The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #1
jujubaoil
Regularized Joe

Default Farming Flynt

So I happened to pick up a Thunderball Fists from Pete the other day and I must say that gun is downright beastly. Hell, I even like it as much as, if not more than, the DP Unkempt Harold now due to how ammo-efficient it is (with The Bee equipped). So, obviously, I want moar!

What I'd like to know is if there is a more efficient way to farm Captain Flynt. I know I got it from Pete, but farming him is less efficient since he seems to have an equal chance of dropping all the Legendaries, making the chance he'll drop a TbF quite small. So then is there a faster way up or is the long trek upwards to the Cap'n the only way?

Many thanks!
jujubaoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #2
shark099
Battleaxe Warrior

Default Re: Farming Flynt

Other then fleet+rough rider on maya but you might get downed a few times since you have no shield but yeah this is the only way I know of.
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #3
me.greedy

run... don't stop to kill the baddies...
me.greedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Lord Hotpants
Turdburglar

I've found that if you shoot at him before reaching the top, he'll come down after you. Earliest I've gotten him was at where claptrap gets stuck in the mission, at the stairs. Just find a place where you can hit him a few times and he'll come down the rafters at you. It significantly shortens the route.
Lord Hotpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #5
jujubaoil
Regularized Joe

Hmmmm... Ok then, thanks. I'll probably just equip the Sham and run like crazy.

How are his drop rates and is it worth the time to farm? Because if it's as bad the the Infinity...well, I don't like the gun THAT much! Hahahaha!
jujubaoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #6
Berble
SSBM

Send a message via Skype™ to Berble

I don't know if they're that bad but trust me they are really really bad in my experience. Also no shortcuts to get to him so it will be a long night.
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #7
Lord Hotpants
Turdburglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berble View Post
I don't know if they're that bad but trust me they are really really bad in my experience. Also no shortcuts to get to him so it will be a long night.
I mentioned a shortcut earlier. It works consistently for me, however I also have a Mothrakk shortcut that only seems to work for me, so I don't know how reliable that is. But seriously, try to find a place to hit him from down below and he'll come after you.
Lord Hotpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:50 PM   #8
Daddys Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Hotpants View Post
I mentioned a shortcut earlier. It works consistently for me, however I also have a Mothrakk shortcut that only seems to work for me, so I don't know how reliable that is. But seriously, try to find a place to hit him from down below and he'll come after you.
Are you on PC? not sure if its worth looking into, but there is a setting on PC that is sometihng like "sight distance" maybe you have a high end machine and you can see farther, or it renders things further away, that might make a diff. just a guess.

I am getting ready to roll up my sleeves and farm flynt myself, I will make sure I have my sight distance on far (or whatever setting it is) and see if I can hit him at range, for some reason, on my mechro he never drops anything though, not even money prob. just bad luck.
Daddys Little Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Scarpa

It's not that long a run honestly, and once you're to the point where he would jump down it's just a couple stairs away.

I have farmed him on and off about 50 times, got 3 Bonus Packages out of it but no Thunderball Fists yet.

Best run I managed to get in the turret before Boom (as zer0 used execute to dash past him), that was fun.
Scarpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:11 PM   #10
Cacti
Challenge accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpa View Post
I have farmed him on and off about 50 times, got 3 Bonus Packages out of it but no Thunderball Fists yet.
Have you had him dropping loot at all? I'm only getting drops off him 1 out of 8 tries. (Roughly)

It doesn't fly off either, he just drops... Nothing.
Cacti is offline   Reply With Quote