The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old June 4th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Homedawg1
Exalted Member

Default Guide to Legendary Loot Midgets - Now with a Guide Video!

LEGENDARY LOOT MIDGETS

GUIDE

GUIDE VIDEO

DESCRIPTION

VARIANTS

FARMING TIPS

KNOWN GLITCHES

MISCELLANEOUS

GUIDE VIDEO

DESCRIPTION

Legendary Loot Midgets are variants of Loot Midgets, but they are only in UVHM. Legendary Loot Midgets are located in most locations, because they burst out of some containers. The containers that may have the highest chance of spawning a Legendary Loot Midget are large boxes and small Bandit crates. Of course, other containers can spawn them too, like lockers, Hyperion ammo crates, Dahl ammo crates, etc., but some have a higher chance. Legendary Loot Midgets have an increased drop rate for all non-unique Legendary items. This means they can drop any Legendary item except the Norfleet, Longbow, Hide of Terramorphous, Breath of Terramorphous, Slayer of Terramorphous, and the Flame of the Firehawk. It has also be observed that they drops shields very rarely.Legendary Loot Midgets can also drop all 8 Pearlescent weapons: Butcher, Sawbar, Bearcat, Storm, Tunguska, Avenger, Stalker, Unforgiven, Carnage, Bekah, Godfinger, and the Wanderlust. In addition to Legendary items and Pearlescent weapons, Legendary Loot Midgets can also drop E-Tech Relics. There are four kinds of E-Tech Relics: Blood of the Ancients, Bones of the Ancients, Heart of the Ancients, and Skin of the Ancients. Overall, Legendary Loot Midgets have a high chance of dropping a good item. In fact, they seem to drop Legendary and Pearlescent items more than all other rarities combined.

Overall, Legendary Loot Midgets are difficult enemies, some variants more than others. The whole point of loot midgets is to surprise the player, potentially when they are low-health and looking for ammo and health packs. There are many kinds of Legendary Loot Midgets, more rare than others, and they change based on what kind of enemies are in the area.

HYPERION LEGENDARY LOOT MIDGETS - These Legendary Loot Midgets can only spawn in maps where Hyperion enemies are located.

-Legendary Loot Midget Engineer
-Legendary Loot Midget Engineer (Combat)
-Legendary Loot Wee GUN Loader
-Legendary Loot Wee JET Loader
-Legendary Loot Wee WAR Loader

BANDIT LEGENDARY LOOT MIDGETS (Need info) - These Legendary Loot Midgets can only spawn in maps where Bandits are located.

-Legendary Loot Midget Marauder (Pic)
-Legendary Loot Midget Nomad
-Legendary Loot Midget Psycho
-Legendary Loot Midget Rat (Pic)
-Legendary Loot Midget Goliath
--Legendary Raging Loot Midget Goliath
---Legendary Badass Loot Midget Goliath
----Legendary Super Badass Loot Midget Goliath
-----Legendary Ultimate Badass Loot Midget Goliath
------Legendary Midget GOD-Liath

SPECIAL LOOT MIDGETS

-Jimmy J3NKN5 (Pic)

FARMING TIPS

WILDLIFE EXPLOITATION PRESERVE

1 - Have the mission Doctor's Orders active. This will increase the spawn rate of Legendary Loot Midgets for certain containers in the map. Do not collect the Slag Notes.

-If you aren't getting Legendary Loot Midgets in any of the four boxes, pick up one of the Slag Notes and try again. This excludes the Slag Note in the room with the Legendary Loot Midgets, leave that one there.

2 - Have the mission Animal Rights active. I know it sucks not to get the Trespasser, but this will make farming easier. Having this mission active will lower the amount of enemies in the map. Do not release the creatures.

3 (Requires the Creature Slaughter Dome DLC) - Before you fast travel to the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, load the game in Normal mode. This will eliminate any challenges whatsoever when getting to the Natural Selection Annex. When you get to the Annex, enter it, save and quit, and then load the game in UVHM. Then exit the Annex, and keep farming.

4 (Requires the Creature Slaughter Dome DLC) - When you reach the Annex, enter it, and exit it. Then, continue on your way to the Legendary Loot Midget room. Now, when you save and quit, you will spawn in the Preserve, but by the entrance to the Annex. Repeat this process every time you finish a farming run.

-If you still respawn at the start of the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, make sure you have actually discovered the Natural Selection Annex.

THOUSAND CUTS

1 - Have the mission Defend Slab Tower active. This will prevent almost all Bandits from spawning, despite the occasional bandit appearing out of a door when you walk by. Do not pick up the Slab Beacons. Once you have this mission active, just open up every container you see, except maybe small safes and lockboxes.

-Some people say they get more Legendary Loot Midgets when there are other bandits around, so you can also try not accepting this mission.

-An example of farming statistics in Thousand Cuts

SAWTOOTH CAULDRON

1 - One of the best places to farm Legendary Loot Midgets in this map is to the right, when you first enter the map. Go down there, clear out all of the bandits first, and then open all the containers. The small white Bandit crates have the highest chance of spawning Legendary Loot Midgets, so be sure to open those.

