The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #1
demon5405

Default Pyro Pete's drop rate

I have killed Pyro Pete hundreds of times in TVHM and gotten a lot of legendaries from him. I've gotten multiple at once. One time I got two WTF shields from one kill. Now I get nothing in UVHM. I've farmed him about 100 times. I've gotten three legendary items. (None actually guns) I've also gotten one pearlescent, but they suck. What is his drop rate in UVHM?
demon5405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Dubs22

Default Re: Pyro Pete's drop rate

awful... just awful; they made him be able to drop seraph items, and i think they nerfed his legendary drop rate really low, i dont know stats unfortunately, but you'll have a better time with loot midgets for legendaries and pearls
Dubs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #3
ValuedUniform43

Still one of the best chances in this game to get a legendary. Let's just say Random is Random.
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #4
shredifier
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs22 View Post
awful... just awful; they made him be able to drop seraph items, and i think they nerfed his legendary drop rate really low, i dont know stats unfortunately, but you'll have a better time with loot midgets for legendaries and pearls
If they have nerfed his legendary drop rate i will be totally disgusted and disappointed, but to be quite honest it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest with the way they love to nerf things
Will have to wait until we get official word to see if its true, or if someone can verify by doing lots of test runs
shredifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #5
DatRandomGuy
Zombies ate my homework.

Just do the loot midget method at the Wildlife. It's easier, doesn't cost eridium and you can get pearlescents.

Banner by AlexKidd

Gamertag: Drokash
DatRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #6
skullvarnish
Brick the prettiest Siren

He drops stuff fine for me, you're unlucky.

PSN: skullvarnish
skullvarnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #7
Gestalt Intellect
Anarchist Girlfriend

He doesn't want to give me anything on UVHM either. I was really disappointed because I thought he was pretty much the saving grace of level 50, but for UVHM I guess it'll take more effort than a few Pete runs to make it any less of a miserable slog.
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #8
Imit8m3

Today I got a baby maker, bouncing Bonnie & O-neg in a single fight. So he does still have a chance to drop goodies. Just not as high a chance anymore
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #9
LayDownNtrafik
Resident Theorist

I've farmed him enough to get 370 Seraph Crystals (I think he drops 10-12 per kill) from him alone. One level 61 Slagga is all I have found from him. This seems low compared to what I have heard in UVHM. I never bothered farming him in UVHM so I have nothing to compare it to. Definitely not what I was thinking it would be. Perhaps it is just random is random though.

"Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless, it is not hopeless. It is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of almighty God, and it is to change the world." -Jeffrey R. Holland
LayDownNtrafik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #10
Geotpf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatRandomGuy View Post
Just do the loot midget method at the Wildlife. It's easier, doesn't cost eridium and you can get pearlescents.
Yeah, unless you are looking for something specific (like killing Hellquist for The Bee), farming anything other than the LLMs strikes me as a waste of time at this point (assuming you are in UVHM). If you are just looking for good loot in general, LLMs are the way to go, IMHO. Easy to kill, very farmable, good drop rates.
Geotpf is offline   Reply With Quote