The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old July 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Greenlexluther

Default Demonic Sorcerer ancient red dragon

So like many before me I am struggling with this last part, all thanks to another over powered flying enemy that resists my main damage element (fire).

I tried the old run off the top of the tower to pull him away and kill him, dispatched him and ran to the teleporter, only to find an ancient red dragon is still flying around 2 shotting me with no warning.

So I just can't finish this fight, the sorcerer himself is very easy and just takes a little time to kill, but the dragons pretty much insta gib you.

Greenlexluther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #2
DeadlyRacoon76

Default Re: Demonic Sorcerer ancient red dragon

Is this the one he spawns? It should die when he dies.

DeadlyRacoon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #3
ExCerberus
Retired Anti-Elitist

If you kill the dragon while you're in the arena, he won't summon another one, even if you die. Your best bet, then, is just to get a decent shock weapon (as it's weak to shock iirc) and focus entirely on the Ancient Red Dragon until it's dead. The fight is pretty simple after that.

Interestingly enough, a good shock weapon would also help with the Demonic Sorcerer himself, as I think he's also vulnerable to shock.
ExCerberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #4
crush1 one

what toon are you using? I found in this order shock = handsome......fire for #2 .... corrosive for the demonic.. as far as the dragon goes... if you are a siren go cataclysm and mation get cataclysm and thoughtlock then when the demonic sorcerer throws the green dragons phase lock one of them then everything focuses on the lil dragons and you are free to pepper at will
crush1 one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #5
formedgraph079

Or just zer0 or sal 1 shot him
Old July 4th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #6
ungreth
Froth of The Wyrm

Ignore the dragon. Focus on the sorcerer. Jump around a lot. DPUH + Slag.
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #7
Twisted Kills

If anybody is willing to help me kill him, you can have all the loot he drops. Im on UVHM and die within 10 seconds of going up there due to the ancient dragon. My Gamertag is Twisted Kills.
Twisted Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #8
Qbertos55
COT Butt Stallion Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungreth View Post
This.

Or you can use Bee plus shock weapon, then fire, then back to shock weapon again on his 3rd form.

Sandhawks work great if you have them.

Are you on PS3/Xbox or PC?

Unveiling RNG: A Survey of Drop RatesUnveiling RNG: The Database
Maya OP8 x2 / Salvador OP8 / Axton 68 / Gaige 38 / & my Army of Mules
Qbertos55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #9
Pitabred
MONKEYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungreth View Post
Seconded. As long as you're moving (in a pretty big area, not just side to side), the ancient dragon won't nail you too hard. Use the ammo shrines if you have to, generally ignore the little dragons unless you get into FFYL. I usually just hit them with slag and a few other bullets to whittle them down to about half so they're easier to kill if the time comes. I have actually found that the Bee is a darn good shield to be using against him, since you can usually keep running and not take much damage. Hit and run tactics, basically. Florentine = beastly against him
Pitabred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #10
petexnasty

This ass does one of two things:

Ignores me and let's me burn down the sorc

Or

Doesn't let up attacking. Period. Teleport in, get hit down to the health gate, DoT burns me to FFYL. As I get a second wind, another fireball is already en route and undodgable. Combined with the occasional super aggressive small dragons and the fact their attacks are completely silent apparently, sometimes these boss kills take me 5+ deaths before I can even land a hit in the last phase.

I hate flying enemies. I hate the health gate. I hate the fact this dude has dropped 0 useful items in close to 50 kills, even all the car skins are already unlocked.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitabred View Post
Seconded. As long as you're moving (in a pretty big area, not just side to side), the ancient dragon won't nail you too hard. Use the ammo shrines if you have to, generally ignore the little dragons unless you get into FFYL. I usually just hit them with slag and a few other bullets to whittle them down to about half so they're easier to kill if the time comes. I have actually found that the Bee is a darn good shield to be using against him, since you can usually keep running and not take much damage. Hit and run tactics, basically. Florentine = beastly against him
Dodging dont help when he sits in front of you and breathes fire :/
petexnasty is offline   Reply With Quote