The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #1
CuervoGold

Default Moving a Character on Xbox

Sorry if this is not the right forum for this, but I have a friend who has been playing Borderlands2 on my xbox using a local (none Live) account. He has played the character up to 26 and is now thinking about getting the game. He has an Xbox and a Silver Xbox Live account on it.

My question is how can we move his character from my xbox to his xbox and associate it with his live account? He'd like to know before he purchases the game. Any help would be appreciated.
CuervoGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #2
DeltaTango

Default Re: Moving a Character on Xbox

You could just try copying it to a USB drive and then copying it to his Xbox.
I'm fairly certain that savegames themselves aren't associated with gamertags.
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #3
jakefolk

Unfortunately there is no easy way the game will let you move between profiles. And by not easy I mean unless you know some way to tinker with the files before you move them. Which idk how to do or how safe it is
jakefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #4
CuervoGold

Thanks. I've never actually had to copy a save before so I don't know how they are associated with certain gamertags, Live enabled or local.

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

If he has to start over, I don't know that he would be as inclined to purchase his own copy. Honestly, playing split screen is for the birds.
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #5
jakefolk

Yea split screen sucks n its stupid I can't use a character made on a different profile on live
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #6
It's Just Eric
New And Improved!

...but I love split screen...Perhaps im just old,and remembering when people talked to eachother..like, in person....with words.

lol, anyhow, I had a similar situation where I payed on my friends xbox before I got my own copy, but I used my profile that I had stored on his system as well as mine, so I just switched the character save file to the cloud to transfer it to my own system.

In your case, you might have to go into your profile's system settings and save the borderlands 2 game saves to a usb drive and put it on his system. The achievements and ba rank will stay associated with your local profile on your system.
Old March 9th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Bobsplosion

If he was using the same account on both your XBOX and his, then all he'd have to do is move the save to the other system through USB or Cloud or whatever, and save it to the hard drive.

If it's a different account, then you'd have to change the values of the save through something like Horizon, but that's walking into modding territory, so you're on your own there.
Bobsplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #8
jakefolk

Split screen in general is fun but how could they not make the inventory screen smaller or something. Its terrible.
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM   #9
RainbowDashTS
Lonesome Road

My eyes are adapted to one big screen.. i would hate doing spiltscreen because it would probably irritate my eyes because im not used to it
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #10
CuervoGold

Thanks for the replies. We're not huge modders or anything so that route might be out for for us. We'll see what happens if he copies his save and drops it on his system. I'm guessing he could probably create the same screen name on his system and it would then be associated with that screen name?