The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #1
torment1455

Default Overpowered 8 Loot

Trying to find the best rolls on overpowered 8 loot
So far i have found
DPUH 600863x2, 81.8, 1.5, 2.9, 2.3
Shadow of the seraphs : 39%
Homing shock o-negative: 820640x6, BR: 284, FT: 2.5
torment1455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #2
THUNDR
Metal Dahl Commando

Default Re: Overpowered 8 Loot

Shame about that mag size on the Harold.

I heard that you can use your overpowered loot if you scale back to a lower level, does that mean you could use level 80 gear at level 72 and smoke the crap out of enemies?

Thanks to That_Guy42 for the sig!
THUNDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #3
ItoTheMagine
I would HJ4C

Yes it does, you just have to complete the OP level then you can use it at any level, OP, i think that harold has jakobs grip, it has the highest damage but torgue grip is the best, comparable damage with a bit higher fire rate and one more shot in the mag.

Last edited by ItoTheMagine; September 6th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
ItoTheMagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #4
johnrr6
I'm your Huckleberry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItoTheMagine View Post
Yes it does, you just have to complete the OP level then you can use it at any level, OP, i think that harold has jakobs grip, it has the highest damage but torgue grip is the best, comparable damage with a bit higher fire rate abd one more shot in the mag.
^This

My "Dream" DPUH is:
Torgue Grip
Hyperion sight (because it is low profile and stays out of the way...LOL)

Torgue, Dahl, Maliwan sights are all OK as well...Just no Tediore, Jacobs, or Bandit

the Torgue Grip is the biggie
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #5
TravisGNeu

I was going to say I thought it was a jakobs grip too. And personally I love the torgue sight, followed by maliwan/jakobs. It's all preference. Cool finds by the way, I was curious if shadow of the seraphs etc got better. So far most relics etc I've found are the same.

GT: TravisGNeu
TravisGNeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Mr.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItoTheMagine View Post
Yes it does, you just have to complete the OP level then you can use it at any level, OP, i think that harold has jakobs grip, it has the highest damage but torgue grip is the best, comparable damage with a bit higher fire rate and one more shot in the mag.
jakobs and torgue grip usefulness depends on character. if u use Gunzerker, u definitely want Jakobs grip, u reach money shot faster. with only 0.1 (1.5 and 1.6) difference in fire rate.

other characters tourgue grip cos of one more extra shot u can take.
Mr.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #7
Salvadorable
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
jakobs and torgue grip usefulness depends on character. if u use Gunzerker, u definitely want Jakobs grip, u reach money shot faster. with only 0.1 (1.5 and 1.6) difference in fire rate.

other characters tourgue grip cos of one more extra shot u can take.
This needs to be thoroughly tested to prove which is better. I go for the fastest fire rate and reload speed ( over half a second faster with the Torgue), which means the Torgue grip.

The additional fire rate makes the base damage with the Torgue grip actually do more DPS considering just the base damage and fire rate. Of course, just using those 2 stats don't tell the whole story, as you pointed out by saying the faster time to a Money Shot proc is likely to produce the higher actual DPS. The question is, does having to fire less shots make up for the rather large increase in reload times you get by using a Jakobs grip over a Torgue grip? I'm thinking it doesn't, the time between Money Shots is actually less with a Torgue grip (adding the time it takes to reload to the time it takes to empty your gun). But I haven't tested it myself, that's just a "seat-of-the-pants" judgment call on my part.

And there is of course things like the synergy of abilities that effect fire rate. That ".1" is most likely going to be a larger difference with some fire rate modifiers. Abilities that effect reload times may reduce the effect of the longer reload times to the point where the Jakobs becomes better (assuming the Torgue grip ever was actually better). Just to throw out a couple of examples.

I believe the lowest sight on an Unkempt Harold is actually the Maliwan.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #8
Sljm
Ridiculously Good-Looking

Trezzik is correct, mathematically.

The higher fire rate on Torgue grip overcomes the higher base damage on Jakobs, making it the best at Money Shot chain DPS.

Even with it taking "one more shot" to get Money Shot, Torgue grip is better average DPS than Jakobs due to faster reload speed and fire rate.

So if the Money Shot chain DPS and average DPS are better on Torgue grip, why would you want a Jakobs grip?

Last edited by Sljm; September 6th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
Sljm is offline   Reply With Quote