The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #1
jbd86es
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere in Spacetime
Posts: 104
Default So, UVHM is really boring

I'm a lot of you are tired of these threads, but I honestly don't care. It's my final one anyhow.

I just tried UVHM recently, I'm in Three Horns Valley, and it's just awful. Skags from the Southern part of the map destroyed 4 of my vehicles, and chased me back to the Happy Pig Motel.

I know it's doable, but the game is just no fun. I'm not slagging every single enemy, shooting them them for 10 minutes straight. It's killed this game for me. There's just better, more fun things to do out there.

Really, who wants to slag every foe, and use one build, and all the same guns. Let's render vehicles useless. If our players aren't taking one hour to fight a mob, they're not being challenged! <= that's some insane reasoning

I thought vault hunters were supposed to be badasses (they say it like 1,000 times per game session), not the biggest pussies in the Pandora universe.

Simply removing health regen would make it bearable.

I sincerely believe they turned enemies into bullet sponges to slow down gameplay, therefore people would spend more time playing their game. They could take a campaign that takes days and make it take weeks. Then they could release crap DLC called Headhunter Packs that are so ridiculously easy and hollow, that people would buy them to distract them from the tedium of UVHM. I believe they intentionally made the game worse, so they could release garbage content, which would seem better by comparison. WELL PLAYED GEARBOX, IT'S CAPITALISM AT ITS FINEST.

I'm going to do the last the 3 loot hunt targets, and sell the game.

If you like, good for you, have fun. But what a ******* bore.

I just hope Gearbox knows they lost a customer; they just sapped the fun out of the game.

Last edited by jbd86es; November 5th, 2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: none of your business
jbd86es is offline  
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #2
BobTheEnzyteGuy
YouDontWorkforGearbox!Ha!
 
BobTheEnzyteGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,884
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd86es View Post

I just hope Gearbox knows they lost a customer
I'm sorry you don't enjoy the game, but this game isn't based on subscriptions.
__________________
Calling the post office every five minutes to ask:

"Is my package coming today? What time? Give me an ETA! What time did the delivery man clock in? Is he on the way, or did he take lunch? Is he going westbound on Palm Ave, or east? Is he turning onto Smith right now? Did he take the van or truck? What color is it? Oh oh oh is up the street now? Is he wearing a white or brown uniform? Throw me a bone! Lack of communication! GIVE ME DETAILS AND ETA DAMMIT!"

Sound familiar?
BobTheEnzyteGuy is online now  
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Certified 'Zerker
Thread Killer
 
Certified 'Zerker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atwater, CA
Posts: 803
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheEnzyteGuy View Post
I'm sorry you don't enjoy the game, but this game isn't based on subscriptions.
This. If you don't like a game that won GOTY, then trade it in. No one is stopping you.
Certified 'Zerker is offline  
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #4
dieger
First Access Club Member
 
dieger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 593
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified 'Zerker View Post
This. If you don't like a game that won GOTY, then trade it in. No one is stopping you.
if only everyone on the internet thought like you guys :/
dieger is offline  
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #5
Smm42
Kunai Stacker
 
Smm42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trying to think of something witty to put here.
Posts: 1,300
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd86es View Post
I sincerely believe they turned enemies into bullet sponges to slow down gameplay, therefore people would spend more time playing their game. They could take a campaign that takes days and make it take weeks. Then they could release crap DLC called Headhunter Packs that are so ridiculously easy and hollow, that people would buy them to distract them from the tedium of UVHM. I believe they intentionally made the game worse, so they could release garbage content, which would seem better by comparison. WELL PLAYED GEARBOX, IT'S CAPITALISM AT ITS FINEST.
Sounds legit.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieger View Post
if only everyone on the internet thought like you guys :/
You know what? Good point. Don't like it don't play it. That's all there is to it.
__________________
Borderlands 2 basically uses a RNG FTW philosophy!
- Paul Hellquist
Smm42 is offline  
Old November 5th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #6
Kezza
I <3 Lugia
 
Kezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Whirl Islands
Posts: 866
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd86es View Post
Really, who wants to slag every foe, and use one build, and all the same guns. Let's render vehicles useless. If our players aren't taking one hour to fight a mob, they're not being challenged! <= that's some insane reasoning

I thought vault hunters were supposed to be badasses (they say it like 1,000 times per game session), not the biggest pussies in the Pandora universe.
What character are you playing as, because every character (but Krieg, I believe) has a skill that allows you to slag while using some other gun. About the builds, there is a HUGE variety of builds for each character. Try different ones until you find one suitable for your play style. As for gear, what are you using? There are sooooo many powerful guns that are easy to get. If you're truly taking 10 minutes or more to kill one enemy, then you clearly aren't even meant to be playing UVHM.
__________________
"If you're going through hell, keep going."- Winston Churchill
Sig by Mirrorada
Kezza is offline  
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #7
Toad_4000
Mechromantic
 
Toad_4000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 473
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
What character are you playing as, because every character (but Krieg, I believe) has a skill that allows you to slag while using some other gun. About the builds, there is a HUGE variety of builds for each character. Try different ones until you find one suitable for your play style. As for gear, what are you using? There are sooooo many powerful guns that are easy to get. If you're truly taking 10 minutes or more to kill one enemy, then you clearly aren't even meant to be playing UVHM.
What power does Zero have that allows him to slag? Not being sarcastic at all, i dont play as zero so i dont know.
__________________
When I say Mechro, you say Mancer. Mechro..............you guys suck!
I <3 u DT
Toad_4000 is offline  
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #8
Smm42
Kunai Stacker
 
Smm42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Trying to think of something witty to put here.
Posts: 1,300
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad_4000 View Post
What power does Zero have that allows him to slag? Not being sarcastic at all, i dont play as zero so i dont know.
Death Bl0ss0m's kunai can slag.
__________________
Borderlands 2 basically uses a RNG FTW philosophy!
- Paul Hellquist
Smm42 is offline  
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Henchmen4Hire
Ruggedly Handsome
 
Henchmen4Hire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 358
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

L2P rofl
Henchmen4Hire is offline  
Old November 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Kezza
I <3 Lugia
 
Kezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Whirl Islands
Posts: 866
Default Re: So, UVHM is really boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchmen4Hire View Post
L2P rofl
Learn to type full words.
__________________
"If you're going through hell, keep going."- Winston Churchill
Sig by Mirrorada
Kezza is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.