The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old December 10th, 2013, 04:49 AM   #1
MrCardi

Default Grog Nozzle Quest

After reading about the Grog Nozzle, I decided to get one of my own and I read that it's from the quest "The Beard Makes The Man". Going through my quest list I found out that I have that quest taken, but not completed. However, I do not have a Grog Nozzle in the inventory.
Appreciate if anyone here enlightens me on this issue :O
MrCardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #2
brickbatz
First Access Club Member

Default Re: Grog Nozzle Quest

What does it say to do next?

Random number generators that are used in software like Borderlands are technically pseudo-random and not true random due to limitations of hardware, operating systems, and other factors. - Paul Hellquist

Last edited by brickbatz; December 10th, 2013 at 05:43 AM.
brickbatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #3
MrCardi

It says:
Crush Drunk Dwarves: 0/5
Beard Picked Up: 0/5
Get dwarves drunk: 0/5 (optional)
MrCardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #4
MECHADOOM

Some things I've figured out about the quirks of this:

When you get the Grog Nozzle from the quest, it will stay in the playthrough mode that the quest is active in. So if you got the quest in Normal mode, and then switch to True Vault Hunter mode, the gun dissappears, but will be back in your inventory if you go back to Normal mode. I figured this out by trying to use my TVHM Grog Nozzle in UVHM, and found it wasn't available.

As a mission weapon, you cannot drop or sell this gun.

You say the gun is not in you inventory, but did you check what you've got equiped? Sometimes when you get a mission weapon, it auto-equips the weapon.

Last edited by MECHADOOM; December 10th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.
MECHADOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #5
brickbatz
First Access Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCardi View Post
It says:
Crush Drunk Dwarves: 0/5
Beard Picked Up: 0/5
Get dwarves drunk: 0/5 (optional)
Have you tried save/quit/resume? It should be there. Don't do the mission and turn it in. It will disappear from your inventory.

Random number generators that are used in software like Borderlands are technically pseudo-random and not true random due to limitations of hardware, operating systems, and other factors. - Paul Hellquist
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #6
Cobra951

Yep. Should be there. Also, this gun can now be a legitimate keeper, though very rare, because it was given out for a limited time in some online GBX event. It may be available for trade. The advantage of this is that it can be used right from the beginning of any playthrough, and won't get taken away if you're in someone else's online game. Plus you can actually complete the quest. (It's a funny sequence of events, leading to a riotously funny homage to The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment of Disney's Fantasia. Shame you have to skip it to keep the mission Grog.) And since the weapon's amazing properties have nothing to do with dealing damage, you don't even need to worry about outleveling it.
Old December 10th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #7
brickbatz
First Access Club Member

By using the mission Grog anyone joining you gets a version of it with no level requirement. I stored the Loot Hunt Grog in the bank.

Is it now available from loot sources or was it only a reward for the Loot Hunt?

Old December 10th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #8
Gnard Smasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickbatz View Post
Is it now available from loot sources or was it only a reward for the Loot Hunt?
I was going to ask that myself. Luckily I farmed quite a few of them and got multiple variants before it ended. Would still like to know if it's ever going to drop from a boss or badass enemy
Gnard Smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #9
Cobra951

As far as I know, it won't drop anymore after the loot hunt. But the fact remains that it can now be a legitimate mission-unrelated gun. If you have it, or trade for it, it will never be yanked from your inventory in a future patch--not unless GBX goes schizo on us, or something.
Old December 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #10
clrx

I have yet to hear/see anything that would lead me to believe that it is now a keep-able item once the mission is closed, nor is it a drop. You either had to get one from the GBX loothunt, get the mission one, or Gib one.
clrx is offline   Reply With Quote