The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 General Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Old April 10th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #11
FreddyJ1273

Default Re: Did TVHM enemy scaling get changed with the UVHM update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage21701 View Post
Yep... am slagging and I talked with a few friends I work with at lunch today and they commented on the same thing. So it seems that something did change, but there has been no explanation why. From everything I can find, the two levels above your current level was only supposed to affect UVHM and not TVHM.
I had the same thing happening to me recently. Axton level 50 in Sawtooth Cauldron TVHM - lots of level 51 and 52s from there on. My 14K sniper rifles basically useless.

One day I was fighting level 50s max, next day they were one, but mostly two levels, above me.

Very frustrating as I was enjoying this game immensely, and then it cost me almost 1 million gold in deaths, and I had to restore a prior save and start again.
FreddyJ1273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #12
Salvadorable
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer Jesse View Post
are you slagging? its pretty much required now.
Pretty sure the slag damage increase applies only to UVHM. Mob scaling isn't effected by UVHM either (or shouldn't be).

Old April 10th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #13
XenoWraith
Moon Elf Ranger assistant

Some areas scale according to progress in the main story. Just wait for 2.5. Then get all the uniques and stuff you want before starting uvhm. Worth the wait and ofc do the ones with skins, relics, and eridium.
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #14
WarMonkey87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage21701 View Post
It seems like they are forcing you to do the optional missions now at the same time when you do the story missions and that is total BS in my book.
Well, to be honest, there's no reason for you not to do the side quests in TVHM along with the story.

But anyways, there were always level 51 and 52 guys in TVHM in PT2.5. However, I wonder if those enemies accidentally got the 4x health multiplier by accident.
WarMonkey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #15
Zombitedesade

Related to this question, but not entirely:

Previously, even in TVHM if you visited a dlc area at a certain level it would lock to that level forever, even going back after killing the warrior at 50. In UVHM if I decided I just wanted to buy some seraph stuff for my 55 siren and then never go back to the dlc areas till 61, will the enemies / quest rewards be 61 also or will they still be 55?

Not sure if this is all dlc, but it was defo true of pirates booty.
Zombitedesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #16
g33k hack3rs

I finished PT2 the day that UVHM was released. Been going through the side missions on PT2.5 with my zerker and everything is scaling to lvl 51/52 for side missions. I still see the odd 48/49 mob but most of them scale to lvl 52 - 1 lvl higher than my zerker.

50 Gunzerker
g33k hack3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #17
Danger Close
Unfriendly Fire

I was BAR farming for 2nd prestige on NORMAL and Bar Brawl tier 3 is lvl 61.
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #18
{FM}BBQ
Gearbox Loyalty Class-Mod

In Normal and TVHM, the enemies level is dictated. The missions are whatever. Level you were (generally) when you took it.

In UVHM the enemies scale to the level of the highest player in the game. Missions are still the level you take them at.

I heard they are going to nerf praying, might put a lock out timer on that. - Iceberg
{FM}BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #19
mirage21701
Forum Poster

The issue is that in TVHM the enemies are no longer sticking to the quoted mission level or within 2 levels of quoted mission level like they used to... they are now 2-4 levels above your player level. So if the mission says it is level 38 and the difficulty is trivial the enemies used to be level 38-40 even if your player level was say 45 before the update. Now though even though the level says 38 and difficulty is trivial the enemies are 2-4 levels higher than your player level even on TVHM. So if you are level 45 doing a level 38 mission the enemies are 47-49 not 38-40 like it was before the update. It did not used to be this way. I talked with 20 plus people online and in person last night and they all confirmed the same thing. TVHM has been altered since the update and I dont remember anything being said about that when they were talking about the new levels or changes in the update.
mirage21701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #20
RestEasy

I think the first question asked and should be answered is what is the highest level enemy you've seen in TVHM? And at what level were you?

The next question, related to the above is: Are the enemies occasionally scaling at or just above your level at all times?

Previous to UVHM release after killing the warrior enemies and any missions taken post warrior were at the highest level of 50. Occasionally some enemies would scale to 51 or even 52. So, if you're seeing that it's normal.

Also, in DLC 3 you may see enemies even higher that is from the witch doctors. The same goes for DLC2 Pyro Pete where each time you open a valve the enemies released get a higher level. That too is normal.

Previously in TVHM the scaling throughout the story was quite static. It sounds like now they are leveling up a little faster as you do but still mostly static as they aren't constantly matchign your level. Right?

I played most of DLC1 in TVHM recently at level 53 (played some UVHM) and enemies were 50 up to 52. So, nothing strange to me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Close View Post
I was BAR farming for 2nd prestige on NORMAL and Bar Brawl tier 3 is lvl 61.
This was reported and ChrisF said that was being looked into. Before tier 3 was always at max level (level 50) whether in normal or TVHM. When the UVHM and level 61 came out they went to that max level. I don't think they were suppose to (because some people didn't buy the 61).

Are you connected to the internet? A hotfix should have that fixed.

Hotfix Notes PC, Xbox PS3:
April 4, 2013
(Mr. Torgue DLC) Enemies above Level 50 should no longer appear during "Tier 3 Battle" missions while playing in Normal and True Vault Hunter Mode.
RestEasy is offline   Reply With Quote