The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1
DesecratedFlame
banned

Default Krieg Build

So this is the build I am shooting for with Krieg. I assume it is pretty standard. I dislike melee so I will be using it with a Crunch mod, Torgue weapons, tossed Axes. The tossed axe damage does scale with melee damage, right? Any other thoughts or suggestions?
DesecratedFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Taverius
SWORDSPLOSION!!!

Default Re: Krieg Build

Gonna have trouble keeping any amount of Bloodlust stacks up without Boiling Blood, since tossed Buzz Axe Bombardier axe kills don't grant bonus bloodlust stacks, and you're not building them up with DoTs.

Also, dislike melee -> StV 5 and others -> What?
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #3
DesecratedFlame
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taverius View Post
Gonna have trouble keeping any amount of Bloodlust stacks up without Boiling Blood, since tossed Buzz Axe Bombardier axe kills don't grant bonus bloodlust stacks, and you're not building them up with DoTs.

Also, dislike melee -> StV 5 and others -> What?
Hence why I asked if thrown axes are affected by melee damage.
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #4
El_Smurf55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taverius View Post
I agree here, I run a very similar build, but with points in Boiling blood to keep the stacks up. I assume you use Torgue guns along side, which don't get DoT to reach and maintain 100points. my suggestion is to take the 5 points out of Blood overdrive (it loses much of its utility when releasing the beasts since you take a few precious seconds to transform)
with a Crunch class mod you can mele kill 1 or 2 enemies and then keep the stacks up with thrown axes.

I also am ok with 1 point in Blood Trance, but no more. it's a massive redundancy on release the beast, which allows you to almost constantly be in BxR if you so chose. (the longer duration kills me more than helps me)

Last edited by El_Smurf55; June 24th, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
El_Smurf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #5
DesecratedFlame
banned

I want to swap between melee strikes, gunfire (ravager), and grenades. When in BXR I plan to spam the axe throw. I will be using the FotFH shield so that just handle dots.
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #6
iBayonet
theory crafter

.Remove Buzzaxe bomb. It turns your ax into Grenade damage and Constructers and most bosses resist grenade damage.

.Take the StV points and put into boiling blood

.Take 1 Point into EtP and put it into TotK

Other than those points its a solid build

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

.Remove Buzzaxe bomb. It turns your ax into Grenade damage and Constructers and most bosses resist grenade damage.

Mechromancer DT Tank go here http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...96#post3555396
iBayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #7
DesecratedFlame
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBayonet View Post

Why would I not want it to be grenade damage? Since I am going for an explosive build, BAB should get all the boosts from that, right? And if I take a point out of Embrace the Pain, I won't be able to put a Thrill of the Kill.

I was hoping that I could get melee bonuses and explosive damage from the throw axes. Does it not work that way?
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #8
Vcverde
FFYL Expert

Staying as close to your build as possible I would ditch Blood Overdrive and Blood Trance.

Blood Trance can hurt because too many times have I been stuck in rampage mode when I wished I could have activated RtB for a full health.

Blood Overdrive probably will not see too much action, honestly. With the two trees your build is spec'd in you will be in and out rampage most of the time.

I would slightly adjust your build to something like this:

http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html...55100000000000

Also, I would get a rocket AR (I prefer Vladof) to force yourself into RtB when needed.

Last edited by Vcverde; June 24th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.
Vcverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #9
iBayonet
theory crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesecratedFlame View Post
Why would I not want it to be grenade damage? Since I am going for an explosive build, BAB should get all the boosts from that, right? And if I take a point out of Embrace the Pain, I won't be able to put a Thrill of the Kill.

I was hoping that I could get melee bonuses and explosive damage from the throw axes. Does it not work that way?
Yes but I am saying alot of the bosses and constructers are resistant to BAB and treats it as a grenade and not melee. On mobbing it would be great. And keep EtP meant to say salt the wound. My mistake for the confusion. I can 5 shot constructers with my Axe as a crit If I dont spec BAB.

Mechromancer DT Tank go here http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...96#post3555396
iBayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #10
DesecratedFlame
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcverde View Post
Staying as close to your build as possible I would ditch Blood Overdrive and Blood Trance.

Blood Trance can hurt because too many times have I been stuck in rampage mode when I wished I could have activated RtB for a full health.

Blood Overdrive probably will not see too much action, honestly. With the two trees your build is spec'd in you will be in and out rampage most of the time.

I would slightly adjust your build to something like this:

http://www.bl2skills.com/psycho.html...55100000000000

Also, I would get a rocket AR (I prefer Vladof) to force yourself into RtB when needed.
You don't think the FotFH will be enough to keep up stacks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBayonet View Post
Yes but I am saying alot of the bosses and constructers are resistant to BAB and treats it as a grenade and not melee. On mobbing it would be great. And keep EtP meant to say salt the wound. My mistake for the confusion. I can 5 shot constructers with my Axe as a crit If I dont spec BAB.
I am going to be co-oping with a Maya. I was planning on using the BAB axes to explode things caught in converge and Ruin to take advantage of Bloodsplosion. To be honest, I will probably use a harold on bosses.