The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #11
Supaknugga

Default Re: Natural Selection Annex Spawning Help

it didnt work...
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #12
Razorhawkzor
I didn't do nuthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellBiggums View Post
Didn't work... unless.. where is the save point by the midgets you were talking about?
Won't work, when you start you can only spawn in places where you transition between areas. What system do you play on, not sure if it matters though since there were a few times when I spawned at the start instead of the annex exit.

Last edited by Razorhawkzor; April 7th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Razorhawkzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #13
DarrellBiggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggilyWah View Post
Looking into the midget room, look right. Should see a badass skag in the corner, to the left of it is a small room with a treasure locker thing and three normal lockers.

EDIT: I've heard something about your progress relating to the Doctor's Orders mission may affect if you can spawn by the Annex or not. I have 10/10 collected, but still haven't turned the quest in.
So do i save and quit at the save point you're talking about?
DarrellBiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #14
Supaknugga

it wont work I saved and quit there already and i spawned me back at the beginning
Old April 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #15
DarrellBiggums

I'm on xbox. I'm just going to assume that it does have to do with collecting the slag samples.
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #16
paulio74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggilyWah View Post
EDIT: I've heard something about your progress relating to the Doctor's Orders mission may affect if you can spawn by the Annex or not. I have 10/10 collected, but still haven't turned the quest in.
It's not progress through Doctor's Orders that affects the spawn location, it's progress through the main story mission where you have to collect the 10 slag samples. The Doctor's Orders glitch is that if you pick up the Echo recorder in the carton the midgets stop spawning.

May be try turning in the story mission? I have and I spawn by the Annex every time. You'll be no worse off if it doesn't work :0)

As a side note, how on earth are you getting to the midgets in five minutes from the start of the level? Even from the Annex it takes me at least that long?
paulio74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #17
DarrellBiggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulio74 View Post
It's not progress through Doctor's Orders that affects the spawn location, it's progress through the main story mission where you have to collect the 10 slag samples. The Doctor's Orders glitch is that if you pick up the Echo recorder in the carton the midgets stop spawning.

May be try turning in the story mission? I have and I spawn by the Annex every time. You'll be no worse off if it doesn't work :0)

As a side note, how on earth are you getting to the midgets in five minutes from the start of the level? Even from the Annex it takes me at least that long?
I have the run down to a science haha been doing it way to much lately
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #18
WiggilyWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulio74 View Post

Oh right, my mistake. Yes, I collected all ten of the slag samples from the main story mission. Still haven't actually gone beyond the midgets though, been farming them a lot.

To clarify how it's working for me (on PC):

Main story mission has me still 'rescue Bloodwing, get Claptrap upgrade, Collect Slag Samples 10/10'. I went INSIDE the Annex, went back out. I then proceeded to go up to that particular save point close to the midgets. Maybe just doing the transitiion in/out of the Annex does it, but what I just described is my method. I'm about to actually advance the story mission though, to see if I can still spawn at the Annex after turning it in.
WiggilyWah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #19
HuskerFan

It definitely has to do with the story line. I had no problem for 2 days spawning at the NSA until I moved on some in the story line. I went back and tried it again and it doesn't work. Not a huge deal as I can just run through everything to that point but it kinda sucks.
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #20
jakefolk

U have to finish the WEP main quest and the optional mission with it (slag samples) come on guys devs already confirmed this
jakefolk is offline   Reply With Quote