The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #1
ItsAliensMostly

Exclamation Class Action Lawsuit? Is it possible

I know how silly this sounds at first and it's been thrown out there with video games before but imo this sounds like perhaps the strongest case gaming has ever had for a class action lawsuit.

Aliens Colonial Marines screams FALSE ADVERTISEMENT at the top of its lungs.

The marketing for this game was VERY deceptive and I dare not go into the details as I will most likely be banned for it. Along with TECHNICAL issues that hamper the entire experience and should not have been sold to consumers in its current state.

I hope someone starts a case against gearbox, while I am enjoying the title mostly and gave it a 7/10 personally, what they did to this fan base is unacceptable and most of all to us as consumers.

If this was another business they would be nailed to the wall, right to the ******* wall.

EDIT

http://www.vgrevolution.com/2013/02/...-of-a-lawsuit/

It seems a reputable video game site also believes gamers have a STRONG case against gearbox/sega.

All we really need is someone to get this started. It's never been done before but as I said earlier this is a unqiue case. Maybe this is what the gaming industry needs as a whole if this were to happen. I sure as hell hope it does

Last edited by ItsAliensMostly; February 15th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
ItsAliensMostly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #2
GAAleader
colonial marine killer

Default Re: Class Action Lawsuit? Is it possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAliensMostly View Post
I know how silly this sounds at first and it's been thrown out there with video games before but imo this sounds like perhaps the strongest case gaming has ever had for a class action lawsuit.

The marketing for this game was VERY deceptive and I dare not go into the details as I will most likely be banned for it. Along with TECHNICAL issues that hamper the entire experience and should not have been sold to consumers in its current state.

I hope someone starts a case against gearbox, while I am enjoying the title mostly and gave it a 7/10 personally, what they did to this fan base is unacceptable and most of all to us as consumers.

If this was another business they would be nailed to the wall, right to the ******* wall.
many reasons this isnt possible
1 the game is good to alot of people they are playing it not on forums
2 they never showed the wrong product in ads
3 GBX multimillion dollar company you not even close to that much money
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #3
JokersWarPig

The marketing was as deceptive as deceptive can be.
JokersWarPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Hogger

As much as I hate this game these lawsuit threads are nothing but hot air and always pop up when a ****** game gets released. Nobody follows through because nobody is THAT stupid.
Hogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #5
hellcat420

Quote:

do you even pay attention to the world today? all advertisement is false advertisement.
hellcat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #6
ItsAliensMostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAAleader View Post
many reasons this isnt possible
1 the game is good to alot of people they are playing it not on forums
2 they never showed the wrong product in ads
3 GBX multimillion dollar company you not even close to that much money
My issue with this is the simple fact this is a video game and people just don't think it could/should happen.

We are consumers who purchased a misleading product from a company that did everything to deceive us from what it really was. Then if you add in all of the technical issues it's something that should not be sold in its current state.

Why are video games any different than anything else? We are consumers and gearbox is a business. I think in this games unusual circumstances a class action suit is plausible.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #7
submarinex1

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=245457 join this guy hes going to pay for a lawyer.

submarinex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #8
GAAleader
colonial marine killer

Quote:
My issue with this is the simple fact this is a video game and people just don't think it could/should happen.

We are consumers who purchased a misleading product from a company that did everything to deceive us from what it really was. Then if you add in all of the technical issues it's something that should not be sold in its current state.

Why are video games any different than anything else? We are consumers and gearbox is a business. I think in this games unusual circumstances a class action suit is plausible.
and your issue is a new account only nine posts all dismissing the game
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Ten Bears
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogger View Post
As much as I hate this game these lawsuit threads are nothing but hot air and always pop up when a ****** game gets released. Nobody follows through because nobody is THAT stupid.
There were multiple lawsuit threads in bl2 forums after it's release.
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #10
ItsAliensMostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAAleader View Post
and your issue is a new account only nine posts all dismissing the game
I am not dismissing the game. If you read my first message you would understand I gave it a 7/10 score. Along with my post history you will find a pretty length review I wrote up.

To be honest what does post count have to do with anything?

I just feel that gearbox shouldn't get away with what they did on this title. Maybe you or others wish to just take it up the tush but to me I don't enjoy getting scammed.