The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site

Go Back   The Gearbox Software Forums > General Discussion > Off-Topic

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #31
ArmpitofDoom
Ding!Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to ArmpitofDoom Send a message via MSN to ArmpitofDoom
Default Re: how to get ur girl back

Or, you could always go the Xtend route.

http://www.slimstore.com/xtend.htm

My emails I always seem to get at work say you will have the biggest **** on the block. Impress her with your size.

Saving the internets one post at a time.
ArmpitofDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 03:58 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #32
WhiskeyTango
GBX

If you really want her back tell her that you already have plenty of friends and ignore her. Don't call her, don't hang out with her, etc. Once she realizes that you are serious she will bend over backward to try and get you back. Even if she doesn't it will shorten your grieving process and you will get over her faster so this way is win-win.

Trying to be friends with her will just be painful for you. You are better off going this route.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #33
Truk
Laying down the Gnar

Yeah, F trying to be friends! I tried that with my ex-girlfriend who I dated for 3 years and all she did was try and still get me to do stuff for her. No way jose.
He isn't asking why they shed, he's asking why they do not get haircuts...
Truk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #34
introvert

WhiskeyTango nailed it.

And on the subject of women in general, I am a firm believer in the Tao of Steve. If you don't know what I'm talking about, enlightenment awaits:

The Tao of Steve
Old April 15th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #35
Twister689
Mechanically Seperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
If you really want her back tell her that you already have plenty of friends and ignore her. Don't call her, don't hang out with her, etc. Once she realizes that you are serious she will bend over backward to try and get you back. Even if she doesn't it will shorten your grieving process and you will get over her faster so this way is win-win.

Trying to be friends with her will just be painful for you. You are better off going this route.
Agreed 100x. After I found out my gf of a year had cheated on me with my (ex)best friend. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "all i want is a gf that is faithful and loves me, thats it"
Her: "well your not gonna find that in high school"
Me: "Alright then, peace" (never looked back, ever. Stone cold son, stone cold)

And the biggest irony is that, my next and still current gf is in college (im still a senior in high school) so actually, my ex was right. lol.
Old April 15th, 2008, 02:59 AM   #36
orphen
pokemon master

Send a message via AIM to orphen Send a message via MSN to orphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post

im taking this approach i wont completely cut of talking to her but i when from like every day to like once a week

Orphen owns more every time I see him. <3333
But i must say, Orphen is a very beautiful man
i <3 you too wraith
orphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #37
PhotoN
lumpy

Send a message via AIM to PhotoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja_Vu View Post
You're 19. Get over it. You won't even really know what you're looking for until you're at least 25.

And Reppy is right - she just got bored with you. Happens to most relationships.
My grandparents were married in 1955, both at 18, and they've been together ever since. I don't think that was a notable exception, either; people, in general, married earlier back then.

But I suppose, given that we're in a new generation that marries much later, that your statement may have a little truth to it, but certainly not absolutely.
PhotoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #38
[FBI]Mech
MWLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoN View Post
My grandparents were married in 1955, both at 18, and they've been together ever since. I don't think that was a notable exception, either; people, in general, married earlier back then.

But I suppose, given that we're in a new generation that marries much later, that your statement may have a little truth to it, but certainly not absolutely.
I'm assuming they lived in Michigan, you could come straight out of highschool and make mucho bucks in a factory back then. People now adays tend to try and get their life together with a well paying job before marying.
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #39
Deja_Vu
Gearbox Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wraith View Post
Don't ever give love a deadline age. It's really stupid. It happens when it happens.
People get married when they're 20, sometimes they get married when they're 60.
I'm giving him advice on the average age to figure out what they want. How many people do you know that got married at 20 that are still together? Hell, some chick I dated had gotten divorced at 26. I'm just telling him he's too young to know for sure what he wants in a person. Even now what I look for in someone changes a little each year.

Quote:
My grandparents got married at 25 and have been married since then. However, my grandfather is incredibly unhappy because my grandmother is a bitch....such a bitch that my mom, dad, and myself wish she would just keel over and die. Why did they never divorce? Children and religious reasons. My point? Being married doesn't mean you're happy with the person you're with.
Old April 15th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #40
The_Wraith
XXXXXXXXXXX

Send a message via AIM to The_Wraith Send a message via MSN to The_Wraith
Cool Re: how to get ur girl back

The majority of married couples I know have been dating since they were about 18-20. I know this one weird couple that are married 16 years now and they have been together since 15...

There really is no average age to be honest. It's just what happens.

The_Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote