The Gearbox Software Forums Go to Gearboxity.comGo to Gearbox Software's Web site
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #51
TripleChinMafia
Like the Soprano's

Default Re: Need-to-Know Questions

Ahahaha I dont get it iLXeNk...........

TripleChinMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #52
iLXeNk
Pirate Scourge

Send a message via AIM to iLXeNk Send a message via MSN to iLXeNk

Read any of Gamer's posts... you'll understand... but maybe you don't want to go through that torture.

Oh and nb4lock
iLXeNk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:40 PM   #53
TripleChinMafia
Like the Soprano's

Can you hand me some of that Jack Daniels 1st?

TripleChinMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #54
iLXeNk
Pirate Scourge

No. I drank all of it. These bottles are now weapons in my arsenal

Oh and nb4lock
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #55
Khid

1.How does aiming work: (Left-trigger to aim? Is there a cross-hair? Do different scopes have different zoom levels?)
2.Is there secondary (even tertiary) fire on guns? Can they be used in close combat as melee weapons?
3.Can characters jump/roll/dive/crouch/go prone?
4.Are there attachments for weapons to add further customisation?
5.How does the ammo/health system work? (Do you have to find/make ammo? Are there healthpacks/health regeneration?)
6.Is there any cover system?
7.Is there a friendly fire option outside of arenas?
8.How intelligent does the enemy AI appear to be?
9.Is it easy to switch to 'next best' weapon if you need to?
10.Is there item degradation over time?
11.How much customisation is there in terms of both weapons (attachments?) but also in terms of changing the onscreen appearance of your character? (armour? tattoos? hairstyles?)
12.Will character skilltrees allow players to create radically different versions of Mordecai in terms of playstyle/appearance?
13.In terms of loot, what else drops aside from guns that your character can make use of? (armour? blueprints? quest items?)
14.Do enemies have a set level or do they scale to your character's level/number of people in the party?
15.Is there a 'common box' storage system whereby you can find items with one of your characters and pass them on to another of your characters?
16.What limits are there for player inventory/storage?
17.Will the game have a player-driven economy and are there any features to facilite one? (auction house? trading system?)
18.How big is the game environment? (compared to say, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Two Worlds or Sacred 2)
19.Is it true that there will be no loading screens whatsoever, including during open world to underground/building transitions?
20.Are there NPCs in the game and how can they be interracted with?
21.Is there a karma system?
22.Is the game ending absolute or does it leave you with an open world to explore?
23.Do enemies respawn after time or do they stay dead once you've cleared an area? Same question for bosses.
24.If you find a vehicle you like can you keep it? Upgrade it? Trade it?
25.Is there a character level cap and if so, is any further customisation only available via loot or are there further ways to tweak your character at endgame?
26.Are there any other modes aside from the main campaign (e.g. time-trials, boss challenges).
27.Are there difficulty levels or can difficulty be adjusted on the go?
28.Will there be leaderboards of any description?

Courtesy of: FantasyMeister
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #56
iLXeNk
Pirate Scourge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khid View Post
These are the questions i have just found that were posted by another user on a different site. I feel as though these should be looked through so we as a forumgoer group should help to answer. Please include helpful info.

1. How does aiming work: (Left-trigger to aim? Is there a cross-hair? Do different scopes have different zoom levels?)
LT aim RT shoot, Yes there is a Cross Hair, Yes different scopes have different zoom levels

2. Is there secondary (even tertiary) fire on guns? Can they be used in close combat as melee weapons?
We don't know about secondary/tertiary fire on guns at this time. Yes you can melee with your guns.

3. Can characters jump/roll/dive/crouch/go prone?
So far we have seen characters jumping. It would not be unreasonable to assume crouch is also in this game. Rolling/Diving/Prone have not been mentioned.

4. Are there attachments for weapons to add further customisation?
Customizable attachments? Nothing confirmed. Attachments in general yes (found already on the weapon)

5. How does the ammo/health system work? (Do you have to find/make ammo? Are there healthpacks/health regeneration?)
You can find/buy ammo. Roland can create ammo and heal players. Health Packs are unconfirmed(?) and health does not regenerate shields however do.

6. Is there any cover system?
Aside from getting behind a wall or crouching there is no confirmed cover system

7. Is there a friendly fire option outside of arenas?
No information (it is a possibility)

8. How intelligent does the enemy AI appear to be?
With little game play from E3 09 it is hard to tell. I do recall seeing at least 1 enemy attempting to duck behind a box. Also we have no idea what difficulty the E3 09 demo was set to.

9. Is it easy to switch to 'next best' weapon if you need to?
You can have up to 4 weapons equipped at a time. If this is what you're asking about then yes it is easy.

10. Is there item degradation over time?
I sure as hell hope not. From the few weapon details we've seen it doesn't look like it. As far as I'm aware, weapons and etc don't have durability.

11. How much customisation is there in terms of both weapons (attachments?) but also in terms of changing the onscreen appearance of your character? (armour? tattoos? hairstyles?)
Weapons as far as we know are not customizable. Character appearance can change but we are uncertain exactly how. Tattoos and Hair style changes do not seem to be implemented. Armor is a possibility but as yet unconfirmed. Cloths can be changed but there has been no in-depth detail about it.

