The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1
jbd86es

Default So, UVHM is really boring

I'm a lot of you are tired of these threads, but I honestly don't care. It's my final one anyhow.

I just tried UVHM recently, I'm in Three Horns Valley, and it's just awful. Skags from the Southern part of the map destroyed 4 of my vehicles, and chased me back to the Happy Pig Motel.

I know it's doable, but the game is just no fun. I'm not slagging every single enemy, shooting them them for 10 minutes straight. It's killed this game for me. There's just better, more fun things to do out there.

Really, who wants to slag every foe, and use one build, and all the same guns. Let's render vehicles useless. If our players aren't taking one hour to fight a mob, they're not being challenged! <= that's some insane reasoning

I thought vault hunters were supposed to be badasses (they say it like 1,000 times per game session), not the biggest pussies in the Pandora universe.

Simply removing health regen would make it bearable.

I sincerely believe they turned enemies into bullet sponges to slow down gameplay, therefore people would spend more time playing their game. They could take a campaign that takes days and make it take weeks. Then they could release crap DLC called Headhunter Packs that are so ridiculously easy and hollow, that people would buy them to distract them from the tedium of UVHM. I believe they intentionally made the game worse, so they could release garbage content, which would seem better by comparison. WELL PLAYED GEARBOX, IT'S CAPITALISM AT ITS FINEST.

I'm going to do the last the 3 loot hunt targets, and sell the game.

If you like, good for you, have fun. But what a ******* bore.

I just hope Gearbox knows they lost a customer; they just sapped the fun out of the game.

Last edited by jbd86es; November 5th, 2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: none of your business
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #2
BobTheEnzyteGuy
YouDontWorkforGearbox!Ha!

Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd86es View Post

I just hope Gearbox knows they lost a customer
I'm sorry you don't enjoy the game, but this game isn't based on subscriptions.

"Is my package coming today? What time? Give me an ETA! What time did the delivery man clock in? Is he on the way, or did he take lunch? Is he going westbound on Palm Ave, or east? Is he turning onto Smith right now? Did he take the van or truck? What color is it? Oh oh oh is up the street now? Is he wearing a white or brown uniform? Throw me a bone! Lack of communication! GIVE ME DETAILS AND ETA DAMMIT!"

Sound familiar?
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Certified 'Zerker
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheEnzyteGuy View Post
I'm sorry you don't enjoy the game, but this game isn't based on subscriptions.
This. If you don't like a game that won GOTY, then trade it in. No one is stopping you.
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #4
dieger
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified 'Zerker View Post
This. If you don't like a game that won GOTY, then trade it in. No one is stopping you.
if only everyone on the internet thought like you guys :/
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #5
Smm42
Kunai Stacker

Quote:
I sincerely believe they turned enemies into bullet sponges to slow down gameplay, therefore people would spend more time playing their game. They could take a campaign that takes days and make it take weeks. Then they could release crap DLC called Headhunter Packs that are so ridiculously easy and hollow, that people would buy them to distract them from the tedium of UVHM. I believe they intentionally made the game worse, so they could release garbage content, which would seem better by comparison. WELL PLAYED GEARBOX, IT'S CAPITALISM AT ITS FINEST.
Sounds legit.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieger View Post
if only everyone on the internet thought like you guys :/
You know what? Good point. Don't like it don't play it. That's all there is to it.
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #6
Kezza
I <3 Lugia

Quote:
Really, who wants to slag every foe, and use one build, and all the same guns. Let's render vehicles useless. If our players aren't taking one hour to fight a mob, they're not being challenged! <= that's some insane reasoning

I thought vault hunters were supposed to be badasses (they say it like 1,000 times per game session), not the biggest pussies in the Pandora universe.
What character are you playing as, because every character (but Krieg, I believe) has a skill that allows you to slag while using some other gun. About the builds, there is a HUGE variety of builds for each character. Try different ones until you find one suitable for your play style. As for gear, what are you using? There are sooooo many powerful guns that are easy to get. If you're truly taking 10 minutes or more to kill one enemy, then you clearly aren't even meant to be playing UVHM.
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Toad_4000
Mechromantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
What character are you playing as, because every character (but Krieg, I believe) has a skill that allows you to slag while using some other gun. About the builds, there is a HUGE variety of builds for each character. Try different ones until you find one suitable for your play style. As for gear, what are you using? There are sooooo many powerful guns that are easy to get. If you're truly taking 10 minutes or more to kill one enemy, then you clearly aren't even meant to be playing UVHM.
What power does Zero have that allows him to slag? Not being sarcastic at all, i dont play as zero so i dont know.
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #8
Smm42
Kunai Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad_4000 View Post
What power does Zero have that allows him to slag? Not being sarcastic at all, i dont play as zero so i dont know.
Death Bl0ss0m's kunai can slag.
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Henchmen4Hire
Ruggedly Handsome

L2P rofl
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Kezza
I <3 Lugia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchmen4Hire View Post