The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Shadowreeper1337
MELEE BEAST

Default LV.72 OP8 Deathtrap max damage build

This build is all about max DPS with Deathtrap, this build will make him a true beast!!! http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromance...51415101100000

The Gear

Weapons:
Practicible Conference Call (any element for imbuing DT with that element)
Interfacer (all elements)
Fibber (for gaining anarchy stacks fast and doing a lot of damage)
Grog Nozzle (for healing)

Class Mod:
Legendary Roboteer (for DT's melee damage)

Grenade Mod:
Personal choice, choose anything you want.

Shield:
Grounded Hide Of Terramorphous (for DT's melee damage. If you really dislike this shield you can change it after summoning DT)

Relic:
Hyperion allegiance relic (because we are going to be using Hyperion shotties and the fibber)

Strategy:
Summon Deathtrap and let him do the work for you. Deathtrap can literally one-shot everything (except for constructors because he uses his eye bolt) even ultimate badasses in a single hit, with the correct element, Make It Sparkle adds additional elemental damage to DT's attacks equal to 2x his base melee damage, that is a lot this is why I choose skills in the LBT tree. Gaige herself can dish out some pretty good damage herself, of course gaing anarchy stacks is going to be slow without typecast iconoclast, but after you gain the 400 stacks you can also be a force to be reckoned with

Update:
This is a build that focuses a bit more on yourself than DT http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromance...51415130100000

The Gear

Weapons:
Same as the previous build

Shield:
Hide of Terramorphous
The Bee (switch to this shield after summoning DT)

Relic:
Sheriff's Badge (for using the fibber primarily)

Grenades:
Personal choice

Strategy:
Same as before but instead switch to the bee after summoning DT with 9 point in Fancy mathematics your Bee will recharge insanely fast plus the 3 points in Blood Soaked Shields will instantly recharge 60% of your shield.

Last edited by Shadowreeper1337; March 7th, 2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: New build :)
Shadowreeper1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Shrimpling
First Access Club Member

Default Re: LV.72 OP8 Deathtrap max damage build

I like the build... shame the equipment is such a grind to farm!

There are a couple of tweaks I would make to improve your build.

The melee bonus from the roboteer mods doesn't apply to deathtrap. With that in mind you would probably be better off with a Blue Necromancer mod as it will still boost the 2 skills that increase dt's melee damage but will give gaige a more useful bonus. I like Chaotic Evil for the fire rate and critical damage boosts.

I would swap the points in Potent as a Pony into Unstoppable Force. A higher health score is harder to keep above the health gate if you are healing with a moxxi gun. Also Unstoppable Force is triggered when dt kills something and will help keep the shield full for yourself.

I would probably tweak the skills so I can have 5 in blood soaked shields as well because its my favourite skill in the game and end up with this http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromance...51413150100000
Shrimpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #3
Shadowreeper1337
MELEE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpling View Post
I like the build... shame the equipment is such a grind to farm!

There are a couple of tweaks I would make to improve your build.

The melee bonus from the roboteer mods doesn't apply to deathtrap. With that in mind you would probably be better off with a Blue Necromancer mod as it will still boost the 2 skills that increase dt's melee damage but will give gaige a more useful bonus. I like Chaotic Evil for the fire rate and critical damage boosts.

I would swap the points in Potent as a Pony into Unstoppable Force. A higher health score is harder to keep above the health gate if you are healing with a moxxi gun. Also Unstoppable Force is triggered when dt kills something and will help keep the shield full for yourself.

I would probably tweak the skills so I can have 5 in blood soaked shields as well because its my favourite skill in the game and end up with this http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromance...51413150100000
Yea I sometimes use a blue necromancer class mod after I get a decent amount of anarchy stacks and your idea of using unstoppable force is good I will try that it's just that I want DT to be as tanky as possible but I'll give your build a try though thanks for the ideas I appreciate it

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I kinda see the synergy between blood soaked shields and unstoppable force, if I kill an enemy my shield will fully recharge but for the next few seconds if I get shot I still get a bit of shield regen to help keep my shield up until I kill another enemy. This would be great with a bee or black hole.

Last edited by Shadowreeper1337; March 5th, 2014 at 05:02 PM.
Shadowreeper1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 06:41 PM   #4
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

This is my build.

Yours has some similarities to mine but you missed BSS and CUT. Both are amazing skills.

Last edited by Blutfatal; March 5th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
Blutfatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2014, 06:52 PM   #5
Shadowreeper1337
MELEE BEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutfatal View Post
This is my build.

Yours has some similarities to mine but you missed BSS and CUT. Both are amazing skills.
Yea I wanted to reach make it sparkle because it adds elemental damage equal to 2x DT base melee damage but I won't disagree that those skills are really good especially BSS
Old March 5th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

It also reduces damage based off type if I remember correctly.

Not to mention make it sparkle is buggy and doesn't work half the time.
Old March 5th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #7
Shadowreeper1337
MELEE BEAST

Quote:
It also reduces damage based off type if I remember correctly.

Not to mention make it sparkle is buggy and doesn't work half the time.
From my testing with gaige and DT he gains the full elemental damage bonus I have seen the two different damage types show up in the numbers (the white text from normal damage and the colored text depending on elements) IMO it's a pretty awesome skill.

I have tested this against an OP8 ultimate badass loader just using Make it sparkle and robot rampage with no shield no melee damage multipliers and he took out that loader in 2 seconds using robot rampage, I was using slag of course. I tested his normal melee damage not using make it sparkle, in a full robot rampage attack which is 2 seconds long, the ultimate badass loader still had approx 70% of his health. If I use corrosive with make it sparkle it's barely enough to take out that badass loader and that is very impressive. I have not been paying to much attention to see if the elemental damage applies I will keep an eye out for any instances when the damage doesn't show up. I'm pretty sure you know that it applies additional elemental damage not elemental damage over time there is a difference, with the exception of slag that can be applied to enemies. But I will do further testing now that you brought it up, just to make sure that damage gets applied every time he hits. I thank you for bringing this up.
Old March 5th, 2014, 09:36 PM   #8
Blutfatal
Elite God of Flakkers

Use a love thumper, kills it even faster.
Old March 5th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #9
Shadowreeper1337
MELEE BEAST

Quote:
Use a love thumper, kills it even faster.
I guess if the shield stays down longer DT can deal a higher potential dps than the hide of terra mmmm I'm going to try that.
Old March 6th, 2014, 12:03 PM   #10
Typh

You also can try this one with the legendary Roboteer, cause with 1 point in AA, 20%C and PaaP you can invest points into another skills for max you impact and still help DT get strong.
You can also change to a Prodigy COM to fight mini bosses that DT won't meele
Typh is offline   Reply With Quote