12. Will character skilltrees allow players to create radically different versions of Mordecai in terms of playstyle/appearance?
The skill trees have been stated to create radically different variants of the general character yes. Appearance however is a no.

13. In terms of loot, what else drops aside from guns that your character can make use of? (armour? blueprints? quest items?)
Quest Items is a potential possibility. Armor(?)/Shields will drop as has been seen in the E3 09 gameplay demo. Weapons will drop as well as ammo and other various items.

14. Do enemies have a set level or do they scale to your character's level/number of people in the party?
There is no enemy scaling by level. Enemies will always remain at the level they're supposed to be at. Enemies will scale in difficulty only when players join into your game (in other words co-op) and will become more difficult as more players join into your game. Balance issues are still largely under revision. There are no entirely solid answers but the intent to is be able to measure your growth in power by going back to "easier" places and kicking faces in. That doesn't mean there will be absolutely zero scaling, but it doesn't mean there will be any scaling at all either - we're working on balance.

15. Is there a 'common box' storage system whereby you can find items with one of your characters and pass them on to another of your characters?
There has been no mention of this. There is the possibility of trading your items to a friend and having him trade them to a different character however.

16. What limits are there for player inventory/storage?
We are not sure but we do know there is a limit. We also know that you can raise that limit by somehow upgrading (purchasing?) your storage deck.

17. Will the game have a player-driven economy and are there any features to facilite one? (auction house? trading system?)
For now no. There has been nothing mentioned about this.

18. How big is the game environment? (compared to say, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Two Worlds or Sacred 2)
The map size is supposed to be huge. A lot larger than Oblivion and Fallout 3. Possibly larger than Two Worlds as well. I can not comment on Sacred 2.

19. Is it true that there will be no loading screens whatsoever, including during open world to underground/building transitions?
This is what has been promised. There might be "long elevator rides" or something else to substitute a loading screen.

20. Are there NPCs in the game and how can they be interracted with?
Yes NPCs are in the game. You can buy/sell from some and others might give you quests/missions or storyline information. The rest you kill (bandits, spiderants, rakks, etc).

21. Is there a karma system?
There has been no mention of a karma/moral system.

22. Is the game ending absolute or does it leave you with an open world to explore?
No information has been provided about this as of yet.

23. Do enemies respawn after time or do they stay dead once you've cleared an area? Same question for bosses.
Bosses exist. Enemies in many areas respawn over time.

24. If you find a vehicle you like can you keep it? Upgrade it? Trade it?
Information on vehicles is rather limited at this time. Customizing your vehicle has been mentioned. Whether that pertains to upgrading is another story. Trading also has not been mentioned.

25. Is there a character level cap and if so, is any further customisation only available via loot or are there further ways to tweak your character at endgame?
At the time the cap was spoken about there was no cap. There was mention that they were trying to find the right place to insert the cap. Aside from skill trees the only way to tweak your character, that is known at this time, is from loot.

26. Are there any other modes aside from the main campaign (e.g. time-trials, boss challenges).
Nothing that has been mentioned as of yet.

27. Are there difficulty levels or can difficulty be adjusted on the go?
Difficulty levels have been referenced but the exact implementation has not been mentioned.

28. Will there be leaderboards of any description?
Nothing mentioned as of yet. I sure hope not.

Courtesy of: FantasyMeister
PLEASE correct me where I'm wrong.

*EDIT*
Answers underlined were provided by Ennui.

Oh and nb4lock

Last edited by iLXeNk; June 25th, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #57
SpookyMulder
Consultant Scientician

Send a message via ICQ to SpookyMulder Send a message via AIM to SpookyMulder

....TL;DR?

27. It has been mentioned in an article that enemies will adjust their difficulty to the player's skill. It was the writer stating that, not someone at Gearbox, so I wouldn't give it 100% faith unless there is a second source.

I Want To Believe - The Thread Is Out There
SpookyMulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #58
ThunderWank
Tastes like Lightning

Send a message via MSN to ThunderWank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyMulder View Post
....TL;DR?

27. It has been mentioned in an article that enemies will adjust their difficulty to the player's skill. It was the writer stating that, not someone at Gearbox, so I wouldn't give it 100% faith unless there is a second source.
By this do you mean level scaling or that the game chooses the difficulty at which you play at depending on your skill like the director in L4D?
ThunderWank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #59
SpookyMulder
Consultant Scientician

Send a message via ICQ to SpookyMulder Send a message via AIM to SpookyMulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderWank View Post
By this do you mean level scaling or that the game chooses the difficulty at which you play at depending on your skill like the director in L4D?
Seemingly the latter.

I Want To Believe - The Thread Is Out There
SpookyMulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #60
tandeg
Football Manager

Sounds more like a L4D kind of thing to me, at least the way he explained it. I know they do it depending on how many players they are, but this is the first time I hear that they do it regarding skill too.
tandeg is offline   Reply With Quote