The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #1
sansalterego

Default Torgue vending machine lvl

Hi all,
On my first playthrough about to start the last mission. In the mean time I decided to try out the the DLC and got a season pass. So I tried out Mr Torgue's DLC for fun. I think I tried the DLC when I was lvl 24 or something. Now my toon is lvl33 but when I go back to the DLC the vending machines offer only lvl 22 items. Interested in getting an orange item for the first time (even though I don't have enough tokens right now).
So how does the system work? Is it based on the level that youare on the first time you enter the area? If so If I go to a different location will those vending machines offer items at my current level?

The concept of 1st playthrough, TVHM and UVHM will apply for DLC missions too? i.e. once I finish my last mission in the main game and accept TVHM will that have an impact on my quests in DLC or not?

p.s. had no idea about the usefulness of the Afterburner relic so sold it off my main character then I reached the Deat Race side mission! Luckly had a second char at around lvl 8 which I could play to get that relic again!

Cheers
sansalterego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #2
czrsink

Default Re: Torgue vending machine lvl

I expect Torgue DLC is waiting for you to be on TVHM in the main game before upping the gear level? So, in that respect, I'd complete story mode in the original game, then start your character in TVHM. You should find the loot ups when you next arrive in the Torgue DLC.

You can of course go into Torgue in PT1, but you may find enemies are higher level then you, even though vending machines are offering lower level loot.
czrsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #3
sansalterego

Quote:
Originally Posted by czrsink View Post
I expect Torgue DLC is waiting for you to be on TVHM in the main game before upping the gear level? So, in that respect, I'd complete story mode in the original game, then start your character in TVHM. You should find the loot ups when you next arrive in the Torgue DLC.

You can of course go into Torgue in PT1, but you may find enemies are higher level then you, even though vending machines are offering lower level loot.
Thanks for the reply. Will finish the last mission today to get into TVHM mode. Hopefully the DLC will will also be in TVHM after that! Won't be fun playing DLC in PT1 with enemies at higher level with lower loot or items from the vending machine!
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Danger Close
Unfriendly Fire

If you finish the main story, once you kill the Warrior everything will scale up to 30 (cap) in normal mode. TVHM - complete story again and everything will scale to 50 (cap). You will continue to earn XP and level up past the caps.

Also, you don't need the Afterburner relic. Once you know the track and the cuts that can be made Death Race is cake and a good source of token farming.
Old July 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #5
sansalterego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Close View Post
If you finish the main story, once you kill the Warrior everything will scale up to 30 (cap) in normal mode. TVHM - complete story again and everything will scale to 50 (cap). You will continue to earn XP and level up past the caps.

Also, you don't need the Afterburner relic. Once you know the track and the cuts that can be made Death Race is cake and a good source of token farming.
Thanks!
Well my driving skills are bad and every now and then I do hit some invisible walls! So good to have that relic :-)

Almost every time on the second lap I see the bikers still floating in mid air if I have hit them on the first round! But yeah I love the tone of this DLC. Good fun.

Agree it is a good way for farming tokens :-)