2 - First off, do not activate the respawn point near the entrance of the cave. If you find any Legendary Loot Midgets, kill them all, get any loot, then kill yourself. When you respawn at the Fast Travel station, exit the map, and reenter it. If done properly, all of the normal bandits in the area to the right will be dead, and all the Legendary Loot Midgets will be alive, and walking around. Kill them again, and repeat the process.

-If you do activate the spawn point by the cave, you will have to walk all the way back up to the entrance of the map, exit, and reenter.

KNOWN GLITCHES

-It is a common problem for players not to be able to spawn in the Natural Selection Annex. This can be solved by actually discovering the location, meaning you have to go into the dome.
-Occasionally, in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, some of the Legendary Loot Midgets will glitch into the walls, ceiling, etc. and get stuck there. Sometimes, they fall right back down , other times, they become inaccessible.
-It is also a common problem for items to fall through the floor in some locations. This can be fixed on PC.

MISCELLANEOUS

-You cannot shoot the limbs off of Loot Midgets.
-All human Loot Midgets wear the same mask.
-It seems safe to assume that leveling up a Legendary Loot Midget Goliath to the stage of Legendary Midget GOD-Liath will increase the chance of getting good items.
-In Normal Mode and TVHM, Loot Midgets also have a high chance of dropping Legendary items, but they cannot drop Pearlescent weapons or E-Tech Relics.
-Contributors to this page are as follows: Banchi, BeastlyHusla, DarkBeowulf, Gh0st Ninja, Helsabot, meetbawls, Orionz Destiny, redsector, Stundo

Last edited by Homedawg1; December 12th, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
Homedawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #2
BeastlyHusla
King WZRD

Default Re: Guide to Legendary Loot Midgets

FYI: Having 0/4 slag notes doesn't always work. If this does happen, pick up a slag note. Preferably the echo reader located, just before the area to Pimon/Tumbaa.

Not sure if this has been fixed or not. But if you're having trouble using the CSD as a spawn point. While doing the main story line mission for WEP, there is 3 slag samples located before(reaching tumba/pimon in the small rom with a few chests) and around the area to CSD fast travel. Pick these up and it should let you use CSD as a spawn point.
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Homedawg1
Exalted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastlyHusla View Post
FYI: Having 0/4 slag notes doesn't always work. If this does happen, pick up a slag note. Preferably the echo reader located, just before the area to Pimon/Tumbaa.

Not sure if this has been fixed or not. But if you're having trouble using the CSD as a spawn point. While doing the main story line mission for WEP, there is 3 slag samples located before(reaching tumba/pimon in the small rom with a few chests) and around the area to CSD fast travel. Pick these up and it should let you use CSD as a spawn point.
Thank you.
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Banchi

There is a thread "loot midget nomads" or something along those lines with pics of llm nomads, rats and as of this morning goliaths that I posted to it. I'm on my phone but u should me able to search it. I have also seen a llm psycho but no pic. They were all found as far as I know within sawtooth cauldron. The area near boombringer. I have thousands of kills in TC and have never seen anything but marauders there. Also "rockos modern strife" is the mission u want active in TC. Do not talk to rocko and no enemies.
Banchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Homedawg1
Exalted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi View Post
There is a thread "loot midget nomads" or something along those lines with pics of llm nomads, rats and as of this morning goliaths that I posted to it. I'm on my phone but u should me able to search it. I have also seen a llm psycho but no pic. They were all found as far as I know within sawtooth cauldron. The area near boombringer. I have thousands of kills in TC and have never seen anything but marauders there. Also "rockos modern strife" is the mission u want active in TC. Do not talk to rocko and no enemies.
What does that mission do? I know that Defend Slab Tower disables all bandit spawns.
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #6
Banchi

I'm not sure what defend slab tower is... Rockos modern strife first objective is talk to rocko at the hut as soon as u fast travel in. If u don't speak to him and that objective is open there will be no bandits. Only the one armed dude and midget spawns in Loot objects. That's the method I've seen all over these forums and online since the day they were introduced. The mission is given by brick after the story mission is complete
Banchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #7
meetbawlz
Zerkaholic

I found that more loot midgets spawn when more bandits are around. I went to Thousand cuts without any missions active for that area. I ran through the usual bandits that spawned and took a little longer to get to the buzzard factory, but 3 to 5 midgets jumped out everytime. I then got a tip to have rockos modern strife active, went to Thousand cuts, and had the place to myself. I farmed the area about ten to 15 times and only had 1 or 2 midgets jump out each run.
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #8
Homedawg1
Exalted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbawlz View Post
I found that more loot midgets spawn when more bandits are around. I went to Thousand cuts without any missions active for that area. I ran through the usual bandits that spawned and took a little longer to get to the buzzard factory, but 3 to 5 midgets jumped out everytime. I then got a tip to have rockos modern strife active, went to Thousand cuts, and had the place to myself. I farmed the area about ten to 15 times and only had 1 or 2 midgets jump out each run.
I have heard that from other people too. I will add it.
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #9
Sophia Hyakato
Pandora's Butterfly

Can I just say thank you in advance? This is awesome and is sure to help me out (I haven't seen a single one in several hours on UVHM).
Sophia Hyakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #10
Homedawg1
Exalted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia Hyakato View Post
Can I just say thank you in advance? This is awesome and is sure to help me out (I haven't seen a single one in several hours on UVHM).
Your welcome, I'm glad I can help someone out.