The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old July 5th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #1
ElementalFiend

Default Can't play Tiny Tina DLC

The situation:
2 Xbox 360s
2 copies of Borderlands 2
1 Season Pass tied to my account

On "Xbox A" I purchase and install all DLC using my account. Everyone who plays BL2 on "Xbox A" can access the DLC content with no problems.

On "Xbox B" I can successfully download and install all the DLC through the main menu. However, when I try access any content in game via quick travel there is a * next to the name it it tries to get me to re-purchase the content.

How can I fix this?
As I understand it, anyone should be able to access my DLC on the original system I bought it on, and I should be able to access the DLC on ANY other xbox as long as its my account.
ElementalFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #2
oui12343

Default Re: Can't play Tiny Tina DLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalFiend View Post
The situation:
2 Xbox 360s
2 copies of Borderlands 2
1 Season Pass tied to my account

On "Xbox A" I purchase and install all DLC using my account. Everyone who plays BL2 on "Xbox A" can access the DLC content with no problems.

On "Xbox B" I can successfully download and install all the DLC through the main menu. However, when I try access any content in game via quick travel there is a * next to the name it it tries to get me to re-purchase the content.

How can I fix this?
As I understand it, anyone should be able to access my DLC on the original system I bought it on, and I should be able to access the DLC on ANY other xbox as long as its my account.
do you have the season pass downloaded
oui12343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 02:22 AM   #3
Riviet
Ultimate Badass Forumite

Default Re: Can't play Tiny Tina DLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalFiend View Post
You will not be able to access DLC on any other console except for the one you made the original purchase on; this is due to the way licensing works.

Simply put, there are two components: the part attached to your profile and the part attached to the console. You need both to be happening in order to be able to access the DLC that you purchased.

Signing in to a profile on another console and downloading the content on to that console does not install the console component of the license on that console (which will still be on the original console).

If you want console B to additionally have access to the DLC, you'll need another profile to purchase the DLC while signed in on console B.
We ask that you treat your fellow forum members with respect. Disparaging comments towards other members will not be tolerated. If you can't say something that contributes to a thread, it's best that you don't post. When you disagree with someone, you discuss your differences in a calm and civil manner and take the matter to private message should it begin to derail conversation in the thread. In short, donít be a jerk.

Submit a Gearbox Support Request

Last edited by Riviet; July 5th, 2013 at 02:24 AM.
Riviet is offline   Reply With Quote