The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > Gearbox Games > Borderlands 2 > BL2 Gameplay Discussion (Spoilers!)

Old September 26th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #11
GunnyBarney

Default Re: Pyro Pete's Bar Brawl - Tier 3 Trouble

Sham+Shock Topneaa+Vladof RPG-AR = Bar Brawl Win.

Stand just beyond the entrance to the Bar, and alternate shooting one round at each of the two doorways directly ahead of you (to either side of the bar on the lower level). The Sham will absorb the rocket ammo back, and you've got a trusty Vladof RPG-AR to restock with if it gets low. Wash, rinse, repeat.
GunnyBarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #12
TheAntiZealot
Release the Ascension

Domnation is totally on-point. No one else has alluded to this, but you've got a killing problem (despite what you say).

When you're reading Dom's tutorial, keep this concept at the center:

The badasses spawn when regular enemies die.

No kills? No badasses. Many kills? Many badasses. If you're not seeing enough badasses, it's because you're not killing enough. It's simple, really.

Unfortunately, Torgue tricks by getting you to believe that "staying alive" is the goal. It's not.

If you want to test this, just get the timer rolling and don't kill anyone. At most 1 badass will spawn, usually none. Next, go to Normal mode and pepper the place with fire bees or homing fire clouds. All the badasses will spawn in 20-30 seconds.
TheAntiZealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #13
jd641
Pruppets

Send a message via ICQ to jd641

I made a run where I tried to kill the minimum amount of people and shoot the least possible shots I needed to complete the mission with. It took about 1:25 and it seems like you only need to kill three people at the initial spawn to get the BA to show up, then maybe one or two per BA spawn. Maybe my video will help you figure out where and when they spawn, or at least it can show you where to run to find them.

"Even though I am better than you, I am not." -JFK

Last edited by jd641; September 26th, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
jd641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #14
blackbox64
Make it so

You need something that kills everything in one hit.

*nods towards a particular Maliwan Rocket Launcher*

"LETS JUST ALL STOP MENTIONING CARNAGE AND WE'LL BE FINE." - Me discussing the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2.
"I lost fair and square, whatever that dumb phrase means, who loses a square" - Zero, losing a duel.
blackbox64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #15
GunnyBarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbox64 View Post
You need something that kills everything in one hit.

*nods towards a particular Maliwan Rocket Launcher*
Norfleet is overkill for Bar Room Brawl.
GunnyBarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:09 AM   #16
jd641
Pruppets

Send a message via ICQ to jd641

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyBarney View Post
Norfleet is overkill for Bar Room Brawl.
I used it just to finish up some of the BA challenges, I don't remember exactly which ones they were but they were completed super fast that way. After I got rank 5 in each of them I haven't touched the Norfleet at all for any reason... I actually think that was back when level 50 was the cap.

"Even though I am better than you, I am not." -JFK
jd641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #17
DomNation
jump Bunchie, jump!

Of course you can shamfleet the Bawl in less than a minute (that's also a very effective way to grind XP btw), but if the OP had a Sham, a Norfleet and a Logan's Gun available to him I doubt he would have come here to ask, don't you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd641 View Post
I made a run where I tried to kill the minimum amount of people and shoot the least possible shots I needed to complete the mission with. It took about 1:25 and it seems like you only need to kill three people at the initial spawn to get the BA to show up, then maybe one or two per BA spawn. Maybe my video will help you figure out where and when they spawn, or at least it can show you where to run to find them.

Great, great vid.

Even though I doubt this is reproducible every single time and there is some luck involved to get them to spawn in such fast succession and complete the bawl in 1:25 with other tactics than Shamfleeting or Topneaafleeting, because somtimes the spawns seem pretty random imho, this vid is still great clue and should help a lot.

BlownS notice how jd641 here follows the exact path I described and just focuses on the balcony and the room below.
Focus on patrolling these two areas alone to have enemies spawn there and kill enemies as fast as possible.

Signature courtesy of the great Izaya.
DomNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #18
blownS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomNation View Post
Of course you can shamfleet the Bawl in less than a minute (that's also a very effective way to grind XP btw), but if the OP had a Sham, a Norfleet and a Logan's Gun available to him I doubt he would have come here to ask, don't you guys think?

BlownS notice how jd641 here follows the exact path I described and just focuses on the balcony and the room below.
Focus on patrolling these two areas alone to have enemies spawn there and kill enemies as fast as possible.
Ahhh, the voice of reason.

Dom's right: I (unfortunately) do not have any of those vaunted weapons yet. I can only dream at this point in my lowly vault hunting career.

That said, I watched the vid, and that's what I'm pretty much doing (I tried again last nite). At lvl 50, Moxxi's Heartbreaker can kill the rats/bruisers/engineers in 1-4 hits. I can clear both the upstairs and backroom VERY fast...but the BA's don't spawn anywhere near as fast 4 me as they do in that vid.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd641 View Post

Thx jd. Great vid, indeed.

Visit The L.O.O.T. Shop!
blownS is offline   Reply With Quote