The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

View Poll Results: Thoughts on Bloodsplosion?
Is Broken. Should be balanced 76 19.10%
Is Broken. Shouldn't Be Balanced though 84 21.11%
Isnt Broken 114 28.64%
Indifferent 46 11.56%
BLT with soup. 78 19.60%
Voters: 398. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 21st, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Gothalion
I Used to Moderate Here.

Default Is Blood Splosion completely and totally BROKEN? (Maybe Absolutely Broken?)

Before we start. This is not a call for nerf. I do not personally think it should be altered. But I think functionality warrant discussion.

In this video my Bad Ass Rank is OFF.

Im using a Class mod, a Level 8 Slag Grenade, and a WHITE SHIELD that I found in a vendor while running in.

Lets face it gang. The ability is broken. It needs a ceiling on the splosion damage. It completely trivializes boss content (and no the encounters themselves are not perfect either).

Anyone who tries to convince themselves otherwise is really reaching. Holding on tight to the SPLODES. Yes. Its fun. But its broken. More broken than the bee ever was. Heck. Its close to how broken evil smasher was. Is it a bug? No. Is it a massive oversight? Yes, I believe so. An oversight just like original amp damage was. The main issue is that the people who test content are not the core dedicated audience who would think about SPLODING things. You cannot use the "it made it in, it must be intended".

Fact is, we likely know Borderlands better than Gearbox does. No. We definitely do. They coded it thinking it would be cool and splodey. And it is. But its also completely broken and trivializes raid content.

Currently 3 out of five bosses can be sploded as you can see below.

Terra

Voracidous

And Another Pete

Last edited by Gothalion; May 22nd, 2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Freud's Lackey
Freud, the android

Default Re: Blood Splosion is completely and totally BROKEN (Also Absolutely Broken)

Yup. Next patch hopefully was already planned to be devoted to Krieg balance/optimization.

Put an end to videogaming harassment

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel: You have my curiosity...
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:17 PM   #3
DesecratedFlame
banned

Default Re: Blood Splosion is completely and totally BROKEN (Also Absolutely Broken)

Why would they want to nerf a character they are trying to sell separately?
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:18 PM   #4
GSenjou
Ultimate BA Prinny, dood!

inb4 "if you don't like it, don't use it"
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Gothalion
I Used to Moderate Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesecratedFlame View Post
Why would they want to nerf a character they are trying to sell separately?
They wouldnt. Thats the issue here.

It would hurt sales.

But on the other side of the coin, this ability is worse than original amp damage ever was. EVER EVER EVER. The about of gear "needed" is so laughable and the amoung of focus and talent necessary to pull it off is so miniscule that its far far worse than amp was. And that got patched. Quickly. Because it trivialized Raid content. And Randy himself said that bosses were not intended to be killed in seconds because of a single item. I'd say the same could be same about a single skill.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSenjou View Post
inb4 "if you don't like it, don't use it"
This argument is for anyone who wants to ignore the precedent set by things that were less broken, but patched.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Freud's Lackey
Freud, the android

Oh no, we are not turning another thread into a nerfing riot.

Just a wake up call drawing attention to the devs.
I hope.

Put an end to videogaming harassment

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel: You have my curiosity...
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:20 PM   #7
GigaGamerXP

Cant you SPLODE Hyperious?
51 Psycho melee killer
PSN:mulisk

My trading post =3
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:22 PM   #8
skullvarnish
Brick the prettiest Siren

It is broken, but it is not even close to touching the Evil Smasher in term of broke-ness.

The Evil Smasher allowed every character to do this, making skill trees irrelevant in every way. And you could just go in and kill any Raid without even having to set anything up (besides of course the initial 2 minutes of dicking around with the Smasher). Then you went in and killed the Raid in literally 5 seconds.

I fully agree that it's broken. Hell, NKLOK caps, why doesn't this? But it's not even close to the Evil Smasher.

PSN: skullvarnish
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:23 PM   #9
Gothalion
I Used to Moderate Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigaGamerXP View Post
Cant you SPLODE Hyperious?
Um. I believe it to be possible. THe shielding is an issue. If bots have shields hyperius doesnt, but then his is up he cant be sploded. The shields absorp a lot of damage. I widdles all the bots down to about 2% and popped one with full roid/rapier and it got hyperius to around 30%.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullvarnish View Post
I fully agree that it's broken. Hell, NKLOK caps, why doesn't this? But it's not even close to the Evil Smasher.
Well. I only say it because that required you use the weapon. But I suppose yes, in the way you put it youre correct.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:24 PM   #10
Man of Low Moral Fiber
banned

You can also draw los robutts into his arena with a low level singularity nade.

Closed Thread