The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #1
TwistedBetrayal

Post Tips for Fighting BNK-3R?

I'm a level 45 Mechromancer going through TVHM. I just made it to the bunker , my strategy was basically use my best heavy hitting weapon that does 10000 damage, and go right for it's eyes to get critical hits of 60K or more. I do have the anarchy skill, but I can't stay alive long enough to get it high enough to be effective. I tried using rocket launchers, but they seem to be ineffective for me.

It seemed to work efficiently until about halfway through his health when all of a sudden it became more of a pain on the ass, because of his bigger gun, auto cannons, tons of loaders coming at me, etc.

Any tips?

Note- I don't want to do side quests because I'm trying to get everything to scale for PT2.5
TwistedBetrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #2
BeastlyHusla
King WZRD

Default Re: Tips for Fighting BNK-3R?

go up the stairs and camp around the yellow chest, only really need to dodge the mines he drops
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #3
GMKGoat
Doodad King

Use a corrosive weapon.
Stand on the steps leading up to the waterfall. You can get a good vantage on his eye from here while having a lot of cover.
Summon DT as a distraction as often as possible.
Unload on his eyes.

That's really it. You can dodge just about every attack he can throw at you.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #4
ScifiSaint

Just stay down by the vending machines and avoid bots that spawn down there.
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Daedal
adj - skillful; ingenious

Rocket launchers don't have a critical modifier because normally they can't crit. So even when you see it say "critical" from hitting the autocannons (which always get critical hits like Crystalisk legs), you don't actually get any extra damage.

So you're better off with something else. You can fight him from the lower ring (by the ammo shops and med shops), and he can barely hit you with anything. Kind of a cheap way to win but it works.

If you do fight on the top, make sure to keep weak loaders around. That way when you go into FFYL, you can be a single shot away from getting back up. Works really well with chucking a Tediore gun, but reloading them early will trigger Discord or remove your stacks.

Also there are some side quests without item rewards you could do, unless you're saving them for the level cap or something.
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #6
Zer0, Quite the Boss

It's a long fight this way, but I just shoot his turrets off each time he pops up, then hide. It works eventually.
Zer0, Quite the Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #7
Scarpa

Corrosive weapon, be diligent about pruning the bots, take the ground based turrets out fast (if in story mode).

I had little trouble with him in with Gaige at level 46, and repeated the kill a few more times to level up to 48. The single best thing you can do is kill the loaders FAST, giving you more time to sit and whale on bunker, and you need a good corrosive for that.

Last edited by Scarpa; February 25th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Scarpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #8
Ben Holiday
Discount Paladin

Having spent a lot of time recently farming bunker (2 sham, 2 bitch, 1 leg mech mod) I've got a few tips:

I tend to fight him in the large area with the staircase that leads to the waterfall. There's plenty of room to move, and he's got a few different attack patterns here, but they can all be dealt if you know what do to.

Firest of all, try to stand at the edge closest to him. If you stay close enough, his rockets can't hit you, and it becomes easier to get off accurate shots.

Second, when you take out his turrets, jump as much as possible. The lasers that criss-cross the floor can't hit you if you're in the air.

Third, he has different reactions in different forms. If he comes up from underneath, and slants downward while immobile with his critical spot in easy reach, DON'T shoot his turrets if you can. In this attack pattern he will leave almost as soon as his turrets are destroyed, but if you can survive them you can stand close and quite easily deal massive damage to his crit spots because they are so close to you and he isn't moving around. In any other form however, feel free to destroy them unless you need them for second winds, because his other attack patterns are timed, and unless you deal a large percentage of his health they won't end just because you destroy his turrets.

Fourth, when he drops low enough to start deploying the laser cannon that can't be killed, try to stand close to him, but with a small amount of distance between yourself and the edge. If you do it right, his laser blasts will hit the wall on the edge and shake your screen, but you'll be far enough back that the splash damage won't hit you.

Another important thing is to keep an eye on the map. Exploders are far more dangerous to you than anything Bunker can do. This is true for pretty much the whole fight. Kill them first, and while bunker is flying around kill the ones on lower platforms if you can do so without leaving the area.

And lastly, when he's in his final form be aware that you cannot second wind off Bunker, but only his turrets. So if you don't think you can kill him before he kills you, it may be a good idea to leave a turret or two alive so you can get a second wind if there aren't any loaders around.

And that's all I've got. I hope it helps!
Ben Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #9
NegativeZer0 FX
Fire Incarnate

Lady fist+xxx fibber

Unless Life Also Gives You Water and Sugar, Your Lemonade is Going to Suck
Off-Topic Armory!
NegativeZer0 FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #10
BeastlyHusla
King WZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_warriors_cousin_steve View Post
Lady fist+xxx fibber
you do know he's lv45? why would he need to waste those quest items at that level?