The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:29 AM   #1
andyhern900

Default krieg's backstory *possible spoilers*

There have been rumors and theories about his back story and the one about him being Tiny Tina's dad seems pretty good. However I think he his one of the people who was tortured alongside Patricia Tannis according to her ECHO tapes you find in the mission "torture chairs" I believe it's called. His inner voice says "she" a lot and he's looking for someone. Maybe the 'she' is Tannis because according to the recordings they cared for each other. I don't know but that's my idea.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
andyhern900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #2
GDT1985
Call me Gary

Default Re: krieg's backstory *possible spoilers*

Aren't the other victims just imaginary "ceiling chairs" that Tannis thought up?
GDT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #3
andyhern900

Could be. I haven't played the mission in a long time so you're probably right
andyhern900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #4
Certified 'Zerker
Thread Killer

This is the most plausible theory I've heard yet.
Certified 'Zerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:07 AM   #5
freaky172

personally i like the idea that Krieg is whats BEHIND Jacks mask.
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #6
DatRandomGuy
Zombies ate my homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaky172 View Post
personally i like the idea that Krieg is whats BEHIND Jacks mask.
Krieg is actually Ugly Mac, he killed Jack and stole his mask.

Banner by AlexKidd

Gamertag: Drokash
DatRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:37 AM   #7
Mad_Ash
Muton with Heavy Plasma

Actually Krieg is Atlas admiral Mikey! When Professor Nakayama poisoned the CEO of Atlas he also stole Mickey's body to experiment on with slag. Along with successful resurrection slag caused unnatural growth of body mass and brain cells explaining how Krieg is now adult in body and 'inner voice' smartness. Sadly his death corrupted his memories about the first life events. Most importantly is the corruption of memories about the General Knoxx being a woman, quote "Where is she? Is she still alive? Did she get away?" is a clear that he remembers the fact that Knoxx was fighting group of bandits (4 original vault hunters) which followed with a explosion of whole armory. EchoCast Tweet "KiLL the BANdiTs kILL tHem KiLL HYPERIon gEt ReVENGE" states that Krieg understands what happened to him and that he wants to "avenge" the death of his friend Knoxx by killing bandits. Also memory corruption cleared the fact who really killed him so he just ends up killing everybody who shoots him.
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #8
Digwiid
Master of Disguise

When is the story trailer coming out.
I want this "Krieg is Tina's dad" crap to stop already.
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #9
MuzzledTuna

The Krieg is Tina's dad nonsense get's old, it is not a good theory. Has no one looked at the table during the tea party quests? The seats are labeled, fleshstick's seat being labeled "evil bastard that killed my parents". That along with 50 other references in that quest line saying her parents where killed.

The Tannis thing seems just like another longshot guess, and when you read the echo's from the torture's, it makes zero sense.

Quote:
http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Torture_Chairs

"Phillipe - I, I just - Phillipe was so brave. He was so brave for me when the rotary saws began to ply the legs from his body. Clork cried out for his brother, even when one of the torturers inadvertently sat on him and muffled his cries. The last list Phillipe said before he passed on to the great wooden beyond was 'I love you, Patty. I love you.' And then he was gone."
Note the quest name, torture CHAIRS, and it mentioned the great wooden beyond after having his leg's cut off. It is pretty common sense it was chairs getting tortured, and Clork his brother getting SAT on to muffle his cries?

So now we're to assume Krieg used to be a chair before Hyperion experimented on him? Damn that slag can do some crazy stuff!

Seriously, can we stop making random guesses now? At least go back and re-read/listen to the echo's before you make guesses >.>

Last edited by MuzzledTuna; May 26th, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
MuzzledTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #10
soup of the day
Cool & Good person

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledTuna View Post
The Krieg is Tina's dad nonsense get's old, it is not a good theory. Has no one looked at the table during the tea party quests? The seats are labeled, fleshstick's seat being labeled "evil bastard that killed my parents". That along with 50 other references in that quest line saying her parents where killed.

The Tannis thing seems just like another longshot guess, and when you read the echo's from the torture's, it makes zero sense.

Note the quest name, torture CHAIRS, and it mentioned the great wooden beyond after having his leg's cut off. It is pretty common sense it was chairs getting tortured, and Clork his brother getting SAT on to muffle his cries?

So now we're to assume Krieg used to be a chair before Hyperion experimented on him? Damn that slag can do some crazy stuff!

Seriously, can we stop making random guesses now? At least go back and re-read/listen to the echo's before you make guesses >.>
I wouldn't mind being Tannis's chair
-Street fight record: 9 wins no losses, fighting style is a mix of Greco-Roman with MMA and Yuri-fu
-Summa Cuum Laude from prestigious Education Connection school with plans for Masters
-Colonel James Rhodes from Iron Man 3 based on me
soup of the day is offline   Reply With Quote