banned

The Flakker can actually do ridiculous amounts of AoE damage if you use it correctly... granted the ONLY version of the Flakker you will ever want to use is the Casual Flakker because of the wall of explosions. Any other Flakker just won't do the job.

I've actually practiced using the Flakker quite a bit... you know whats fun about the gun? Use a singularity grenade to group up a few baddies then POW! SPLOSIONS.

Also, I'm dual wielding the Casual Flakker on my Gunzerker. Nonstop wall of explosions. It's great and despite what others say or might think... its just a misunderstood weapon that can be used to great effect.

I mean yeah, it's hard to learn and use but with a little practice you can really get a feel for it. I honestly kinda love the gun. I don't know, maybe I'm one of the weird few? Some people like their niche weapons like Miss Moxxi's Hail which I honestly cant use myself. The arcing effect is just too weird for me.
Colonel Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #16
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loot Turtle View Post
Ok, seriously. Here's why the Madhous! is so rarely found in-game and rarely talked about.

1. It is as rare as a Shredifier. It was supposed to drop from Mad Dog (we have seen the code that proves this) but it is bugged. He now drops the Baby Maker. This means that the Madhous! has no dedicated drop source.

2. It's not totally useless but it is a difficult weapon. It's special effect is its bullets ricochet and they get faster after each ricochet. The best place to use this would be in an enclosed indoor space. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of these on Pandora. Trying to use this in the great outdoors is just like using any other Bandit AR.

3. It needs a special build to turn this into a killing machine. I have 5 chars and a Wyld Asss Madhous!. IMO, the best character to use the Madhous! is Axton but you would need to spec him very specifically.

All these reason are why the Madhous! is so unpopular.
I would think close enough on gaige makes better use of the richochet splinter projectiles.
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #17
Loot Turtle
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutfatal View Post
I would think close enough on gaige makes better use of the richochet splinter projectiles.
I don't think Close Enough works with the Madhous!. The other problem is you want to use guns with small magazines and fast reloads with Gaige. The Madhous! is the opposite of that.
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #18
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

Quote:
I don't think Close Enough works with the Madhous!. The other problem is you want to use guns with small magazines and fast reloads with Gaige. The Madhous! is the opposite of that.
So not true, Jill of all trades mechro builds use madhous frequently.
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #19
Loot Turtle
I like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutfatal View Post
So not true, Jill of all trades mechro builds use madhous frequently.
Really? I'm not really familiar with that build. If it does work, it still means that you would need to spec Gaige in a specific way for her to use the Madhous!
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #20
Guggerbunk
QTE All the pancakes

Quote:
Pre-stack 600 stacks of Anarchy, swap to a Wyld Ass Madhous!, go to Bloodshot Stronghold. Do eet. Cycle that accuracy bit backwards.
Guggerbunk is offline   Reply With Quote