The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #1
SinisterMidget

Default Kriegs Story/Premise

I always got the impression that the vault hunters were not from Pandora originally, and most had ended up there for one reason or another. Mostly, to hunt for cash and loot. Seems to me that in B2, the original four now have an additional interest in protecting Pandora as it's sort of become their new home. In B2, I suppose Maya's order of sicko monks could be on Pandora, and we know Axton is not originally from there, neither is Salvador, and I also got the impression Zer0 was from elsewhere.

Will Krieg be originally from Pandora?

What motivation does a psycho have to hunt for a vault anyway?

What will his back story be?

I'm not sure why this matters that much to me but it does. Probably because I actually like the story line of both games, and want to see it continue to be solid and continuous.
SinisterMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #2
StrawHatMoose

Default Re: Kriegs Story/Premise

Sal is from Pandora...
StrawHatMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #3
Omagetton

Sal is a native of pandora tho...
Omagetton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #4
IllusiveManJr
Head of Cerberus

Sal, Pandora
Old April 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #5
SinisterMidget

http://youtu.be/CDryVuVr078

It seems you guys are correct, and Sal is in fact from Pandora. For some reason I thought Overjas was a different planet, not simply a village on Pandora. Still, for being on Pandora, and them not hearing of Hyperion until the show up to invade...well...Overjas must really be in some buttcrack isolated part of the planet...
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #6
BloodRed87
Meat Bicycle Owner

Since Kreig is a Psycho, chances are he's from probably native of Pandora as well.

As for backstory, his reveal trailer hints at it; an escaped Hyperion slag-experiment that escaped, leaving him with intelligence and inhuman strength and a thirst for vengeance upon Hyperion.

I like my treasure like my baby steaks.......RARE!
BloodRed87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #7
SinisterMidget

http://youtu.be/AKOAOMCX_XY

That video just calls him an experiment, but I suppose vengeance upon Hyperion is as plausible as any back story. It also looks like in that video he has two normal arms, while in the 6 minutes of gameplay vid he has one normal arm, and one deformed flipper arm (check the 6 minute vid at about 5:59 or so)...but not all the time. I wonder if his flipper arm grows to normal size with use of the action skill?
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #8
huazin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterMidget View Post
What motivation does a psycho have to hunt for a vault anyway?
That is a good question. Although, I think anyone seeing a personal chance to find the vault would try to do it in the Borderlands Universe. Maybe it is just because he is crazy and wants to kill everything and have ALL the guns!

I love the BL2 playable characters for the fact that none of them is a real hero in the first place. They are outlaws, killers, escapists. Their main incentives are revenge, greed and maybe justice.

What I am wondering about is, how Krieg ends up fighting in a team with the other vault hunters. Maybe it's just the feeling of belonging to the same group of people betrayed by Handsome Jack/Hyperion.
huazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #9
SinisterMidget

Turns out, there's a thread on this very forum where you can write up your own wish list....so I did.

The co-op idea you have is good. Krieg doesn't have to like or even get along with teh other Vault Hunters, he just has to hate Jack/Hyperion as much as they do.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Or something.

Last edited by SinisterMidget; April 15th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #10
BucklingSwashes
Because that's a thing.

I was thinking about the Doctor's Orders mission and the audio logs you pick up during it, all of which have to do with Hyperion's slag experimentation on people. This included, apparently, Tiny Tina's parents.

.... What if Krieg is Tina's dad, having survived the grenade explosion and experiments, and coming out the other side without a complete memory of what had happened to him?

A bit of a stretch, obviously, but tying him into what we've already seen and heard regarding Hyperion's slag experiments kind of makes sense. Probably not to the level I suggest, but hell, it'd be an interesting notion. Theoretically, if he isn't of full enough mind to recall his past, and has been altered beyond recognition by Tina, neither of them could even know it.