The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > In the Box > Gearbox News and Articles

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
DuvalMagic
GBX

Default If you're an industry developer, this is the most important post you've ever read...

Iíve started a new project. Itís big. Itís, like, look-at-our-line-up-and-imagine-something-even-bigger kind of big. Iím Directing it myself. I can't mention it publicly yet. When you find out what this is, you'll likely agree that I can't oversell this one.

Iím looking for some talent from outside of Gearbox to join us for this one. Specifically, we need a super senior artist Ė lead artist or art director level. Can you motivate and inspire others while making sure theyíre productive? Do you know the tools and techniques for this genís AAA? Want to do something that is going to be super relevant - that everyone will notice and play when you're finished? Youíll work directly with me (and a kick-ass team) and youíll define a *lot* of the gameís look and feel (and youíll get to contract the best concept artists in the world to help you).

Gearbox is on fire right now and itís only looking better down the road. This is an extremely rare chance to join up in a super senior role with a lot of authority and responsibility. Even if youíre only curious, just introduce yourself to me by e-mailing dreamgig@gearboxsoftware.com Yeah, itís a campy address, but when you hear more about the project you'll probably agree. We can be extremely discreet if youíre curious but donít want to represent that youíre looking to leave your current gig - just let us know. If you donít know about us, more information about Gearbox Software can be found at www.gearboxsoftware.com.

One more thing Ė Iíll be at DICE and GDC in Feb, so if youíre going to be at either and can meet in person, indicate that when you e-mail. As far as senior/lead artist opportunities go, trust me when I say that this is as good as it gets (which is why Iím going this route to get the word out). In your e-mail, you may want to include a note or art that makes us want to sort you to to the top. Good luck.

PS Ė The lead coder for the project is also looking for a couple of coders to join him, so use the same contact address if youíre a veteran programmer. Other Gearbox projects have openings too (including on the Borderlands and Aliens teams).

- Randy Pitchford
DuvalMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
DuvalMagic
GBX

Default Re: If you're an industry developer, this is the most important post you've ever read

Note - The project won't be completed this year, or the next... It will be in pre-production with a smaller, focused team until after both Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway and Borderlands has shipped.

If nothing else, the information does give some insight into just how far ahead we are planning and acting.
DuvalMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #3
hells highway

Default Re: If you're an industry developer, this is the most important post you've ever read

I'm not an industry developer,i'm just a gamer, but when you'll announce this project?Or at least give us a small hint for it!And you are saying that HH will be released before this years end?
P.S.Sorry for my bad english!
hells highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Poddy
Kids like Jar Jar!

Even though I can't draw and have no idea how to code, major props to Gearbox for making these openings to their worshipping public. I don't think I've ever seen such an open and generous offer made so publicly by the big man himself, again, props to Randy and co. Can't wait to hear what the title is
Poddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM   #5
hells highway

In one interview,Randy has mentioned something about game like the film "Heat".Is this will be the game?If it is, it'll be awesome,im sure!Gearbox forever!
hells highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 04:46 PM   #6
sgt_baker
Band of Brothers

lol lets find out what game it is
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #7
Sh0dan
Immortal Machine

I wonder if Gearbox have acquired an extremely popular licence or maybe this is a brand new property?
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #8
Capt Brute
War Animal

To bad I am not a few (5-10) years older. I want to work at Gearbox so badly. T_T oh well.
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #9
RookLive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hells highway View Post
In one interview,Randy has mentioned something about game like the film "Heat".Is this will be the game?If it is, it'll be awesome,im sure!Gearbox forever!
Gearbox to develop Kane and Lynch 2: Confirmed.
RookLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #10
Hitman14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookLive View Post
Gearbox to develop Kane and Lynch 2: Confirmed.
My wild guess is Halo 4 lol
Hitman14 is offline   Reply With Quote