The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #1
DeadH34d

Default The Lair of Infinite Agony Rage Quit

I'm hoping its cause I'm sleep deprived and just missing something obvious, but how the hell do you get past the floor puzzle in the dungeons? I keep getting squished against the ceiling and the floor, and I'm getting tired of losing money to respawns. I've made it this far in to the dlc without dying much, but this section just keeps kicking my ass. Anybody able to help me?

Edit: scratch that, I got past it... after dying about 15 times.
Assassin lvl 51
Psycho lvl 54
Mechro lvl 26
Soldier lvl 20
Steam: Deadh34d
Assassin lvl 24
Soldier lvl 15

Last edited by DeadH34d; June 25th, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #2
gamjuven

Default Re: The Lair of Infinite Agony Rage Quit

Yeah I hate that so much. It's so stupid. At least with the jump quest and the puzzle quest you have the option to skip. But not this. I always die 4-5 times before I finally make it through. You really just have to wait and watch the platforms so that every other one is doing the opposite. So if the first platform is going down, the 2nd one is going up. Then you may be able to get past.

It is very annoying though, and I still die. I appreciated the tribute but it's no fun to keep dying and wasting time trying to get past. Once you beat it one time there are ways to get around the labyrinth without having to do it again.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #3
PwrStryke

I smashed myself a few times there, had to go back to Mario Brothers mindset and watch the thing to develop a rythm. Wait until all of them hit the top at the same time, then jump on the first one immediately when it comes down, maybe the second time it comes down, can't recall for sure. But it is one of those two that gives you the best odds. Ride up, drop down, ride up, drop down, sprint...
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #4
Kboo521
I'm King Of The Pirates

I thought it was easy, was a simple pattern really, learned it as i went on it
Old June 26th, 2013, 03:53 AM   #5
EnlightenedConcepts
Altair de Firen

Took me two tries the first time. Make full use of the area (go above and below the platforms, etc) and be careful, Ig.
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #6
tycakit
Stranger in strange land

Location: Wandering around Skyrim in my Spartan Mark VI armor

This is completely crap. It wouldn't be so difficult if the platforms kept moving at a constant speed instead of changing just so that you get squished or give us a speed shrine! They need to fix it or start giving out refunds.
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #7
lopham2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycakit View Post
This is completely crap. It wouldn't be so difficult if the platforms kept moving at a constant speed instead of changing just so that you get squished or give us a speed shrine! They need to fix it or start giving out refunds.
Folks have trouble with this? Me and a buddy did this in one shot and then went back and did it again in order to get a challenge (Spoiler: vault symbol). You guys must have not played a lot of super mario games. Also each platform had its own speed, but they were constant. It is all about rhythm...nothing too difficult about jumping on a platform and then jumping off that platform onto another one when it is close to the ceiling.

Lol, as soon as people get to anything that is even trivial in difficulty, they scream FIX IT GBX!!
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #8
CardGamesAreMagic

Guess I got lucky and ran straight through it the first time haha Just gotta get the timing just right.
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #9
Blackstar halo
RD is best ponee

I lost over 20 mil on this
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #10
ILL WILL
!LLest MotherF✡✡ker Alive

Location: An Unknown location making Raid Bosses scream "PLZ,NO MORE"

Yea, it's a pain in the ass, gotta get it just right or it's squishy time, I had a hard time getting through with Krieg, think I died like 5 times before I got it, only once with Sal, since well he's a midget.

GIVE ME YOUR DAMN LOOT!!!

Closed Thread