The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old February 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Colonel Shepard
banned

Default Anyone else disappointed with Dexidious?

He's so disappointingly easy, as in so easy to counter every single attack of his that he's just a big fat walking target that you pretty much shoot at with no worries at all.

How to beat him without even breaking a sweat or even using the boat method (which IMO is a waste of time and much slower)

As soon as he appears, IMMEDIATELY run towards UNDER the lodge at Hunters Grotto. Go far back enough under it and you can literally just sit there all day shooting him. He basically becomes pointless. Like, why doesn't he bother to walk over the lodge or under it? Or around it rather? Such a joke of a boss.

100% of his projectiles will not reach you because of their really high arc and the brown spit projectile can be dodged by simply backpeddling a few steps.

Why didn't the developers realize a single piece of terrain made this supposed raid boss encounter a cake walk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRgWgOTv0QU

^Basically a video of how to do it. Lulz.
Colonel Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Shuix
banned

Default Re: Anyone else disappointed with Dexidious?

You say he's easy, yet you bring terrain obstruction into the post? Lol. I know he's easy and I've been with you fighting him without needing the spit, but its still a fun fight if you do it on foot. Closest to Crawmerax you can get with the weak points. I love fighting him just cause he's a fun break from bosses like Gee and Vora who make me frustrated.

Eridium cost and loot do take away from fun though.

Last edited by Shuix; February 15th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Shuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #3
HighTechHero
Shadow Ninja

He's boring to fight, and his loot is atrocious, he doesn't deserve all the 99 eridium and walking just to summon him.
HighTechHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #4
BeastlyHusla
King WZRD

I did know of this little trick, interesting
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #5
jd641
Pruppets

Send a message via ICQ to jd641

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechHero View Post
He's boring to fight, and his loot is atrocious, he doesn't deserve all the 99 eridium and walking just to summon him.
I don't mind him as a boss, I like that he's different than Gee or Vora but I think the best part is the waves of savages that you need to clear before he appears. The last time I summoned him Omnd omnd ohk was there to greet me with a twister shotgun for all my troubles.
jd641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #6
Slayer Jesse
Automated Death Deployer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechHero View Post
+1, i wouldn't mind the boring fight if he had decent loot, but all he drops is chopper, mostly a joke gun, and legendary mods you could get from pete much easier.

the main reason i use the eridium is to spawn badass savages to try to get OOO, then quit when dexi is summoned.

My Borderlands and Full Metal Alchemist Crossover: The Alchemist And The Anarchist.
72 Delta Force Axton, 72 Plasma Anarchist Gaige (Kill it with turrets and electricity, respectively.)
Slayer Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Lethal Omen

I thought he was an awesome fight for a vehicle, My only gripe is that I have to wait for the Zits to pop most of the time
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #8
smashbrolink
Turret-loving Hylian

My only reason to go through the steps to summon him, from this point on, is just to get rid of the Eridium, so I can see my count go up again.
Granted, it still means Eridium is effectively useless still, but at least it feels like I'm collecting something rather than overloading on something I can't use....a little.....when I see the count go up again.....

Other than that, yeah, he's a pretty pointless boss.
I dunno, I'm starting to feel that GBX is letting their outside dev teams make these enemies with all the wrong features, for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited by smashbrolink; February 15th, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
smashbrolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #9
K-Lude
Vilified

Nope
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #10
mrlugsy
I have omnipotent eyes

sussed the op's method 1st try against dexi after realising that the bridge was high enough to beat the aoe on his missiles and getting a bit peed off with getting downed inside the lodge umpteen times whilst stocking up on ammo lol.