The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #21
sheepskin

Default Re: Ironclad Lunatics and Corrosive Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos75 View Post
Well can you offer Tilarta any helpful advice instead of just saying he/she is wrong?
I like you ;p
sheepskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #22
Patriot's Anarchist
Binary Azure Seeker Unit

Quote:
Well can you offer Tilarta any helpful advice instead of just saying he/she is wrong?
That'd go against forum codes of conduct rule #413: Though shall not offer advice when pointing out something that is not correct.

Advice time: You can carry more grenades by using relics. Also, in the latest patch ammo capacity has been increased sort of -> in UVHM you can buy 2 more ammo storage upgrades for everything from the blackmarket. They are priced at 50 for the first buy and then 100. Also, Eridium capacity has been increased to 500 I believe.

Mikey the Devastructor W.I.P. Class Concept Sig courtesy of That_Guy42
Patriot's Anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #23
Qbertos55
COT Butt Stallion Brigade

Quote:
Well said kratos75.

Too much driftwood in these here forums.

Back OT....I have found explosive/slag to work well on Ironclads, especially the DPUH type.

Seems to take them down quicker than caustic/slag for some reason. May just be my perception tho.

Unveiling RNG: A Survey of Drop RatesUnveiling RNG: The Database
Maya OP8 x2 / Salvador OP8 / Axton 68 / Gaige 38 / & my Army of Mules

Last edited by Qbertos55; April 10th, 2013 at 09:22 PM.
Qbertos55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #24
Tilarta

Post Re: Ironclad Lunatics and Corrosive Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepskin View Post
I forget who it was. But whoever came up with this idea deserves a cookie.

Basically, elemental damage modifiers would be adjusted. Further increasing the elemental damage multipliers on enemies that are weak to a particular element, while significantly decreasing the multiplier on the enemies that aren't.

Awesome, interactive, simple, and effective. Adding some much needed depth to UVHM difficulty instead of just ramping up health. I would still like enemy health to be increased on top of this, but not as much as it currently is.

Somewhat of a tangent; I love the idea of weapon swapping. I just don't like weapon swapping being so reliant on slag. There is no need to make slag such a crutch.
Interestingly enough, that's how I was playing, at least on Gaige.
See a shielded enemy, Shockpound the shield, then switch to Corrosive to finish the job.

I don't know if Corrosive is the right choice, but it inflicts DOT, which was always useful against unshielded enemies before.

My first mmo was structured around gameplay like that, each enemy type was immune to a certain damage and weak to another (example, fire immune enemies were weak to ice).
It was a bit more complicated then that, as some enemies also had a resistance or two on top of the immunity, but nothing you couldn't compensate for.
I found it interesting to plan around that, look at a specific enemy, then choose the right weapon to fight them with.

Unfortunately, I can't repeat that with Axton, cycling two assault rifles would consume his ammo stocks too fast.
And he only has 1 infinity, the fire one.

I use a specific relic, Blood of the Seraphs for health regen.
Using another one would decrease my survivalability.

As for storage upgrades, grenades are at the very end of the list.
I have to increase weapon ammo and storage space first.
Also, I have limited eridium, no more then 110 bars.

Besides, I'm not sure 12 grenades is better then 8.
That'll get me halfway into the next room!

And with their second post, I added Junes to ignore.

Last edited by Tilarta; April 10th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
Tilarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #25
Junes
banned

Quote:
I can, yes.

Well I? No.
Junes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #26
SilverSpeedy

Slow rate of fire weapons can hurt or get you killed with poor shields like the level 48 Bee. Try to slow them down or run and jump off a building to buy some time. If you can snipe at very long range. I am at level 55 with Maya and can slag with action, it really helps. For armored critters/people/bots, try to shoot and retreat. On UVH you need some good tactics to survive. Distance can be your friend if you do it right. Find high rate of fire or burst while zoom is good fighting them. If you can do enough damage via head shot crits, they stop or side step. Try the legs to hit, I seen critters that takes leg damage moves at a crawl.

Remember for UVH has very tough stuff to kill but better loot drops. Fair trade off. For the person doing 2 cars and a buzzard, in the open is a 100% chance of getting kill, take cover and hide. I do die many many times but learning to die less by changing tactics.
SilverSpeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #27
Power Cycle

I also find that Corr do bugger all. As other have said Slag helps but it is still a lot of bullets to actually kill one.

I tend to use slag then my 200K Rocket Launcher and while not a 1-shot kill, takes about 85% of their health and I normally use a Torgue Shotgun at close range for the rest
Power Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #28
jab136

I honestly haven't had a massive amount of issues specifically with the Ironclad lunatics, the rabid skag on UVHM on the other hand. but yah, just shoot them with corrosive and they die pretty quickly. (although it could be the ruin slagging everything around me) I personally don't use slag weapons, fire for anything with a health bar, corrosive for anything else, maybe some shock if they have strong shields. I don't get why everyone uses the bee for general use, I keep it to equip if I am fighting a boss, for general use I use the Hide of Terramorphous for survivability. the fake difficulty of increasing the HP of all enemies is getting slightly annoying though.
jab136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #29
Power Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab136 View Post
...rabid skag on UVHM on the other hand.
THIS...
Rabid Skags are a PAIN if you dont have an agro pet (Turret/DT) or an ability to lock them down (Maya). Really hard to headshot and even if you do they now take a lot of headshots and by that time they are in your face (literally).
Power Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #30
Davo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Cycle View Post
THIS...
Rabid Skags are a PAIN if you dont have an agro pet (Turret/DT) or an ability to lock them down (Maya). Really hard to headshot and even if you do they now take a lot of headshots and by that time they are in your face (literally).
i've only played UVHM with Axton, and even with two turrets it's bad. I died 4 or 5 time in Three Horns because those Rabid Skags not only swarm me in groups of 4, but are 2 levels higher than me. They give sexy XP though.
Davo86 is offline   Reply With Quote