The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old May 8th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #1
robarcool

Default Wonder how long it takes to kill Master Gee on UVHM with just one acid stack?

I found out. 1:25 hours give or take. I wanted to finish that side quest (after many failed team attempts), so I just made him absorb one acid pool and hid behind the rock and went afk. I kept checking his health time to time and it was finally over in 1:25 hours or so. Never ever going into his arena with my Axton (unless with a good team). Even his worms take a while to kill. Really annoying. I don't know what gearbox were thinking when they gave Gee ridiculous 9.5 billion health.
robarcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #2
wh1t3kn1te

Default Re: Wonder how long it takes to kill Master Gee on UVHM with just one acid stack?

your lucky he didnt disappear, tried it thay way three times and all three times he disappeared on me. congrats
wh1t3kn1te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #3
Helsabot
Divine Flakker of Justice

Send a message via Skype™ to Helsabot
Default Re: Wonder how long it takes to kill Master Gee on UVHM with just one acid stack?

Gee, I dunno.

Maybe they wanted a Raid Boss that doesn't constantly die in under a minute.
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Freud's Lackey
Freud, the android

Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the loot center of a Raid Boss?

You must be gifted with patience to be tenacious enough to find out for realsies Anyway, well done

Put an end to videogaming harassment

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel: You have my curiosity...
Freud's Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #5
poisoned
i Pee on your Bee

so, if you throw constant Scorns or other Slagging you could do it in ~ 43 minutes
poisoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #6
robarcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh1t3kn1te View Post
your lucky he didnt disappear, tried it thay way three times and all three times he disappeared on me. congrats
Well, there was a worm that spawned near the entrance where I was hiding, so the combat was always on. That made Gee stay close and not wander to the far end and disappear. He did disappear on my first attempt, but luckily just within two minutes after I hid, so no big deal.
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #7
theApocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsabot View Post
Gee, I dunno.

Maybe they wanted a Raid Boss that doesn't constantly die in under a minute.
Then they should have put some effort into designing them with TEAM play in mind rather than basing difficulty on their health pools and cheap shots.
theApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #8
robarcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by theApocalypse View Post
Then they should have put some effort into designing them with TEAM play in mind rather than basing difficulty on their health pools and cheap shots.
Yep. Right now, if you don't use an infinity, you will pretty much run out of ammo during the fight. He has that much health. Not cool. At least his worms shouldn't be that strong, if he is that strong. His worms have 39 miilion health points. Why Gearbox, why?
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #9
Helsabot
Divine Flakker of Justice

Send a message via Skype™ to Helsabot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theApocalypse View Post
Takes less than 10 minutes to solo him, and he is a team play oriented invincible; individual player in co-op can mess up the fight or get teammates killed.
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Freud's Lackey
Freud, the android

Quote:
Originally Posted by robarcool View Post
Yep. Right now, if you don't use an infinity, you will pretty much run out of ammo during the fight. He has that much health. Not cool. At least his worms shouldn't be that strong, if he is that strong. His worms have 39 miilion health points. Why Gearbox, why?
Slagging helps soften up those spongy worms, then use fire to finish them off. They're still annoying, but not as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsabot View Post
Takes less than 10 minutes to solo him, and he is a team play oriented invincible; individual player in co-op can mess up the fight or get teammates killed.
Gee is the most fun Invincible to fight with a team IMO. Lots of coordination and cooperation. Inappropriate joking with eachother over the microphone makes it even more fun, but that's optional.

Put an end to videogaming harassment

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel: You have my curiosity...
Freud's Lackey is offline   Reply With Quote