The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:05 PM   #1
hungryt0tem

Default silence the voices

is it worth it i keep killing myself with it
hungryt0tem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Rockthe4ooz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rockthe4ooz
Default Re: silence the voices

I don't see why you made a separate thread for this when you asked it in your other one. Also, there is already quite a few threads asking this exact same thing where you will find all the same answers that will be posted in this one or your other one about it. Ultimately, only you can decide if it is worth it or not, everyone feels differently about it.
Rockthe4ooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Champion puffa
borderaddict.

i found a class mod that adds 6 and i find im hitting myself much less now that its 11/5. whenever i take it off a switch it seems every time i melee i hit myself consecutively and nearly always kill myself whenever i use normal melee.

i certainly notice a big difference an im not just imagining it.

BL1 total pearls:36
1 stalker, 3 bessie, 2 avenger, 2 nemesis, 4 undertaker, 3 tsunami, 1 rose, 2 ironclad, 1 omega

BL2 pearls:
Champion puffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Rockthe4ooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion puffa View Post
i found a class mod that adds 6 and i find im hitting myself much less now that its 11/5. whenever i take it off a switch it seems every time i melee i hit myself consecutively and nearly always kill myself whenever i use normal melee.

Regardless of 11/5 or 5/5 (or anything inbetween or less than those two values) it is always a 12% and has been proven so. You are just imagining it as being more due to how the human brain remembers unwanted occurrences or bad ones over good ones.

For example, if you sat in Sanctuary and swung wildly with the sole purpose of trying to bash your own brains in it would seem like you almost never hit yourself vice it happening all the time.
Old July 21st, 2013, 07:26 PM   #5
BLNewb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockthe4ooz View Post
Regardless of 11/5 or 5/5 (or anything inbetween or less than those two values) it is always a 12% and has been proven so. You are just imagining it as being more due to how the human brain remembers unwanted occurrences or bad ones over good ones.

For example, if you sat in Sanctuary and swung wildly with the sole purpose of trying to bash your own brains in it would seem like you almost never hit yourself vice it happening all the time.
This man speaks the truth.

PC gamer, always and forever!
BLNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 07:41 PM   #6
happyjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion puffa View Post

It's more to do with not swinging as much due to increased damage. I am having more fun without it a swinging wildly as a true rampager would
happyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Rockthe4ooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
I am having more fun without it a swinging wildly as a true rampager would
That's the only reason I don't use StV anymore, I like to run around like the psychotic mass murderer Krieg is and swing my axe as I please (reads as: all the time).
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM   #8
Toadmode

I use it in my Mania Hellborn build. Since I have another source of healing besides on kill, I do not notice or mind the self hits that much.

I've noticed that people who primarily play by themselves often do not take it as they do not notice the power decrease that much and all the aggro is on them.

All the same, I take StV in every Krieg build that goes all the way down the mania tree. That huge boost in damage is just too good and I shake my head at people that forgo it.

Last edited by Toadmode; July 21st, 2013 at 08:33 PM.
Toadmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:54 AM   #9
PNellesen
I frequently perish

I've been using StV on my Psycho, and it seems like I only hit myself at the WORST possible moment - swinging my Grog Nozzle to get some healing from the last remaining Super Badass whatever, "Shutupshutup!!! Thwack!!" and down I go, and my pitiful Light the Fuse barely dents his remaining health before I blow up like a firecracker next to him

I still find it hard to drop though - it's just too much fun (Someday I'll learn that Krieg is not Zer0, and I can't play him the same way )
PNellesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:54 AM   #10
SaxyBeats

Ive found its unnecessary with proper gear, roid sheild, or legendary class mod he swinds fast and in his rampage already gets a 500% mele boost
SaxyBeats is offline   Reply With Quote