The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Aliens: Colonial Marines > A:CM General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #1
Dasher1010

Default Modifying/Tips for Graphically Enhancing A:CM Thread

This game shipped with DX9.0c I remember reading how it was supposed to support DX11. I don't see any options for tessalation or SSAO in the options menu. Is there some way to enable it or is this really a case of false advertising?

Last edited by Dasher1010; February 12th, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
Dasher1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Skeloton
Boney Badass

Default Re: Missing DX11 features

They said they werent going to use dx11 features.
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Raider65

Yea. GBX said A:CM would use DX11 but none of the PC specific features, out of respect for the console versions of A:CM.
Raider65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Dasher1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider65 View Post
Yea. GBX said A:CM would use DX11 but none of the PC specific features, out of respect for the console versions of A:CM.
Yes, and the same sort of "respect" that the Wii U gets with all of its exclusive features
Dasher1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #5
Saldrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider65 View Post
Hey that was pretty chipper of him! I remember buying a hot water tank but never turning it on because some homeless guy down the street didn't have one.

Cheers Randy!
Saldrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #6
BridgetFisher
First Access Club Member

Smile Re: Missing DX11 features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher1010 View Post
Yes, and the same sort of "respect" that the Wii U gets with all of its exclusive features
Im also excited for the release of ACM on the Wii-U gaming platform from Nintendo since its going to utilize the next gen hardware Nintendo has developed to take gaming to the next level. From interviews with Randy he has stated many times that Gearbox is working closely with Nintendo to really take advantage of its powerful hardware that will redefine gaming for the next generation. This may be why people who are playing on other platforms are not satisfied with their gaming experience, who could be if their playing in the past instead of gaming on the console that is the future of gaming. Even the Lego City games use the controllers built in interface for finding clues so Im looking forward to how ACM takes advantage of this hardware to set a new standard for online multiplayer FPS gaming in the next generation.

BridgetFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #7
JustaGrunt
More Bug Hunt and/or SDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgetfisher View Post
im also excited for the release of acm on the wii-u gaming platform from nintendo since its going to utilize the next gen hardware nintendo has developed to take gaming to the next level. From interviews with randy he has stated many times that gearbox is working closely with nintendo to really take advantage of its powerful hardware that will redefine gaming for the next generation. This may be why people who are playing on other platforms are not satisfied with their gaming experience, who could be if their playing in the past instead of gaming on the console that is the future of gaming. Even the lego city games use the controllers built in interface for finding clues so im looking forward to how acm takes advantage of this hardware to set a new standard for online multiplayer fps gaming in the next generation.
lol

No, Gearbox, not even this will convince people to re-buy A:CM on the Wii-U, hoping they'll get a better, more definitive game. At this time, the 360 and PS3 are still major gaming platforms so please give respect to those who bought the game for their respective system. Like I said, I doubt that trying to push the Wii U version will have them buy another copy of the game.

Last edited by JustaGrunt; February 12th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
JustaGrunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #8
delusionaltool

the DX11 issue could be fixed in a patch...AVP 2010 is DX11 there is no reason for it just using DX9...

Its gonna happen, and i also think Gearbox is gonna patch and fix this game that TimeGate/Nerve worked on for the majority...

http://www.timegate.com/games/

see it even shows there the Dev of it...
delusionaltool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #9
nufrequency
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusionaltool View Post
the DX11 issue could be fixed in a patch...AVP 2010 is DX11 there is no reason for it just using DX9...

Its gonna happen, and i also think Gearbox is gonna patch and fix this game that TimeGate/Nerve worked on for the majority...

http://www.timegate.com/games/

see it even shows there the Dev of it...
And you believe that because Sega is a bottomless gold mine and will keep throwing dollars at devs who were suppose to ship working game in the 1st place ?
nufrequency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #10
delusionaltool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nufrequency View Post
And you believe that because Sega is a bottomless gold mine and will keep throwing dollars at devs who were suppose to ship working game in the 1st place ?
nope, i think Gearbox is gonna have to actually do some work and fix this mess! IF they say they did not work on the game, which I totally believe Borderlands 1 looks better then this game, You can tell it was not made by Gearbox and it was outsourced to Timegate/Nerve whatever..

Now its time for Gearbox to step up to the plate and fix the game with Patches/DLC maybe even DLC that changes the SP completely an expansion but with them working on it no outsourcing to crap devs...

AAA Franchises Deserves AAA devs simple as that..

P.S. there is no running past Aliens PERIOD you run there on you like white on rice... FIX THE AI !

Last edited by delusionaltool; February 12th, 2013 at 09:00 PM.
delusionaltool is offline   Reply With Quote