The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Class and Character Talk > Zer0 the Assassin

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #1
Malaiendolch

Default vs. super badass constructor's 3.0, stalker hordes...and temporary invincible enemys

hey community,
first of all: sorry for my bad english, hope we understand each other ^^ i'm a foreign speaker. all of my questions are about UVHM.
i played through normal mode and tvhm quite easily, and even uvhm was ok with my zero, getting way easier with proper equip, so i'm not the worst player. when i die, it's my fault (mostly...explaining later), so i complain about nothing.
my questions:
1. what's your melee(!) zero tactic against super badass constructor's 3.0? met them first with law & order, because i changed in uvhm to melee, no proper equip at this point and so on..wanted to reach lv61 before getting the love thumper and melee rubi...they were a pain. i changed to guns to destroy the first before the bunker, and avoided the second after saturn and the third at the end of hero's pass.
now i have decent weapons, but some advice in words, not videos would be nice : )
is it even possible to kill them without any gun support? are they immune to slag?
i would rush towards them, after cleaning the surrounding area, activate deception in some range of them, to not instantly trigger their firestomp, kunai them and execute with a rapier in their eye, then change to rubi, move along their side and keep hitting, to reach the back. at this point, the stomp should hit me, throws me backwards and i run in melee range again, firing with rubi to survive burn damage, then again hitting. if i go down, i change to rapier and keep hitting and praying. if they try to construct enemys: activate deception, kunai the eye, execute with rapier, and so on...
would this work? if not...please explain the right way to kill them.

2. stalkers. i do not really have a question about them... interesting enemys, fast and some versions of them have strong melee attacks. i experienced some strange thing about them: sometimes, my zero executes through them, without hitting, even when they don't move... because of their size? same with psychodwarfs...but no other tiny enemys. spiderants, skags..no problem...but teleporting through or above some strong and fast enemys can cause problems, especially, when your class needs an empty shield to do real damage. any advice?

3. similiar with scavengers (bandits [not rats] who pick up loot) and cloaked hyperion troops...the scavenger take the execution, even the pushback...but sometimes take no damage. from the front and back. worse with the cloaked troops: their cloak often seems to competely absorb my meleestrikes without disappearing...always, when i'm in desperate need of some health ^^ is this intended? anyone else saw this? and i know i hit them.

thanks for your help : )
Malaiendolch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #2
stoopicus
くないくん

Default Re: vs. super badass constructor's 3.0, stalker hordes...and temporary invincible ene

Constructors are immune to slag.

Some people like to Decepti0n past them and backstab them with a rapier. Never tried this myself, I usually infinity them down, but I think i might go do it for fun later.
Steam ID: Stoop
stoopicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #3
PwrStryke

Default Re: vs. super badass constructor's 3.0, stalker hordes...and temporary invincible ene

Melee works fine for constructors... Kunai and then execute right at the eye with the rapier. If you are still alive hit with the rubi if you ffyl switch to the rapier. Usually works fine. Yes, they are immune to slag. Super BA Loaders go down fine too just hit them from the back, you can usually one hit them with the rapier.

Stalkers are weird.. I have the same thing happen. Best advice is just to charge and jump over the Rabid ones and hit them in the back and out of deceptions. But if you are tossing Teslas or better yet Quasars you can take out whole packs with the Rubi and LT combo. I took out Pimon, Tumba, the Stalkers and the Skags today in wep with that strategy. In worst case you usually survive just swinging away with the Rubi. The grenades help.

I hate scavengers too. Not sure i have seen them not take damage. I target them first and try to get the kunai on them and a rapier in the back out of deception. Usually takes them out fine. If it doesn't you can decide whether to killing blow them with the rapier or switch to the rubi to finish. Sort of a quick decision based on your health.

You didn't mention your build. I am running MMF and Death Blossom and using mostly the Legendary Hunter mod though sometimes i play with a nice Bloodied Ninja mod if found. 5 resurgence, 4 backstab, 4 killing blow or a Shadow Ninja Mod.

Hope this helps...
PwrStryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:08 AM   #4
MBellicus
Pearlescent Sabre Turret

I had that problem with scavengers several times today when attempting to execute them. It's why their up on my top ten list of most annoying enemies.
mistakenly believe that they're in good company.
MBellicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #5
Man of Low Moral Fiber
banned

The most annoying enemy in the game is the chief, followed, distantly, by Gee. Other than those two, nothing compares.
Man of Low Moral Fiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #6
Gh0st Ninja
Return of the Kunai

Yeah some enemies seem to have spots on them, that when hit, take no damage. Every time I see one of these enemies I scream wall sphincters. I've never had any problem executing stalkers. If I miss it's my fault
Gh0st Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #7
Malaiendolch

thanks for your quick answers : )
in a way, i'm happy not to be alone with this problems ^^
and that my strategy against super badass constructors will work...with some practice. hope they also fix the problems with scavengers and tiny enemies...or shrink zero to the half : D

@PwrStryke
same build as mine ; )
i'm using a shadow ninja mod, +45% melee damage, +5 backstab, +4 resurgence, +4 killing blow. mostly i use +35% cooldown relic, but also carry a +35% melee damage with me (for mentioned constructors and other heavy problems^^). also have the legendary hunter mod, but prefer thle extra damage from the shadow ninja mod...but all on lv50 : ( didn't get some good relics and mods on 61 until now, i reached max level just thursday. did they increase the value of the stat boosts on the new relics and mods...or decrease the effect of the old ones for lv61 characters? otherwise looking for new mods and relics would be pointless, i also found nothing that surpasses my current ones.
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #8
Cacti
Challenge accepted

You're hitting the backpacks on the scavengers backs. Just aim for the head and you'll either crit or they'll take full damage.

For constructors I usually run towards them, activate deception and throw kunais when they start firing missiles, go round their back and backstab execute. Then they are usually In killing blow range.
Cacti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #9
Malaiendolch

hello Cacti,
are you absolutely sure, that the backpacks of scavengers count as an obstacle, like Hellquists's radio? i know exactly of one try, where i execute them from the front, with no effect except the knockback and of several successfull attacks in the back. but maybe i was just lucky and hit the head from the back..^^# but your point makes sense.
no other one strange experiences with the cloaked hyperion troops..?
Old May 5th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #10
Cacti
Challenge accepted

I'm guessing that scavengers just have a wonky hitbox, I get that when executing from the front sometimes.
Cacti is offline   Reply With Quote